News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

Talk of the Day

Started by squishy_ichigo, May 15, 2009, 11:01:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quietus

Yeah, baby.  Lego can solve everything. :cool:

SlyPork

I really like the dark wood desk  :^_^:

Yeah I tried to improve my ventilation temporarily so I now have it on a skinny 3 ring binder.

JAM

If I tell you HOW I made my PC silent, you'll never believe this...

Alright. Internal fan of power supply is connected outside, to graphics card directly. So I can alter his RPM using graphic management tool. Fan of graphic card was replaced to another one, which is now connected to IDE's supply using adapter and it has his own RPM control device with wheel. Mother board's fan have been replaced to larger and quieter one. It's connected as it should because it's ultra silent by default. But now all this system is not effective to cool the insides of PC, so extra one small ultra silent fan was installed to the case directly and it's connected to insides of power supply.

I told you that I'm pervert? =)

Quietus

I never hear mine anyway, as I always have my headphones on. :^_^:

JAM

This one was hard... Too hard for me. My personality is almost destroyed. Build based of mixture of my past avatars is coming, JAM v8.0... Don't know nothing about my new personality, but I won't quit hacking. That's for sure.

Final revolution is coming. It's no turning back now.

Time to reborn.

Quietus

I think my random meter just broke. :O_o:

Black Falcon

[spoiler]

That about sums it up.
[/spoiler]

Quietus

Note to self: Though I love pasta, eating 900g of spaghetti carbonara leaves me so stuffed I can't move for an hour. :pale:

adamf

Quote from: Quietus on March 13, 2015, 03:37:01 PM
Note to self: Though I love pasta, eating 900g of spaghetti carbonara leaves me so stuffed I can't move for an hour. :pale:

(breaks out the unit converter)  Two pounds?  That sounds awesome.  I'd take not moving for an hour for that.  :^_^:

My wife just bought ingredients to make 11 quarts (10.4 L) of chili for canning.  So we can have chili on hand for a while, without having to make it every time we want to eat it.

Quietus

Mmm, I'm partial to chilli too.  Normally with tonnes of rice, or with jacket potatoes and cheese. :^_^:

Quietus

So, I reckon that Speed Booster Construction needs to learn how a Super Short Charge an explanation.

GF_Kennon

Quote from: Quietus on March 19, 2015, 01:59:04 PM
So, I reckon that Speed Booster Construction needs to learn how a Super Short Charge an explanation.

Oh wouldnt you like to know ;)

Maybe it will get a post later today before I set you guys on it, also I changed the name. (this is the 3rd name now)

Quietus

Quote from: GF_Kennon on March 19, 2015, 02:32:28 PMOh wouldnt you like to know ;)
Nope.  I'm not curious.  Not one bit.  Not in the slightest.

:suspect:

Parabox

Drakon Super Metroid CD Play Through

So this guy called TheDrakon already did an MSU-1 hack of Super Metroid, and won't be releasing his work. Very annoying. Like I suggested before, this would be a really neat addition to things like Project Base, or a way for WindowMaker to insert Echoes of Eris into Eris for real (how availability to the general public would work would still be up to him, sadly), or you could insert Metroid Metal, OCRemix stuff, or a completely different soundtrack by yourself (all you need are the .WAV files converted to .SPC files and a simple configuration file). The downside of using MSU-1 is that it only works with higan/bsnes and the SD2SNES, and it's a bit more technical to apply than your average SMW Central member would be likely to know. Also, this stuff tends to take up a lot of space, which is especially nasty if you have an SD2SNES but you're on a budget for SD cards (not even all are capable of implementing the chip accurately due to i/o speed). The upside, of course, is custom music and video files.

GF_Kennon

Today because Mst kept me up to unholy hour in the morning and I missed Mayo-Chan joining the #MetConst IRC channel, I overslept and look what happened :<

On a different topic I do not see why that guy shouldn't release his hack, did he ever give a reason?

DSO

He's like that with his M1 stuff too. He does these things for his own benefit and no one elses, it seems. I'm certain there'll be a public MSU-1 patch for Super Metroid popping up regardless.

snarfblam

Quote from: Parabox on March 21, 2015, 08:53:48 AMSo this guy called TheDrakon already did an MSU-1 hack of Super Metroid, and won't be releasing his work. Very annoying.

Yeah, he's pulled the same thing here on this forum. He posted a video of a half-finished M1 hack to add diagonal shooting and ducking, and stated that he would not be releasing it. His rationale seems to be that if you want to be able to have these things, you should learn to do it yourself. Personally, I don't get it.

Kitsune_Phoenix

*deleted post*

JAM

Quote from: Quietus on March 12, 2015, 08:52:22 AM
I think my random meter just broke. :O_o:
Nope, mine just shows "8999". I'll write report later in the Nightmares topic. Everything goes wrong. I've got JAM v99 "Omega" instead.

Anyway, yesterday I watched sun eclipse in the day of equilibrium. It happens 1 time in century or so. About eclipse, nothing so special. Floppy disks are the best thing to watch through. Hint: use 2 or even 3 in a row.

Max eclipse phase was 65% here. Lighting horns is what it looks like. If not looking at sun, the scenery changes a bit. It looks like a sun goes behing the cloud (if talking about the light amount), but without cloud in the sky. A little twilight in the middle of the day. If don't know nothing about the eclipse and just look at the window you'll just think about "sun behing cloud". Or "energy goes away" if you're the MP2 fan.

Noticable changes are starting when the phase is over 80%. I remember seeing 93% once. It was beautiful. Not just the sun. The sky too: purple stars on pink sky just above me and lighting in the horizon around. Like the sun is not above you, but it will come from the horizon everywhere. Not just in the east.

Quietus

My view of the eclipse consisted of cloud, cloud, and some more cloud. :sad:

Smiley

My view mostly consisted of paper and a desk due to chemistry exam.

Don't feel like I missed anything though.

Quietus

I had to chuckle at work because one of the guys was saying that it was rubbish because the sun wasn't out.  I reminded him that even if it were out, the point is to not see it anyway. :^_^:

Kitsune_Phoenix

*deleted post*

Zero One

There was just enough cloud cover where I could see the crescent of the sun without blinding myself. Pretty cool. Just need to wait until 2026 to see my third one.

Vismund Cygnus

I know I'm about 12 minutes early for Canadian Fake Time, but happy birthday Quote58!