News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

Room of the Week 2014 - Archives

Started by Quote58, April 19, 2012, 09:40:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grimlock

Quote from: Alisa Orlova on November 19, 2014, 07:32:44 PM
I regard attempt to compare my work with a shit as an insult. I don't care, joke it or not, i would prefer that his message was deleted.

:pwuh:

Image replaced....

BTW, it was (as is the others) only meant to be humorous.  No need to be overly sensitive, I actually think rather highly of your abilities as well as everyone else's (Note that I did not give you a "0" :wink: ).  None of the images are meant to be reviews of any kind. Yea, I might poke fun at some of the rooms in various ways but it's just as you might poke fun at a friend, no ill will is intended, just a little laugh, nothing personal.

Quote58

I think we're all pretty tired of the bitching in rotw, but I think it's outrageous that grimlock has removed the photo because of you, so let me show you why that is Alisa.
You mademoiselle, are a hypocrite of the highest calibre.

Quote from: Alisa Orlova on October 29, 2014, 11:13:50 AM
ROTW 27-31 [10.2014]
Awesome Jefe's room
[spoiler][/spoiler]
[spoiler]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1VVymk5nJ08&list=UU_mkli-eHel7deN7mKRsi1A[/spoiler]

Not only have you literally compared another rotw competitors room to the inside of an anus (which is far more crass and rude than grimlock's depiction), but you actively attempt to insult and convince the members here that rotw is some horrible place that demeans it's users.

Quote from: Alisa Orlova on August 18, 2014, 07:00:26 AM
Yes!!! I solved the "Da Vinci code"! Ok, let me explain you what i see. It is an evil GODZILLA, riding on a Kitchen glove! Arrr!!!!!
You can try to defocus your eyes, and then, the room will look like an old neon sign.

Oh come on, you're not fooling me. I hope that the results of the vote will not affect on your desire to do good rooms. Hey! Stop! Wow, you're new here! You should know that I'm here all control. I like the grey cardinal! Remember cadet! Nobody likes you! This competition will teach you to hate your life! I mean, welcome home!  :heheh:

like, what the fuck is that? Jesus. AND THEN YOU CONTINUE TO POST IN IT.
But oh it's a joke right? Then why is it that you can make fun of grimlock's room (see the above quote), yet when he does so you ask for it to be removed? "let me explain you what I see" <--right, but if what /he/ sees is a room with colours that vaguely resemble excrement and a shape that is similar to the intestinal tracks, that's an attack right?
Well, I would probably be insulted if someone compared my rooms colours to excrement as well. However, even disregarding your post about jefe's room, let's not forget this part...

Quote from: Alisa Orlova on November 14, 2014, 05:15:15 AM
Hi my little marshmallows! How your mood today bros? Yeah...uh-huh... yes...uh-huh... keep it up...yup... sure... uh-huh... wow, wow, wow... hold on a second... I don't care actually. :<_<:
(Few dark colors + few dark colors = Mr. Hankey the Christmas Poo)

Not only is this yet another case of actively attempting to insult the other members by showing just how much you don't like them (in a thread where you are asking for their opinions on your work no less), but YOU LITERALLY COMPARED YOUR ROOM'S COLOURS TO POO ALREADY.
To top it all off, lets remember when you explained why you put grimlock on your chart for the sole purpose of giving him a 0...

Quote from: Alisa Orlova on October 22, 2014, 01:34:42 PM
Quote from: Quietus on October 22, 2014, 10:27:39 AM
That does seem a little harsh.  Surely it'd make more sense to just leave it off the table? :^_^:
He is a bidder, so he must be in my table! Maybe someday he will think: "For f**k's sake, zero... it's sucks! Just like all in my life! Probably I should try to make some SNES rooms". Or something like this, i don't quite sure. :<_<:

Right here you are actively discouraging him from making nes rooms, and I am not okay with that.

So first, you clearly have no right to tell grimlock to take that photo down, when you have done worse to others already.
Second, if you continue to do this, there won't be discussion on it, your post will simply be removed.
Rotw does not need this atmosphere of hostility (that's what irc is for! kidding  :lol:).

