News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

Room of the Week 2014 - Archives

Started by Quote58, April 19, 2012, 09:40:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

snarfblam

Kte

FullOfFail: I feel like I'm in one of Prime's fungal halls.  I recently replayed the game, so your timing may get you a vote, as the experiences are still fresh in my mind.  We'll see....

Jiffy

Screw it. That room is terrible. Let's make a new one, hmmm?
[spoiler=Fire Pit][/spoiler]

Quietus

Again, I'd mention randomisation.  In that room, you have all of the stacks of rocks (or whatever they are) facing the same way, and they look like they'd be fine if you were to flip some of them.

Grimlock

M1 MUST BE REPRESENTED!!!

Nestroiod hasn't won in a while SO IT'S TIME TO BRING OUT THE BIG GUNS!!!

I Present to you all, the GREATEST M1 room ever made:
[spoiler]
"The Grim Picker" :grin:

[/spoiler]

Yes, its a real room  :grin:
[spoiler]
(Samus is like JUST KILL ME PLEASE!!!)
[/spoiler]

SpoOkyMagician

Grimlock wins. :grin: :lol:

~ SpoOkyMagician

X-tradyte

No room can ever compare with such expertise as Grimlock's nosepicking.

FullOfFail

Hell... I might have to give you a free vote against myself here just because it's that interesting. Although it's clearly humorous, that's not what I see in it. I see the creativity and complicated tiling. Especially since it's for the NES.

Quietus

Oh, how childishly amusing.  FullofFail is listed as Fungus, and Grimlock has a room dealing with nose picking.  May I direct you to the Raymond Briggs masterful literature.

Fungus gets my vote, 'cause the room has that 'wanna be there' feel to it. :^_^:

Jiffy

BEWARE MY MINIONS AS I BRING AN EVENING OF RAGE AND ANGER TO YOUR DOORSTEP. BOLT YOUR DOORS, LOCK YOUR WINDOWS, SECURE YOUR ANGUSES AND LET THE JUDGING BEGIN!!!!111!11!!!!

[spoiler=Alisa Orlova Your Room]This room reminds me of the passages far up my nose. Snot! Snot everywhere! The level design is indeed quite the extraordinary as I may say so myself. However, THIS ROOM FILLS ME WITH HATRED OF YOUR ACTIONS STILL. I reckon this room could do with a fresh new background which scrolls away your faults. ALTHOUGH NOT BUBBLES. BUBBLES ARE NOT THE WAY TO GO. WHAT IF THEY POP? WE SHALL NEVER KNOW!!111!!!![/spoiler]
[spoiler=Full Of Fapastrophe]Stop stealing my Blue! My blue is a precious prize, only for Alisa, who wishes to win every RotW with the one tileset! But anyway, I DO HOPE YOU ARE NOT A SINGLE LADY, BECAUSE YOUR CRATERIA FILLER SHOULD NOT HAVE RINGS ON IT!!!111!1!! Instead you should make it more random. Another thing to note is them beautiful glowing Shrooms. THEY ARE AS BRIGHT AS MY SUBTLE UNDERAGE MIND!11!11!!!!!! Personally I think they should blend with the background more. UNLESS YOUR FAILTROIDS SUCKLE ON THEM LIKE A BABY BOTTLE!!!11!!!1!![/spoiler]
[spoiler=Grim Times For Your Room]Oh yes, Grim's room. YOU WILL HAVE A GRIM DAY AFTER I FINISH PICKING ON YOUR ROOM!!111!!!1 (Did you see what I did there? WHY ARE YOU NOT LAUGHING!!11!11!!!!11111!11!!!!!1!11!!) Your room reminds me of the anger I provoke. ONE EYE IS SMALLER THAN THE OTHER BECAUSE IT IS DISGUSTED WITH ITSELF!111!!!!!!11! I'd also like to point out that the chin is the most beautiful thing in this world. ALTHOUGH YOU COULD IMPROVE BY REMOVING MORE KEBAB AND BUBBLES!!1111!!!!!!![/SPOILER]
[spoiler=Oneself]The only real competitor in this quiet week. Do never disrespect the art form which include no bubbles whatsoever! The doors are the most beautiful thing ever, unlike all your Overage pie holes. GET ON MY LEVEL!!11!!!11!!!!!!![/spoiler]

