News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

Talk of the Day

Started by squishy_ichigo, May 15, 2009, 11:01:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JAM

XavierSMRH, person701, Crashtour99

Thanks to you too, guys =)
I really wanted to finish one of my patches before my birthday, but had late already and understood that in a week before birthday... So, finished, optimized and tested product is better than incomplete, raw and untested (but posted in the right time), IMHO

And yes, person701, there was a jam inside cake =)

X-tradyte

Ehh, I  think i'm stumped on this, Am I suppose to have gone suitless underwater? cuase if so, I fraked up. I have ice beam and the high jump is like normal, so you need space jump to get though the other spots, :L Quietus probably either cheated or did the original game, or somehow made it past this.

EDIT: I got it, Heres what you gotta do: [spoiler]Wait for one of the fire thingys to follow you and freeze it and walljump off it. Take note that you need to know mockball and you need to get early Ice.[/spoiler]

Early Wave Beam helps alot too....

Quietus

Quote from: DarkSamus on March 16, 2011, 04:17:36 PMQuietus probably either cheated or did the original game
:FURY:

I pretty much did the run in the normal order, with the exception of ensuring I had Grapple before heading to the Wrecked Ship for an easier ride.  There were no fancy sequence breaks or differences in the order of items collected.  A mix of wall-jumps, Frozen enemies (only in the usual spots like Red Brinstar), and a few IBJ's were all that was required.

X-tradyte

I'm trying to do Green gate glitch to get grapple, also, Oh...maybe becuase I have PB's i can do suit less marida?

Quietus

I recorded my whole run last night, and I'll start creating .avi's and uploading them (for the heretical non-believers! :razz:) tonight!

DS: While I'm not saying it's possible, there are no seriously difficult tricks necessary to finish the game.

X-tradyte

I know, I was stupid to think that, all i need to do now, is enter the wrecked ship, with a speed boost. and then i'm home free for marida.

Fe

Well, this is just getting easier and easier..... the prize money has been reduced to $1, considering that several people are going to beat it now, otherwise I'd be broke by the end of this.

I've gotten to Maridia, its looking almost like a normal run. No varialess Norfair, no gravityless Maridia..... I'll probably finish it today at my current rate. I guess I can believe you now, Quietus. Sorry for doubtin' ya man.

X-tradyte

Try doing 5C!  :noes: Its WAY harder You need to IBJ and IWJ the whole game.

squishy_ichigo

* squishy_ichigo finally gets this down in digital form

:3

Anyone who can understand what this is can understand it's implications I hope.

X-tradyte

Already saw it on IRC :) Its cool, I like it.

zephyrtronium

ᚺᛄᚹ, ᚦᛄᚺᛠ ᛕᚺᛄᛞ

Fe

:O_o: I don't speak Hawaiian....

And neither does Google Translate!  :lol:

X-tradyte

Man, google translate is shit. It never works.

Fe

It works, but Hawaiian fucks it up. Just don't try to translate huge pieces of text... it fails with that.

Anyway, tried 5C, its impossible. Almost literally. I'm not even trying that one....

X-tradyte

Lol, Wow.  What about 4C? I'm tring to enter WS on 3C but my beam and me hit the door in 795FF at the same time, I should see something.

Lunaria

That looks more like norse/swedish rune writing then anything, squishy.

Quietus

Quote from: XavierSMRH on March 17, 2011, 03:27:37 PMI guess I can believe you now, Quietus. Sorry for doubtin' ya man.
I had already begun uploading the videos, so I thought I may as well finish.

Anybody interested can see the run here.  Item collection rate is 100%, and the clear time is 1:19. :^_^:

squishy_ichigo

I was bored sooooo....
For anyone who might have been interested in what all 256 combinations where.

[spoiler=base256][/spoiler]

edit: replaced image with a better one for added clarity

snarfblam

Squish, I understand the symbols, but the implications are lost on me.

Lunaria

So in other words, this is just a fancy looking 256 base number system?

Fe

Quote from: Quietus on March 18, 2011, 04:29:00 PM
Item collection rate is 100%, and the clear time is 1:19. :^_^:
:whoa: Whoa, didn't see that coming... not even a TAS, either. I must suck a lot worse then I thought. Well, if that was so damn easy (you certainly made it look that way), than how 'bout you try 5C, huh?

Quietus

My guess is that any higher than the 3C you tried is almost impossible.  When you enter the room just before Spazer, you can only just catch the ledge with 3C, and I suspect that you'd just get stuck there with it set any higher.

personitis

Just got back from a friendly football game with the guys. I'm wore to hell but had a blast. A little bruised too. Also, SPRING BREAK!!! ^-^

JAM

Quote from: XavierSMRH on March 17, 2011, 03:27:37 PM
Well, this is just getting easier and easier..... the prize money has been reduced to $1, considering that several people are going to beat it now, otherwise I'd be broke by the end of this.
I'm in game too =) It's a fun challenge for me.
I'll upload my full run when it'll be finished.

It can be played with original ROM and cheat code that will change gravity. The code is 909EA23C which meaning "change value at $90:9EA2 to 3C".

And there are reciprocal challenge to you. Try to play a hack called Nightmare (the latest version).

Challenges are:
1. Beat Ceres Ridley without using saves (hardest one. But it's possible);
2. Beat the game;
3. Do it with 100%;
4. Under 9 hours;

It's 4 in 1 =)

Quote from: Quietus on March 18, 2011, 06:28:35 PM
My guess is that any higher than the 3C you tried is almost impossible.  When you enter the room just before Spazer, you can only just catch the ledge with 3C, and I suspect that you'd just get stuck there with it set any higher.
I'd say, passing the game with values over 40 are completly impossible, but for another reason: Ceres. You just can't escape if gravity is too high. And there aren't bombs to perform IBJ.

Quote from: Quietus on March 18, 2011, 04:29:00 PM
here.  Item collection rate is 100%, and the clear time is 1:19. :^_^:
Can I request the SMV or ZMV file (or files)? It's too long to download that using dial-up

X-tradyte

:O I just shat my pants. He Rescued the animals, in under 1:20 with 100%.  I just watched them all. I missed Jathys but who gives a frak? (not that I didn't want to see him but...) Good job Quietus. I really liked it. your talented with IBj and Short charge. I can't even get those Diagonal Shinesparks.