As for the rooms:
Fof: That is probably the best use of the mushrooms I've seen in super metroid. You got my vote.
Jefe: I thought your room comments were an inside joke to parody msts, and they weren't very good at that already. The fact that you were actually just blatantly ripping him off (correct me if I'm wrong here, I'd certainly like to be) is more than annoying, it's disappointing. Please, don't do this again. I don't even like mst's weird and loud way of commenting on rooms that he does now, but to copy it is awful regardless.
Your room is okay though. It'd be a lot better if you edited those fusion tiles to fit with super metroids art style though.
Alisa: Over all it's a good room, I like the tileset and I like the tiling. The lines on the background are understandable giving that it's underwater and you want them to stand apart. In fact I think it'd even lose some of it's appeal if you were to remove them.
Grimlock: Thank you for constantly making rotw more fun to be in :^_^:. That also must have taken some serious skill to put together so props for that. Unfortunately I can't give you my vote over fof when his room makes me want to play it as much as it does. Great effort though, definitely the best joke room I've seen in rotw (well, maybe aside from dman's 1 block room).

personitis

That video was the last thing I was expecting to see tonight... In any case, what set you off so bad that you couldn't just leave it at "quit being a hypocrite?" I'd go as far to say that you're ovary acting here.

Grimlock

Wow, now that's what you call posting with a sledgehammer! Case closed! Nicely done  :nod: :cheers:

Alisa Orlova

Quote from: Quote58 on November 20, 2014, 01:06:28 AM
I think we're all pretty tired of the bitching in rotw....
Your hostility to me is so annoying actually. Yeah :(
Let's figure out.
I drew a GODZILLA picture/He compared my work with a shit.    
Just kidding/Rudeness.
I think the difference is too obvious to explain.
Jefe and Grimlock said nothing to me about my jokes, its means nothing happened. No claims on their part.

Speaking about Jefe actually. Where's the rudeness and where is the joke in this situation?
LemmiWinks video/ Vismund post: "Jefe, your room is more shit than your attempt to be Mst, and your criticisms are idiotic."

But hold on a second... it's not my business!

Quietus

Hey, guys!  I had this dream where people kept on having the same arguments over and over again in this topic.  Luckily, I woke up and found that...  Wait, it's real!  Noooooooooo!!! :nowai:

On a serious note, and this has been threatened enough now, can the mods start just snipping anything that isn't direct talk / suggestions of the rooms themselves?  This is almost becoming weekly now.

squishy_ichigo

I don't have the ability to moderate full time sadly, so here's the only warning I'll give.  No names are being said, but those who find if fun to flame in this topic should stop while they can, or next time you very well might be banned.  I don't see a lot of this going on myself, but I have seen it going on for awhile.  I don't like threatening forum go-ers any more then you like being threatened.  Anyone who sees this going on, don't be afraid to report, that's the easiest way for me to see it. If you'd like to file a complaint about this post, please PM me directly.

I like this contest, its one of the few boards on this forum I actually check from time to time these days, keep it civil guys, please?

Retroo

Jefe: nice detail work =)
Full: good atmosphere (voted)
Grimlock: what i was doing when writing this wait what
sry i did not come up with something to say on your room alisa

Grimlock

Quote from: Alisa Orlova on November 20, 2014, 02:44:29 AM
Quote from: Quote58 on November 20, 2014, 01:06:28 AM
I think we're all pretty tired of the bitching in rotw....
Your hostility to me is so annoying actually. Yeah :(
Let's figure out.
I drew a GODZILLA picture/He compared my work with a shit.    
Just kidding/Rudeness.
I think the difference is too obvious to explain.
Jefe and Grimlock said nothing to me about my jokes, its means nothing happened. No claims on their part.

Speaking about Jefe actually. Where's the rudeness and where is the joke in this situation?
LemmiWinks video/ Vismund post: "Jefe, your room is more shit than your attempt to be Mst, and your criticisms are idiotic."

But hold on a second... it's not my business!

