News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

Talk of the Day

Started by squishy_ichigo, May 15, 2009, 11:01:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Crashtour99

Always happy to see someone treat their vehicles decently, even if it's just an "old clunker".  Much respect for mah fellow grease-monkey. 

Ya know, with the body lines on that Sentra, you could totally get away with a 2-tone paint job.  Nothing crazy, but maybe black/white or blue/gray, heck eve white/blue.  Perhaps a wide side stripe.  There's a lot of combos you could do.

A_red_monk_called_Key

snarfblam

I get that there's little overhead cost to paint when you're already all set up for it, but...

Quote from: A_red_monk_called_Key on September 19, 2011, 04:10:10 PM
i've ordered a ton of new body parts and back up motor.

I can only guess vaguely what you spent, but I know body parts aren't cheap, even if you know somebody that can get them for you a little cheaper. (The flimsy plastic body panels for the Saturn I used to own were pretty spendy, and I got them through work at-cost.) Don't get me wrong. I'm not trying to give you a hard time. It sounds like you have a special place in your heart for your Sentra. That's fine. I just think you're nuts.

Quote from: A_red_monk_called_Key on September 19, 2011, 06:05:23 PM
pro body shop charges $2000-4000. (those guys are ass holes)

I hope you're kidding (about the assholes bit) :[

A_red_monk_called_Key

sentra body parts are 60 for a fender and 120 for hood. no special place for this car i think i may get 3 more years out of it.

nuts, i've been called that many times. look at it this way, you have a shop and working on cars is reminiscent of Lego time as a kid. i bought my prelude for $140 when preludes were $3800-4000 i then spent $1200 to restore the body(fun times). then bought $1200 imported motor and 700 to 800 in toys, i still have $500 more to go, and i'm left with more car then the guy who went to the bank for a loan.

i don't mean to offend, but i fell bad for charging 200 for just spray. body shops on the other hand have to pay $25 an hour for insurance alone plus they have to pay the guy to paint the car.(too many middle men) i think its a little much to go to a pro body shop unless you have a car insurance clam or 40 thousand dollar muscle car that needs to be perfect.

saturns are not cheap, i've never worked on one, but i can imagine.

silverpaw84

Hey all, I'm thinking of making a new tileset, a la Grime. I'm thinking something with brickwork, definitely using some of GFX 2/3, but adding slopes and such, as well as merging tiles to join bricks and ground together neatly. Gonna throw in some custom stuff too, of course. What would the masses like to see? I have a good amount of exp with pixel editing, however, most of my talent is photo correction (removing redeye and the such)

Crashtour99

Quote from: A_red_monk_called_Key on September 20, 2011, 06:26:55 PM
saturns are not cheap, i've never worked on one, but i can imagine.
I have a buddy that works at a Chevy dealership repairing vehicles (Saturns fall under the Chevy/GMC label) and from what he says, they're cheaper to buy brand new than fix.   Most cars these days are throw away trash.  Not like back in the day when you could buy a car and drive it for 500,000+ miles if you took care of it, or a fender bender was just that instead of buckling the whole front half of the car.  Some of em would last even if you didn't take care of em.  One guy I know had a '74 Dart with a 225 slant 6 and he drove it with no coolant or oil at all and it still refused to die.

A_red_monk_called_Key

sentra done on edit date

snarfblam

Quote from: Crashtour99 on September 23, 2011, 11:14:23 PM
Most cars these days are throw away trash.  Not like back in the day when you could buy a car and drive it for 500,000+ miles if you took care of it, or a fender bender was just that instead of buckling the whole front half of the car.
That's silly. New cars have more plastic, which breaks easier. Certain makes/models tend to have certain problems. But "throw away trash?" If you take care of any new car, there's no reason not to expect at least the same longevity.

And those cars that crinkle up like foil do that for a reason. Much better the car absorb the shock of an accident than your body. If your car buckles under the pressure of a low-speed impact, you must be driving a Cherry. china cherry motors car crash test

personitis

So, I'm just gonna assume the site was hacked earlier? :heheh:
[spoiler=1600 x 900 img][/spoiler]

Katelyn

Quote from: person701 on September 25, 2011, 10:20:42 PM
So, I'm just gonna assume the site was hacked earlier? :heheh:
[spoiler=1600 x 900 img][/spoiler]

It was the host that was hacked, but yeah.

interdpth

Person, added you on DN :)

Zhs2

The mass defacement included placing an index.php in pretty much every directory available in public_html folders for most accounts. Simple recovery if you had a backup on hand.

personitis

Quote from: Valiant Breeze on September 25, 2011, 10:24:20 PM
It was the host that was hacked, but yeah.
Figured it was the host. Just wasn't sure how to put it.
Quote from: interdpth on September 25, 2011, 10:39:56 PM
Person, added you on DN :)
Orly now? How you do that? I've never figured that out. XD

On a side note, as I was judging at the local card shop today, some guy with criminal intent decides to step into the store and start stuff. Thankfully, everyone left without physical harm. :)

interdpth

Click on view profile, search up a profile then click add friend! I was hoping you were person701 so hopefully you're that one :P

Nice!

Our judge went 3-1 today I was able to do that as well with a Nordic Fissure deck

silverpaw84

[snip]

GF_Kennon

:D?

Also I only found out today about the hacking, yeash, its a wonder inmotion didnt send me an email :\

Zero One

You totally got that idea from me :P

Lunaria

Now it feels like I need to do something similar with my HDD names. :P

A_red_monk_called_Key

nintendo hooks it up with free zelda 4 swords on 3DS VC

Katelyn

Quote from: Crys on September 30, 2011, 04:55:54 PM
Now it feels like I need to do something similar with my HDD names. :P

Do Equestrian names.
Equestria...
Ponyville...
Canterlot...

You get it.

Lunaria

Nah, I'll be a bit more original than that.

Quote from: A_red_monk_called_Key on September 30, 2011, 05:23:10 PM
nintendo hooks it up with free zelda 4 swords on 3DS VC
Actually, it's on DSi ware. There is a difference.

A_red_monk_called_Key

i downloaded it on 3DS so the difference must not be too severe

Charmander106

I played it and it is sure difficult! I am very satisfied with my download.

personitis

Happy Birthday Zephyrtronium!
[spoiler][/spoiler]
You like? Or maybe this:
[spoiler][/spoiler]

Quietus

That skull cake is actually pretty cool.