News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

[SM] Phazon Hack 0.5 (Under Construction)

Started by A_red_monk_called_Key, January 12, 2010, 04:19:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PHOSPHOTiDYL

Quote from: Quietus on September 01, 2016, 06:57:47 PM
PHOSPHOTiDYL wasn't ranting, but giving you instructions on how to create and apply the patches you were hoping for.

Wouldn't take more than five minutes.

Quote from: Thirteen1355 on September 01, 2016, 04:10:35 PM
I wouldn't call this 'working perfectly with Phazon hack', as you need to edit a lot to get it working.

I literally said it "works fine", as in the game doesn't crash when walking in the water in that one room with the blue enemy things flying at you, and the health things still heal you.

Since spinjump restart won't overwrite the healing code.

Cause you repointed it.

Now that I think about it, there was also something before the double torizo boss involving the x-ray not being selectable in certain areas, and automatically disabling it when it was selected. Seems like your best bet is going to the project base thread, getting that sexy code grime posted recently, changing the two $90F63A to $90F6C0, and patching. Remember to save as .ASM not .TXT or it won't work.

Also post your answer as to why those two addresses.

Thirteen1355

How do you insert/patch .asm files?

That's a coincidence, since I also need to know how to do that for inserting an asm file into Zero Mission.
Do these two work the same with asm insert?

If someone can provide me with a tutorial in hex editing, I'll be very happy.

Quietus

There are numerous programs that will help you. An easy one for SNES is SNEStuff. For information, there are tonnes of written tutorials about, and there are quite a few on Youtube too.

Thirteen1355

I have SNEStuff, which I mainly use for header adding/removal. Never seen anything about hex editing.

Thanks anyway!

Quietus

That was more in response to the .asm bit, but there are lots of tutorials available for hex editing too. Hex editing itself is pretty simple, and is essentially replacing existing data with new data. It's finding the right data to change that is more difficult, and I believe people use debuggers to find it. I've often seen Geiger's snes9x one mentioned. Good luck. :^_^:

Thirteen1355

Ah, I misunderstood.

But is SNEStuff also working with Zero Mission?
How do you insert an asm file into Zero Mission?

Jordan5

Quote from: Thirteen1355 on September 02, 2016, 07:19:18 AM
How do you insert an asm file into Zero Mission?

Seriously? why are you asking this here? :neutral: maybe try googling all of your questions first?

I did a quick search and yielded this, try it in future.

Thirteen1355

Oh, but I did google my questions. I spent two whole days figuring out how to get it to work.

I was asking here because the Zero Mission patch wasn't the only thing I wanted to try ASM for. It was also related to the Phazon hack.

Anyway, I'll be asking further questions on the Engine thread. Seems the many miscommunications have forced me to stay quiet for a while.
I'm sorry for the chaos I seem to have caused.

linkmaster647

Quote from: DonnyDonovan on January 14, 2010, 12:26:07 AM
Agree with everything said.  I just got morphball after searching forever (I kind of like hacks that put the morphball other than first or second) and this is an extremely pleasant surprise.  I'm loving the enemy edits.  Use savestates due to a few stuck points, but this hack is absolutely made of win so far.
just got the morph ball explored everything i can WHERE TO GO?

A_red_monk_called_Key

Sorry no info in a long time, i dont work on metroid while i have lucrative work to do. i have free time now so i'll be working on Metroid hacks again. i will be working on Alt. M(Zebes) at the same time, so Phazon wont be done any time soon. the work on SM Phazon 0.4 is getting tedious and repetitive, and i dont want my boredom to afect the game so i'll jump back and forth. other then that there is not much work to do. i'll try to finsh these two projects as fast as posable so i can begin working on my reinvented item progreshion style kid icarus.

Thirteen1355

Amazing! Jumping between different projects is a really good way to keep working without getting bored. :bounce:

But what exactly is Alternate Zebes? A Super Metroid improvement hack?

Steel Sparkle

It's fine Red Monkey. Good luck with the projects. I look forward to playing them in the future :)

elol

Hi Red-M0nk3y I would like to ask you if there has been progress of super metroid phazon hack or some other super metroid project, because I see that for a long time you have not had any questions regarding that.

ReptileMonster

Quote from: elol on November 06, 2017, 10:53:18 PM
Hi Red-M0nk3y I would like to ask you if there has been progress of super metroid phazon hack or some other super metroid project, because I see that for a long time you have not had any questions regarding that.
I don't think hes coming back. Hes been offline since last year, and no ones heard from him, since.

Jordan5

Quote from: elol on November 06, 2017, 10:53:18 PM

Quote from: Rules
14. No begging - Seriously, guys. Stop begging for hacks/mods/demos/betas/screenshots/videos/GFX/ASM/other content. The creators will release content on their own time, and begging for content only serves to annoy and hinder progress even further. Don't do it. This includes asking if the project is dead and asking for updates.

Please don't do this. Red Monkey rarely gets access to internet anyway (afaik) so the updates will be sparse - be patient.

Foxhound3857

Anyone who has gotten 100% in this hack, am I missing something here?

The only item I still need besides whatever is in Valkyrie, and I literally cannot see any way to get to it.

(yes I know that switch requires Screw Attack, but how do I Screw Attack it from the wrong side?)

Jordan5

It's a phazon missile gate. Go around that room so you're behind the chozo statue and shoot a phazon missile at the correct height and it will open the gate.

Foxhound3857

Ah, didn't think that would work. The other two gates of that color only opened to the Screw Attack, and all the backside tunnels were blocked so I never thought a missile could squeeze through. Ah well, that did it. Thank you.

faefantasia

Anyone who's 100% completed this game, how do you get through this area?

https://i.imgur.com/JNIoGph.png?1 (or here https://i.imgur.com/FEVRvyd.png?1 for where it is on the map)

I can't even seem to figure out what triggers the gates, much less how to get through them.

Steel Sparkle

Quote from: faefantasia on August 06, 2018, 10:40:39 PM
Anyone who's 100% completed this game, how do you get through this area?

https://i.imgur.com/JNIoGph.png?1 (or here https://i.imgur.com/FEVRvyd.png?1 for where it is on the map)

I can't even seem to figure out what triggers the gates, much less how to get through them.

[spoiler]If I recall correctly you need to mock ball through there via the ramp below. Turn off your high jump boots and spring ball.[/spoiler]

A_red_monk_called_Key

SM Phazon 0.4 is 5 times bigger then 0.3. too big, so there will be early release of SM Ph 0.3.5. I am working on bigger things, but keep coming back to this because I love the SNES and wish there were more games. I live for from internet access, so don't fear I will finish this game one day.

Steel Sparkle

Glad to hear from you Red Monkey! I look forward to whatever changes phazon 3.5 bring and good luck with phazon 0.4

FPzero

Five times bigger? Forgive me for saying so but...doesn't that seem too big? I mean, Phazon 0.3 is already a pretty large game. Do you have enough good new content in 0.4 to warrant such a large expansion?

I'm still excited, but also hesitant.

UDtheAesir

Quote from: A_red_monk_called_Key on August 24, 2018, 02:11:16 PM
SM Phazon 0.4 is 5 times bigger then 0.3. too big, so there will be early release of SM Ph 0.3.5. I am working on bigger things, but keep coming back to this because I love the SNES and wish there were more games. I live for from internet access, so don't fear I will finish this game one day.

Sw33t, can't wait! Redesign was pretty big too, but it had plenty to keep you occupied, which is good. So hopefully this one will be as good, or better!

DonnyDonovan

I think overall 0.2 is still my favorite version, but it will be fun to see what the future brings.