News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

Room of the Week 2014 - Archives

Started by Quote58, April 19, 2012, 09:40:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quietus

I won't say too much, as it's a case of 'the beautiful palette strikes again', but for me the room seems tainted by the inclusion of the pipes.  They add nothing to the room, seem completely superfluous, and ruin what would otherwise be a great, natural room. :neutral:

Alisa Orlova

But it's not so matter as the fact that you're deceived my expectations!  :cry: It's the end of the world year as we know it! And of course the final voting is imminent! So, where is your best rooM!? Someone should try to beat Webb16's room, and i hope it will be you! And of course without feedback it's just a junkpost! So...

"V" More than nothing but less than something. As you say: "not my best room". But any way, I'm actually glad that you do not use this stupid water reflection trick in every room.
"J" Sometimes you better read 701's messages. Re-fu**ing-design. And borrowed materials in every room.  :mad:

Before the New Year remained 8 days 8 hours and 5 minutes!!! My love to everyone! Except Grimlock...don't like him.  :<_<:
[spoiler]I like you  :heheh:[/spoiler]

Zhs2

Quietus

Nothing stand-out for me again this week, so I'm voting for Vismund as it just tickled my fancy - likely because of the lovely palette. :^_^:

Vismund Cygnus

I might add again that the only reason I entered a room this week is so that the competition didn't roll over into the new year. That said I'm not unhappy with the room I entered.
Jefe: the sand running into the black filler looks wrong, mainly because it looks like it should be "empty" so to speak. You should also try changing up the CRE palette so it suits the rest oc the palette better

Grimlock

Quote from: Alisa Orlova on December 23, 2014, 07:56:27 AM
Before the New Year remained 8 days 8 hours and 5 minutes!!! My love to everyone! Except Grimlock...don't like him.  :<_<:
[spoiler]I like you  :heheh:[/spoiler]

[spoiler]

Say Whaaaaaaaat?

[spoiler]
Yay, I'm hate-liked, hate to like?  Like to hate?  You made your avatar smile....  :grin:
[/spoiler][/spoiler]

Sorry, time is too limited right now to commence with normal Photoshop Grimilization activities.  I started but decided it would be more fun to go watch "Interstellar" in IMAX today... (awesome movie BTW).  Anyway I voted for "V", although "J"s room would have been awesome to Photoshop  :grin:

MetroidMst

You cannot even fathom the depths to which I am willing to go.

[spoiler][/spoiler]

Charmander106

Hello this is a room my brother and I worked on and I think it looks awesome, but you be the judges of that.

[spoiler=TheWebberBroCollaboration][/spoiler]

Retroo

Quote from: Charmander106 on December 27, 2014, 02:19:20 PM
Hello this is a room my brother and I worked on and I think it looks awesome, but you be the judges of that.

Still the best super metroid designer

Quietus

Quote from: retroknuckles on December 27, 2014, 05:16:34 PMStill the best super metroid designer
This.  Gorgeous, as always. :wub:

Qactis

Quote from: Charmander106 on December 27, 2014, 02:19:20 PM

[spoiler][/spoiler]

Smiley

Ectoplasm all over the place

Digital_Mantra

[spoiler][/spoiler]
I might have loved your room a bit too much. That is the best room I've ever seen. That is the best room ever made.

Jiffy

[spoiler=Too Bad I Farted On Your Silly Mistake Of A Room][/spoiler]

Jordan5

As you get to the top of he shaft and go either left or right, you will see into the red scroll slightly, thus revealing the lack of filler tiles. You may want to go look at that :wink:

Jiffy

Quote from: Jordan5 on December 28, 2014, 03:25:08 PM
As you get to the top of he shaft and go either left or right, you will see into the red scroll slightly, thus revealing the lack of filler tiles. You may want to go look at that :wink:

Oh, don't worry. This is only a room to show off the tileset. You'll never see it in game. Thanks for notifying me anyway.  :^_^: :portal:

Vismund Cygnus

So if it's not made for in game purposes, why bother making it look so unfinished?

MetroidMst

Those vines look very out of place in a lot of those locations. Some of them look pretty good, but most look like someone MSPaint'd little turds on there.