Well I do know a joke when I see one.  I actually thought your Godzilla was pretty funny.  I think the point he was trying to make is not that you insulted anyone, it's just that you have joked around in the past in a similar fashion (in the same way) which could have easily insulted someone if not seen as a joke.  Anyway you wanted it removed, I removed it, not a big deal.  Life is too short to worry about the little things.  If you would like to continue to discuss this PM me and we can.  At this point I respected your wishes to have the image removed.

If anyone else would like their photoshoped room removed from this thread feel free to either post the request here or PM me.  If I decide to continue feeding Photoshop with room of the week images I'll respectfully exclude your future ROTW submissions.  Future Alisa images will be excluded.  The point is for everyone to have a little fun, maybe a laugh or two, not to make a statement regarding any particular room.

Vismund Cygnus

Echoing Squish here, I'm sick of this incessant crap being posted here. There's 3 ways that we could go about dealing with this;
1. Stop. There's no place for this bitching here. Just leave it to constructive/humorous criticism of rooms.
2. I'll start deleting people's posts entirely. I don't wanna be that guy but it's at the stage where I'm gonna start doing it.
3. I make a seperate "discussion" thread to shitpost in. That sounds like a good idea, but it's idiotic and I can't believe we're at this point.

Basically I'm in no position to ban people, and nothing done strictly constitutes grounds to ban people from RoTW but at this stage, if it's going to stop people from doing this I may very well just delete any posts they make here (within reason, of course).
So please guys, just keep this thread to discussion of the rooms, m'kay? I'll give you this week to finish up whatever bullshit you wanna bitch about, but after that it's done, got it?
*moderator mode deactivated*

snarfblam

To add on to what squish said, everyone's been warned repeatedly. It's always the same few people, and some of those people really should know better. Squish is welcome to bring out the banhammer if he sees fit, but short of that I'm going to be removing these posts on first sight since it's apparently necessary. And this applies to everybody, not just the people who really, really should know better: responding to shitposting only begets more shitposting. So don't.

FullOfFail

I just wanted to throw it out there that I loved and appreciated the picture Grim made for me. So much so, that I downloaded it earlier before the firestorm started and I am gonna add it to my desktop pics routine. High-five for hallucinogens ;)

Cloud20

Ah ah it's the early weekend, sorry I will post a room now.

[spoiler]
Enjoy this chess temple/forest underground
*Slighty modified :^_^:[/spoiler]

Anyway, I'm hoping that Grimlock buddy will continue his work of art, it's a nice, original, funny idea giving to rotw a new interest.

Jiffy

Bring it on chaps! You may need your Monacle for this one!!
[spoiler=This really is my Cup Of Tea]

Another spur of the moment Maridia room, my fellows! As you can see, this room is very blue. Blue I say! Samus will first enter this room, Suitless, through the bottom-most door. She soon realises that the upmost path is too high for her to reach, I say! Then, after Gravity Suit, she can head through the Right door, track down Draygon with spiffing Monacle skills and then collect Plasma Beam in the Left door![/spoiler]

That's all from me. Cheerio! o/

Quietus

Jefe: I like the room, but there was one very small thing I noticed.  You flipped the CRE bricks, changing where the highlights land, but didn't do the same with the metal girder thingamajigs.  It's only minor, but it looks inconsistent. :^_^:

Jiffy

Quote from: Quietus on November 21, 2014, 03:31:20 PM
Jefe: I like the room, but there was one very small thing I noticed.  You flipped the CRE bricks, changing where the highlights land, but didn't do the same with the metal girder thingamajigs.  It's only minor, but it looks inconsistent. :^_^:

Fear not, I say! The metal girders look no different when flipped. So there is no need for flipping. Unless you mean the parts that stick out of the bricks, then look closely. Flipping these my sir, will make the tiles look strange. Strange I say! As the shading is on the bottom, they would look terrible on the top.

