News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

[SM] Phazon Hack 0.5 (Under Construction)

Started by A_red_monk_called_Key, January 12, 2010, 04:19:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DeadSkullzJr

Lets not start a flame war guys, just stay patient ;)

Thirteen1355

Of course, we all are patient, my friend. It's just that I was wondering if there was anything interesting going on here.
I'm not demanding to hear something, I'm just curious.

DeadSkullzJr

Quote from: Thirteen1355 on June 05, 2016, 03:51:13 PM
Of course, we all are patient, my friend. It's just that I was wondering if there was anything interesting going on here.
I'm not demanding to hear something, I'm just curious.

Here's what I think, turn that wonder into ideas, of what you think is in the hack, and get detailed if you need to, because even wonder itself has to be patient, you never know, maybe he isn't updating because he wants to surprise us all. Make those ideas grow ;).

SlyPork

Jordan and Quote are correct, asking about the progress of a hack is generally useless to do (and against the rules IIRC?). On the other hand, showing your enthusiasm about the hack and giving feedback to the author about the shared screenshots or previous versions of the hack is much more recommended and beneficiary to all. It shows the author that you care about the hack and its progress without coming across as "beg-y".

Quote from: Thirteen1355 on June 04, 2016, 02:07:11 PM
How is such a thing called pestering? Do I know if he lives without internet? No. Also, thanks to my comment, I now DO know the reason he's not on this thread lately.
If you took the time to read through some of the thread or at least some of RedMonkey's posts, you will see that he stated it at least once.

For RedMonkey, Phazon 0.3 was my first and currently my favorite hack that I have played. I really do look forward to any and all future updates when they come out. Love the new GFX on, well, everything! I do personally think the enemy health/beam damage ratio could be adjusted so beams aren't virtually useless in most scenarios and intended path for the next upgrade could be a little more obvious (I remember searching all over that hack several times for the next progression point.) I check this thread out anytime it gets a new post, just because I'm that excited for any new progress on Phazon 0.4.

Also I agree with everyone, the second title screen is much better in my opinion.

Quote from: Thirteen1355 on June 05, 2016, 04:30:57 PM
I need a Like button.
Ew Facebook

Thirteen1355

Facebook is not my thing. A Like button is.

Well, there aren't that much screenshots of the hack, are there? I've played Phazon 0.3 (even posted a stuck point on this thread), and it was pretty good! Certainly one of the best Super Metroid hacks. I hope Phazon 0.4 will be even better!

One question: Will 0.4 feature custom music/bosses?

A_red_monk_called_Key

THIS IS TAKING LONGER THAN EXSPECITED. THE FIRST TEST TOOK TWO MOUNTHS TOO FIX ALL TYPEOS IN MY LARGE .ASM, AND NOW I FINALY STARTED TESTING THE DARK WORLD. ALL ITEMS HAVE BEEN PLACED, AND ENEMIES ARE PLACED AS I GO.

MY TASKS ARE:
;PLACE ENEMIES
;FINSH GREEN TEXT AND INTRO VIDS
;3 OR SO DAYS OF MINOR FIXS
;3RD TEST (COLLECT ALL ITEMS [x3.4 THE SIZE OF PHAZON 0.3])
;UNDISCOVERED FIXS

HERE IS THE INTRO VID
http://vid1217.photobucket.com/albums/dd391/redm0nk3y/c.mp4

Thirteen1355

The video says:
"This plugin is not supported"
EDIT: Link to Red Monkey's video:
http://vid1217.photobucket.com/albums/dd391/redm0nk3y/c.mp4
EDIT: Wait what? The link just changes into the same thing? Well, remove the space between the two 't's in 'http'
ht tp://vid1217.photobucket.com/albums/dd391/redm0nk3y/c.mp4

I noticed how much bigger, and different, Phazon 0.4 is from 0.3. Could you consider the two to be seperate games?
Could you, in fact, recommend someone to play both versions?

Anyway, great to hear from you again!
EDIT: Gotta say, that intro is f*ck*ng amazing!!

elol

Does that mean that phazon 0.4 will soon to be released? because it looks to be much better and maybe longer than phazon 0.3 and also is most original hopefully have more bosses and enemies lol xD so still Red-m0nk3y

altoiddealer

I couldn't see either of those videos, so here is a clicky text link

CLICKABLE TEXT FOR THE VIDEO

Steel Sparkle

I like the intro vid. Nice job Red. Man i can't wait for this to come out  :^_^:
Keep up the good work red!

Dynastyx

Happy to see this project alive and well. Really cool intro :)

LexyChan

I'm so looking forward to see this next update (0.4 or final? version) being released. Good luck red for having a smooth work there!

MetroidX

Very hyped up. Thanks RED for that intro video. I can tell it's going to be another epic game!

Strokend

Omg those Webms started playing automatically and I was wondering why I was hearing Metroid music out of nowhere.

Thirteen1355

Does the Dark World contain different enemies from the Light World?

DeadSkullzJr

Quote from: Thirteen1355 on June 26, 2016, 04:34:59 PM
Does the Dark World contain different enemies from the Light World?

I believe each world will have their own enemies, some similar to each other and a few complete new ones, in my opinion I wouldn't ask these questions unless you want to ruin the surprise that the game offers  :wink:.

Thirteen1355

I want to judge if the hack is worth playing.

Of course, I'm also curious what the new version of the hack has to offer. Duh.  :^_^:

snarfblam

Regarding suddenly absent posts:

Quote from: Lunaria
I would like to remind all users of this thread that if you have a problem with the code of conduct of another user, then the appropriate action is to either fill a report or PM a moderator/admin, not derailing a thread.

Thirteen1355

It's really great to have unique enemies in the Dark World. It really makes that place feel distinct.
Does the Dark World concept resemble A Link to the Past in any way?

Does stuff you do in Dark/Light world affect stuff in Light/Dark world?

EDIT: Yeah, I saw the post. It's best to just go on, like it never happened (no sarcasm).

Strokend

Quote from: Thirteen1355 on July 08, 2016, 07:45:47 PM
It's really great to have unique enemies in the Dark World. It really makes that place feel distinct.
Does the Dark World concept resemble A Link to the Past in any way?

Does stuff you do in Dark/Light world affect stuff in Light/Dark world?

EDIT: Yeah, I saw the post. It's best to just go on, like it never happened (no sarcasm).
Rather than Link to the Past, think Metroid Prime 2, where you had Planet Aether, separated into Light Aether and Dark Aether. While some creations from one side may only show up in the opposing world (Ie, something of light showing up in the Dark world), these would usually be found in specific sections of that other world, like bases from the opposing side.

Thirteen1355

Ah, alright.
I never played Prime 2 (my PC needs to get better), but I get the idea.

Sorey

I need the last Valkyrie Gear. Can anyone help me with this? And there is a door I cannot open. This door is blue and it opens an eye and shoot 3 projectiles. Dont know how to go through.

A Dummy

Hey mods, can we please get some spoilers on those intro videos?
I'm starting to get tired of them auto playing every time I view this thread.

Mon732

Spoilering the vids doesn't seem to stop them autoplaying. We're looking into it but for now you can stop them from auto playing on your end.

In Firefox open a new tab and navigate to "about:config", click the "I'll be careful" button if it shows up. Then type "media.autoplay.enabled" into the search bar and double click the only thing that shows up to set it to false.

In Chrome you need a plugin such as Disable HTML5 Autoplay.