News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

Talk of the Day

Started by squishy_ichigo, May 15, 2009, 11:01:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Retroo

Happy Birthday Vismund!  :^_^:

Zero One

<ZeroOne> Oh SHIT, I had a good morning
<ZeroOne> Went to Dark Matter Cafe, got my laptop out, got my mouse plugged in, played the Trilogy version of Metroid Prime at a constant 60FPS with my mouse and keyboard like it was UT
<ZeroOne> Oh sooooo goooooood

I may even stream it later.

Retroo

I would like some testers for my hack its not too much yet but testers would stil be nice first area about 60 % done and second area has only 2 rooms yet. If you are interested send me PM and i give link to IPS. :^_^:

personitis

That doesn't sound like a lot to test honestly. Unless your hack is planned to be massive in size and your first area turns out to be some 50+ rooms each being over 12 or so screens large.

On another note, among the many reasons that exist, I heard something on the TV that made me remember why I don't care for television at all: "Have you ever heard the expression, 'You only have one chance to make a first impression?'" Like, seriously? I had no idea.

Quietus

Here's why I never watch TV:

[SPOILER]Program starts, runs for fifteen minutes, then fades to...
*SPONSORED BY SOMEBODY*
Advert.
Advert.
Advert.
Advert.
Advert.
Advert.
Advert.
Advert.
Advert.
Advert.
Advert.
Advert.
*SPONSORED BY SOMEBODY*
Viewing resumes for fifteen minutes, then fades to...
*SPONSORED BY SOMEBODY*
Advert.

Et cetera, et cetera... :evilno:[/SPOILER]

Jordan5

This is why I rarely watch live TV and use adblock :heheh:

Quietus

Yup.  If there's ever anything I'm interested in seeing, I just record it, then skip all the adverts. :^_^:

adamf

Modern TV has been redesigned to be overly addictive.  They don't put commercials between shows anymore, so that as your show ends, you might get sucked into watching the next one.

Also, with all the teasers and recaps, it's like this now.

I got rid of it after a year.  Couldn't stand it anymore.

Grimlock

Doesn't it just make you sick how they work ads into the storyline these days.  I was watching "falling skies" the other day, apocalyptic storyline, aliens invaded and whipped out most of humanity (very good series).  A kid and another individual were digging in some rubble at one point trying to pull his dad out when the man helping him stopped the kid, "You look tired, eat this for some energy"  From out of nowhere a perfectly positioned Hershey bar is brought into view...I'm thinking, WTF??  It was totally odd and almost randomly placed.. We're several years into an apocalyptic scenario here and this guy has a perfectly wrapped, clean Hershey bar just hanging out in his pocket.  The acting was awkward for an instant also, one second it's holy phuq my dad might be buried alive, next it's hey thanks man let's take a break from my crushed dad for a sec and check out this totally awesome candy bar!

Zero One

This is why we have a Netflix subscription. All the shows you want, and absolutely no adverts in the middle. The only reason we have a TV downstairs any more is so we have something to plug our consoles in to. That, and the occasional episode of Top Gear and Wheeler Dealers. That's pretty much it.

Quietus

Quote from: Grimlock on April 10, 2015, 12:03:41 AMperfectly positioned Hershey bar
Yeah, sometimes the product placement comes across as really awkward.  Companies pay millions to get their products in films.

adamf

I totally forgot I had a music (composition) lesson until like five minutes before, and ended up having to reschedule.

Also wasted a bunch of time taping a leaking water pipe, except there's not enough clearance so the tape didn't work.  Not that I expected better, but it would have been nice not to have to rush a long term repair.

At least easy mode randomizer is nice and relaxing  :^_^:

chozo echo

im super excited for axiom verge to come to pc- i played a demo on the ps4 and the game in question gives me a lot of ideas  for future hacks for metroid and even the one im currently working on :)   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6U04mprotZU

Quietus

Yeah, it does look good, and it's only a few months away. :^_^:

SlyPork

Quote from: Quietus on April 14, 2015, 09:03:58 AM

"Only" a few months away :sad:

Quietus

Since we've waited two years already, a few months ain't so bad. :^_^:

chozo echo

Quote from: SlyPork on April 14, 2015, 11:12:34 PM
Quote from: Quietus on April 14, 2015, 09:03:58 AM

"Only" a few months away :sad:

yea if you think a few months is bad you should check out ghost song that wont be released till late this year :(    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4z--HxpK_-4

Quietus

I'm also waiting for Season 2 of Attack on Titan, only to find out it isn't even starting to be aired until 2016. :cry:

chozo echo

Quote from: Quietus on April 15, 2015, 07:54:02 AM
I'm also waiting for Season 2 of Attack on Titan, only to find out it isn't even starting to be aired until 2016. :cry:
yea its a great show i didnt know it was gonna be that long for season 2 :| - the show slightly reminded me of bleach in areas but then again its totally different - personally i cant wait for dbz resurrection f- i only wish i understood japaneses cuz it comes out in 3 days :|- but all us english speaking pplz will have to wait till the summer

Quietus

I also found AoT quite amusing with its characters:

[spoiler]Oh, I really like that guy - he's cool!
Oh, he's dead.
Well, that guy's pretty cool too...
Oh, he's dead.
I guess I always quite liked her as well...
Oh, she's dead.

*Sigh* :neutral:[/spoiler]

Parabox

Adventure Time's on hold till tomorrow and it'll still take a while for someone to upload the HD webrip, [spoiler=Rant](yes, I could watch Adventure Time on TV and actually support something I think is really cool, but the Dutch have to my great grief completely backed away from the habit of subbing cartoons in different languages, the kids now being stuck with the same 12-20 so-so to plain bad Dutch VAs, not to mention somewhat butchered dialogues, and as a cherry on top, they called it Tijd voor avontuur here, very literally translating Adventure Time as Time for Adventure. The same sentiment kinda goes for the other stuff I'm going to mention here)[/spoiler] Gravity Falls is on hold 'till summer. Luckily enough, the joy that is Steven Universe is currently running and very very lovely, just switching gear from binge-watching all the way from ep 1 to watching an episode a week, as they air and are uploaded in decent enough quality. Also, Gintama has continued into its third anime chapter as Gintama°, so I'm going to watch that as it airs for the first time! Really excited for the Jouishishi Warriors reunion arc being animated. I guess I'm also checking out what Trigger and Gainax are doing this cour.

Digital_Mantra

After buying the AoT blu-rays, I wanted more so I read the manga (still do monthly) they have more than enough material to make another 13 episodes easy. I don't care for where it's going, sorta falling into the anime stereotype deus ex machina trope.

Adventure Time is awesome, still watch it, still buy the season boxsets (not the random episode dvds but actual seasons), looking forward to S5 release, wondering if it will come as 2 parts as the rest are 26 and this is 52.

Vaginal Plop Dumplings.
Soaked Solid Oak Ceder Slut.
Penile Plush Stick.
Warn Beer Crow Croak Crap.

Aran;Jaeger

The hack that was put up in that new, huge hack rating list, called "Super Metroid: Training Camp" is headered it seems, and not unheadered (as stated on that hacks page).

Retroo

WTFF

Daltone

Happy 420, let's get baked cookies with weed in em'