Also, what is this rude talk? This word, "Thingamajigs"? I am disgraced! Learn to talk British! British I say!

personitis

Quote from: Jefe962 on November 21, 2014, 04:17:50 PMUnless you mean the parts that stick out of the bricks, then look closely. Flipping these my sir, will make the tiles look strange. Strange I say! As the shading is on the bottom, they would look terrible on the top.
Uhh, yeah. That's the problem with the bricks. The combination between the two like so doesn't even look good imo. Everything else about the room doesn't look bad though. Just some regular ol' Maridia with a slight Redesign feel to it thanks to the "light platforms."

Quietus

Quote from: Jefe962 on November 21, 2014, 04:17:50 PMThe metal girders look no different when flipped.
I'm referring to vertical flipping, and solely to the white highlight parts of the tiles.  Where you've flipped the brick tiles vertically, you have the highlights on the bottom of the tiles, but with the girders, they all have an identical orientation.  It seems that either the girders should match the bricks, or the bricks should all have the same orientation too. :^_^:

Quote from: Jefe962 on November 21, 2014, 04:17:50 PMAlso, what is this rude talk? This word, "Thingamajigs"? I am disgraced! Learn to talk British! British I say!
Now, with all of the accents and dialects here, you know as well as I do that talking / sounding British doesn't make any sense.  It's as bad as when somebody says that a person 'sounds American'.  Technically, I could type in Welsh, and it'd still be British, and even if you mean British English, there's still a tonne of variation. :heheh:

Alisa Orlova

Quietus

I liked Cloud's room, but it didn't have anything that stood out for me, so I've gone with Jefe 'cause that blue is super snazzy. :cool:

Grimlock

Cloud14 Master Champion:
Yes, a master... Chess master that is.  Undefeated!  As matter of fact he has single handedly crushed every opponent in less that 14 moves (cloud14)

That brings me to the purpose of this post: I've been asked to announce that we've all been invited for an exclusive webcam view of one of his matches IN PROGRESS RIGHT NOW!!!
[spoiler]
Cloud has bet his entire life savings, property, even the very shirt on his back on this match.  Man vs machine, Cloud is expected to obliterate his PC opponent, this could last for hours!

Lets see how it's going: 
[spoiler]
:whoa:
[/spoiler]

[/spoiler]

Jefe962 master of the game!
Yes, Jefe is a gaming master too!  :grin:  As a matter of fact Jefe has taken his vast life experience and poured it all into a fun little board game for the whole family.

[spoiler][/spoiler]

Due to last weeks misunderstanding I felt it appropriate to bring on some help. 

Meet Bob my new public relations manager: (Please direct all complaints to him)
[spoiler][/spoiler]

Grimlock

So my second place consolation prize came it today (from last week's competition), I picked it up at the doctors office today, apparently I have the flu AND strep at the same time woohoo  :neutral: .  So I guess the lesson here is don't end up in second!!! (I think Ebola is on the menu this week).

I voted for Cloud, because I've always been tempted to punch out the cheat'n ass PC chess opponent but didn't have the cash to replace the monitor. And I like the custom tiles too.  :nod:

Jefe, back to giving us the weekly blues. I have to give you credit for sticking in there every week.  Room of the week wouldn't be the same without our weekly Jeftroid submission.

Qactis

Jefe's room is just tasty. Lush as Grime would say

Cloud20

Quote from: Grimlock on November 24, 2014, 06:28:32 PM
Cloud14 Master Champion:
Yes, a master... Chess master that is.  Undefeated!  As matter of fact he has single handedly crushed every opponent in less that 14 moves (cloud14)

That brings me to the purpose of this post: I've been asked to announce that we've all been invited for an exclusive webcam view of one of his matches IN PROGRESS RIGHT NOW!!!
[spoiler]
Cloud has bet his entire life savings, property, even the very shirt on his back on this match.  Man vs machine, Cloud is expected to obliterate his PC opponent, this could last for hours!

Lets see how it's going: 
[spoiler]
:whoa:
[/spoiler]

Simply fantastic ! Great work  :^_^:, and also for Jefe's card game. Yeah Equinox will be entirely based on the concept of duality and chess, you catch it perfectly. Thanks Grimlock

PS : Please tell to Bob my congratulations for his new job  :lol: