News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

[SM] Phazon Hack 0.5 (Under Construction)

Started by A_red_monk_called_Key, January 12, 2010, 04:19:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

A_red_monk_called_Key

summer is here and I have to pay the bills for the year, so work is going slow. as for the Dark World, YES all rooms need new enemies. it just wouldn't look right w/out all the different types of moch-roids.

Thirteen1355

Nice to hear from you again!

Ah, that will make the Dark World even more unique!

What's the 'Alternate M: Episode Zebes' project in your underthingy?

MetroidX

Awesome, thanks Red! This new v.4 sounds very interesting to say the least.

Steel Sparkle

I have been looking forward to this for quite a while. Nice to hear a little update. I can't wait red. Keep it up!

A_red_monk_called_Key

Alternate M: Episode Zebes is more than 50% complete [the addition of SR388 took it back from 80%]the title may change to 'Epic of Samus'

here are some dark world pics
[spoiler][/spoiler]

Thirteen1355

Wow!
Looks really impressive!
Do you think we can play 0.4 as a seperate game from 0.3 (given the fact so much has been changed between versions)?
Or are they still too similar for that?

But what exactly 'is' Episode Zebes? Is it an improvement hack of Super Metroid?
Nonetheless, I'm amazed by the fact you're working on not one, but TWO hacks!

altoiddealer

Quote from: A_red_monk_called_Key on July 26, 2016, 01:36:21 PM
Alternate M: Episode Zebes is more than 50% complete [the addition of SR388 took it back from 80%]the title may change to 'Epic of Samus'

here are some dark world pics
[spoiler][/spoiler]
Love it.  :twisted:

danidub

That would be cool to find a visor upgrade to see in the dark.

A_red_monk_called_Key

Quote from: Thirteen1355 on July 26, 2016, 01:46:23 PM
Wow!
Looks really impressive!
Do you think we can play 0.4 as a seperate game from 0.3 (given the fact so much has been changed between versions)?
Or are they still too similar for that?

But what exactly 'is' Episode Zebes? Is it an improvement hack of Super Metroid?
Nonetheless, I'm amazed by the fact you're working on not one, but TWO hacks!

Episode Zebes is to Super Metroid as Metroid 1 is to Zero Mission

Steel Sparkle

Thirteen1355

Quote from: A_red_monk_called_Key on July 27, 2016, 10:07:52 AM
Episode Zebes is to Super Metroid as Metroid 1 is to Zero Mission

Wow, that's amazing!
Eh, but wait? So Episode Zebes is some sort of demake of Super Metroid?

That's what Metroid 1 is to Zero Mission.

lgdz

Just here to say that Project Base 0.7.2's gameplay patch does not work with Phazon 0.3, in case you were thinking about playing or replaying this hack with superior controls and stuff. The game will crash in certain rooms rendering the game unbeatable.

Control Freak hack does work with this hack, so you can use that one if you're more used to the Fusion/Zero Mission control style.

Thirteen1355

Why do you say this? I've tried Project Base already, so I know it doesn't work. Phazon healing spots will stop working and going into Phazon water freezes the game.

lgdz

Good for you, but I wasn't saying that specifically for you. I don't think it was said before whether the patch worked with this hack or not, so players who haven't tried this hack won't have to waste their time patching.

Thirteen1355

Ah, sorry for that.
I thought I was the only one who is interested in applying Project Base to SM hacks.

Of course, you should use the 'gameplay only' patch for hacks, but even then, it won't work on Phazon.

It works on Eris, when you remove the header.

lgdz

Oh, and if you happen to have a 100% complete save, and then use the Project Base patch, you'll find that all the beams and stuff works, even Phazon beam. It also makes all beams fire faster than how it was originally. But you can't fight Ridley as the game crashes. GG.

Such a shame, since the improved controls would make this hack so much more fun than it already is. Shinesparking all over the place is great.

Thirteen1355

Jordan5

You shouldn't apply patches that change the physics because then you can do things that were never intended which leads to permastucks, sequence breaks and crashes. Stop cheating and just play the hack.

Thirteen1355

Do you think I should take you seriously?

Because having different controls isn't cheating at all. It's just utter nonsense what you're saying here :colonrightv:

Quietus

Quote from: Thirteen1355 on September 01, 2016, 10:08:45 AM
Do you think I should take you seriously?

Because having different controls isn't cheating at all. It's just utter nonsense what you're saying here :colonrightv:
Jordan isn't referring to the control scheme as such, but moves such as the backflip, and keeping your speed when you land from a jump. Most hacks are designed around the vanilla moves, and having these new moves can allow you access to areas you're not supposed to be in yet, thus leaving you facing permastucks. While I wouldn't call it cheating, don't expect any sympathy if you get stuck somewhere. :heheh:

Thirteen1355

PHOSPHOTiDYL

Quote from: Thirteen1355 on August 31, 2016, 07:23:46 PM
I've tried Project Base already, so I know it doesn't work. Phazon healing spots will stop working and going into Phazon water freezes the game.

Lol spinjump restart is at $90F63A, the start of free space in bank $90, where all the healing code is. Project base works fine with this game.

Get a vanilla rom and a copy of it, patch just spinjump to the copy, open smile rf and the vanilla rom, create an ips patch using the copy as the "unchanged" rom. That's your spinjump unpatch. Apply project base gameplay to another copy, then the unpatch.

Open phazon in hex, goto 8763A, find the nearest available free space ($90F6C0), open spinjump asm, replace the org $90F63A at the top & the JSL $90F63A at the bottom with your new free space, & patch to the rom with project base gameplay and spinjump unpatch.

Open that rom in smile rf, create a patch with the vanilla rom as the "unchanged" rom, and patch to phazon. I'm pretty sure that's how I did it it's off the top of my head. The pb gameplay alters some things like removing energy drain from shinesparking, and you won't just fall from a poorly timed space jump, so check the hex tweaks page after if you feel like its cheating.

Thirteen1355

Sounds really interesting, but also sounds like a lot of work to be done.
I wouldn't call this 'working perfectly with Phazon hack', as you need to edit a lot to get it working.

Quietus

Quote from: Thirteen1355 on September 01, 2016, 04:10:35 PMWhat have I done wrong?
I did never say it was cheating.
Go rant against the person who said that, not me.
Nobody said you did anything wrong.
Nobody said you said it was cheating.
PHOSPHOTiDYL wasn't ranting, but giving you instructions on how to create and apply the patches you were hoping for. PHOSPHOTiDYL also wasn't accusing you of cheating, but said that if you feel that not falling from a failed space jump (an effect of applying Project Base) is cheating, then check the hex tweaks page for how to reinstate it. It's your choice.

Thirteen1355

Hey, Red Monkey!

I've always been interested in the story of your Phazon 0.3 hack. There were some very interesting things going on: X-Parasites, Kriken (Trace's race), the final area/spaceship. It all felt really mysterious.
I wonder what role those do have in your hack. Did you have a concrete story in mind when creating your hack, or are these elements just references to official games in the Metroid series?