Well, that concludes it this week. I am the winner. Of love and life. I shall always be so until this Smiley stops bouncing!  :bounce:

TheAnonymousUser

[spoiler=Alisa]
Quote from: TheAnonymousUser on November 14, 2014, 11:33:33 AM
Your foreground is still looking pretty neat. Although I still find the outline of the background a little off-putting.
This still stands[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Not blue]The rock colours are inconsistent, and I'm finding it really odd and off-putting.[/spoiler]

[spoiler=FullOfWin]!Voted!
My only problem is the over-saturation of the blue fungus, but the in-game screen makes me think otherwise. I'm also loving that layering.[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Grimrock]Just because I haven't voted for this room doesn't mean it's not a winner.[/spoiler]

Grimlock

Quote from: Quietus on November 18, 2014, 11:53:29 AM
Oh, how childishly amusing.  FullofFail is listed as Fungus, and Grimlock has a room dealing with nose picking.  May I direct you to the Raymond Briggs masterful literature.

Fungus gets my vote, 'cause the room has that 'wanna be there' feel to it. :^_^:

Is that why you decided not to "pick" my room?  :grin:
(Sorry, how could you expect me to resist such a genius play on words)

Retroo

Quote from: Jefe962 on November 18, 2014, 01:45:10 PM
BEWARE MY MINIONS AS I BRING AN EVENING OF RAGE AND ANGER TO YOUR DOORSTEP. BOLT YOUR DOORS, LOCK YOUR WINDOWS, SECURE YOUR ANGUSES AND LET THE JUDGING BEGIN!!!!111!11!!!!

[spoiler=Alisa Orlova Your Room]This room reminds me of the passages far up my nose. Snot! Snot everywhere! The level design is indeed quite the extraordinary as I may say so myself. However, THIS ROOM FILLS ME WITH HATRED OF YOUR ACTIONS STILL. I reckon this room could do with a fresh new background which scrolls away your faults. ALTHOUGH NOT BUBBLES. BUBBLES ARE NOT THE WAY TO GO. WHAT IF THEY POP? WE SHALL NEVER KNOW!!111!!!![/spoiler]
[spoiler=Full Of Fapastrophe]Stop stealing my Blue! My blue is a precious prize, only for Alisa, who wishes to win every RotW with the one tileset! But anyway, I DO HOPE YOU ARE NOT A SINGLE LADY, BECAUSE YOUR CRATERIA FILLER SHOULD NOT HAVE RINGS ON IT!!!111!1!! Instead you should make it more random. Another thing to note is them beautiful glowing Shrooms. THEY ARE AS BRIGHT AS MY SUBTLE UNDERAGE MIND!11!11!!!!!! Personally I think they should blend with the background more. UNLESS YOUR FAILTROIDS SUCKLE ON THEM LIKE A BABY BOTTLE!!!11!!!1!![/spoiler]
[spoiler=Grim Times For Your Room]Oh yes, Grim's room. YOU WILL HAVE A GRIM DAY AFTER I FINISH PICKING ON YOUR ROOM!!111!!!1 (Did you see what I did there? WHY ARE YOU NOT LAUGHING!!11!11!!!!11111!11!!!!!1!11!!) Your room reminds me of the anger I provoke. ONE EYE IS SMALLER THAN THE OTHER BECAUSE IT IS DISGUSTED WITH ITSELF!111!!!!!!11! I'd also like to point out that the chin is the most beautiful thing in this world. ALTHOUGH YOU COULD IMPROVE BY REMOVING MORE KEBAB AND BUBBLES!!1111!!!!!!![/SPOILER]
[spoiler=Oneself]The only real competitor in this quiet week. Do never disrespect the art form which include no bubbles whatsoever! The doors are the most beautiful thing ever, unlike all your Overage pie holes. GET ON MY LEVEL!!11!!!11!!!!!!![/spoiler]

Well, that concludes it this week. I am the winner. Of love and life. I shall always be so until this Smiley stops bouncing!  :bounce:

stop trying be mst please

Jiffy

Quote from: retroknuckles on November 18, 2014, 03:51:55 PM
Quote from: Jefe962 on November 18, 2014, 01:45:10 PM

stop trying be mst please

Who is this man? He is a thing of the past! Behold, the Jiffy Era!
[spoiler=Prepare Your Jiffylube][/spoiler]

personitis

Mst's ridiculousness is enough. More is too much. Be more original.

I'm voting Grimlock. I got a good chuckle out of the room and as far as my understanding of the Metroid engine goes, that looks like a bit of a feat itself.

SpoOkyMagician

@Alisa: I like the concept of the room. I am having a hard time understanding/visualizing what is/isn't solid in certain parts but, I am sure it works great in game. I think you scaled the games graphics up as well. Kinda throwing me off a bit as well. Good job though.
@Jefe: Pretty generic room/hall design. I think it could of used... something else/special... but as to what, I can't really say. Not bad though.
@FullOfFail: You used depth pretty well here. However, one thing bugs me. I don't think the dark blue cave tiles should be in front of the block tiles. They should be behind them. (It may take away some of the rooms effect but, it just doesn't look right to me. Otherwise, excellent job.
@Grimlock: As my previous post said: "You're Winner!" :lol: :grin:

~ SpoOkyMagician

Grimlock

WARNING:  Photoshop has malfunctioned and hijacked internet explorer, I can not take any responsibility for the following mental breakdown and/or lapse of reason.  Proceed at your own risk!!!

DR Jefe (Yep, Didn't you know? AND an author no less!!!)

[spoiler][/spoiler]

Mr Failed to legalize (But he's trying real hard guys, cut em some slack....)

[spoiler][/spoiler]

Alisa  Sorry people, the original "joke" was apparently causing vast quantities of tears so I replaced it with a different joke.
[spoiler][/spoiler]

I have to tell you guys, my room has developed quite a following....

[spoiler]

Since its unveiling people have been mass producing and distributing it all over the world!!!

A "Room Of The Week" support movement has started!!!  These people are marching on the capitol as you read this!!!  I don't know what'll happen if the picker is picked!!!  :whoa:

[/spoiler]

Quietus

That double eye / mouth lady makes you feel like you've gone cross-eyed for a second until you refocus. :whoa:

RealRed

Wow, Grimlock. This thread is your stand-up comedy.
props to you sir, your pictures gave me a good laugh.

Alisa Orlova

I regard attempt to compare my work with a shit as an insult. I don't care, joke it or not, i would prefer that his message was deleted.

Vismund Cygnus

I ended up thinking really hard about this but I did vote for Fof. The oversaturation in my opinion is what makes it stand out as really groovy and unique, almost like Samus is experiencing some kind of lucid dream.
That said, Grim's room is the winner of my heart. I just couldn't vote for what is probably the greatest joke room ever over what is a serious contender for Room of the Year IMO.
Jefe, your room is more bleh and please try to be original with your reviews. Mst's silliness is enough.
Alisa, your room is [REDACTED]

Cloud20

Quote from: Vismund Cygnus on November 19, 2014, 07:33:39 PM
But really, if Grimlock thinks your room is shit he has every right to call it such. It's called an opinion. I thought you didn't care what anyone here thought anyways?

I think it's something more humoristic than a real offensing judgment in my opinion. Indeed, Alisa's room looks like intestinal forms. So nothing really insulting here for me.

begrimed

My vote goes to Alisa, but all of my love goes to Grimlock.

personitis

Quote from: Alisa Orlova on November 19, 2014, 07:32:44 PM
I regard attempt to compare my work with a shit as an insult. I don't care, joke it or not, i would prefer that his message was deleted.
If you'd view the word "fecal" as "looks akin to poop" and not "looks like shit," I'm sure your day would end better as the whole point of Grimlock's post is for comedy. It's definitely easy to see where the idea comes from though with the colors you've used and the way some of the background structures are built.

However, if you still prefer to have a stick where the room supposedly comes from, so be it.

Dr.Fart

Quote from: Cloud14 on November 19, 2014, 07:56:00 PM
Quote from: Vismund Cygnus on November 19, 2014, 07:33:39 PM
But really, if Grimlock thinks your room is shit he has every right to call it such. It's called an opinion. I thought you didn't care what anyone here thought anyways?

I think it's something more humoristic than a real offensing judgment in my opinion. Indeed, Alisa's room looks like intestinal forms. So nothing really insulting here for me.

I must agree here, as that is truly a work of art. I myself am writting a book about intestines for research purposes and can't stop thinking about how much better it would look if I could illustrate the magnificence of the human body as beautifully as she does.

Dear Alisa Orlova, would you like to help me with my book illustrations ? I am willing to pay you for that.