News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

Hyper Metroid

Started by RealRed, April 17, 2015, 11:59:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dstryr712

Quote from: IidoTheFox on April 22, 2015, 01:19:06 AM
Quote from: dstryr712 on April 22, 2015, 12:57:31 AM
How do you open the grey door in [spoiler]Norfair, bottom right, inside the dragon's mouth? I'm just looking for unopened gates now, so I don't think i have to beat anything else... unless it opens from the other side? :/[/spoiler]

[spoiler]It only opens from the other side, yes. You'll come through it later on.[/spoiler]

just did! [spoiler]So fast I didn't have time to care much about it in the moment, lol. Thanks![/spoiler]

Quote from: Lucky Dearly on April 22, 2015, 10:16:43 PM
hey all, awesome hack for sure though one thing I do need to ask

[spoiler] still have this lock to unlock though I haven't found a way to get to it.[/spoiler]

this might be a little too obvious a clue, read at your own risk..
[spoiler]You'll enter the gate room from the right.. hope that helps just enough :)[/spoiler]

Quote from: DSO on April 22, 2015, 08:55:48 AM
Well, I've taken the map Digital Mantra created and counted the explorable screens for each area. The results are:

Hyper Metroid:
Ceres:   22
Crateria: 373
Brinstar: 450
WS: 159
Norfair: 586
Maridia: 460
Tourian: 190
Total: 2240

Based on this you've just edged out Super Zero Mission for second largest hack by a mere 14 screens. (Third if you want to take old Redesign and Axiel as two seperate hacks)

What map are you talking about using? I'd love to see a map for this hack if one exists yet... thanks!

RT-55J

7:13 86%

Well done, my good sir. This hack is a keeper.

Digital_Mantra

Quote from: dstryr712 on April 22, 2015, 10:42:40 PM
What map are you talking about using? I'd love to see a map for this hack if one exists yet... thanks!

This is also an item map, so if you're still playing your first run try not to spoil it for yourself.
[spoiler][/spoiler]

SpoOkyMagician

I am stuck but I am sure I am just missing something... (I looked at all the obvious places on the map.) For me to continue anywhere, I need either, speed boost, gravity, or power bombs... Help?

Edit: I did find GT but I can't kill him yet...

~ SpoOkyMagician

SirAileron

Hah! That last energy tank I was looking for... I x-rayed quite literally everywhere except that one spot that would have revealed its location. Go figure. xD

SpoOkyMagician

Well, I managed to beat GT with save states... However, I need power bombs to go though that one door... I am clearly missing something somewhere... It has to be hidden... Hmm... :pwuh:

~ SpoOkyMagician

Lucky Dearly

Quote from: MetroidMst on April 22, 2015, 10:25:57 PM
[spoiler=Lucky]Try looking for suspicious bubbles[/spoiler]

Thanks, found it. Now to go toward Tourian

SpoOkyMagician

[spoiler]Didn't want to but I looked at the rendered map. Seems I have to get gravity? I don't see this being done any other way. Failed at Ridley without gravity. (Yes, I got to him without gravity/power bombs. Don't recommend that...)[/spoiler]

~ SpoOkyMagician

IidoTheFox

Quote from: SpoOkyMagician on April 23, 2015, 01:54:34 AM
Well, I managed to beat GT with save states... However, I need power bombs to go though that one door... I am clearly missing something somewhere... It has to be hidden... Hmm... :pwuh:

~ SpoOkyMagician

[spoiler]You need to defeat Kraid if you haven't yet.[/spoiler]

SpoOkyMagician

Yeah I have. I just got gravity suit and I have been exploring a bit. Still need power bombs. However, I will take a look around there once I get out of Maridia. Thanks.

[spoiler]Edit: It seems I have to beat Ridley before getting power bombs? (Speed Booster Path to power bombs is the only one I know of.) I don't see any other way. I been to all PB locations. :neutral: Well, let's see if I can beat Ridley...

Edit: Nope... I need plasma or I am screwed...
[/spoiler]

Edit: Well, I'll continue tomorrow. (Time for sleep.) However, I want to give my thoughts. They may sound a bit harsh but, I still want to say them.

The Bad
[spoiler]
1: Dislike the boss speed/health. Too fast/too much for me. I would suggest making them a bit slower/lower... (One or the other. Not both.)
2: Item Locations seriously need to adjusted. I had to IBJ to find supers... I am not sure if they are considered 'the first' or not but, I would like them to be more obvious locations like after a boss and such. (Unless my path taken went seriously wrong.)
[/spoiler]

The Good
[spoiler]
1: Room Designs were perfect. Excellent job.
2: Layout (in general. I still think they need to be adjusted.) of items/paths is pretty good. I am (for the most part) enjoy it. I am somewhat confused at times but exploration is part of the game. However, keep it not as obvious and you will have the player running around in circles... (Like I am.)
[/spoiler]

~ SpoOkyMagician

Black Falcon

6:12 87% animals saved.

A lot of time was spent on exploration and looking for gates, and while doing so, I couldn't help but stop frequently, looking at those superb graphics.
Hardest bosses for me were Ridley and Torizo, but I managed to gear up and defeat them in the end
(yes, I had spazer already at the time, but due to my amazing skills it still took forever and a day...).
TBH there's I have nothing else to complain about really, except for morph ball being a boulder, from the sound of it.  :heheh:
PB's fluid physics made it seem almost like parkour running, loved it.
The map design was intuitive with hardly any dead ends, every room is somehow connected, giving you multiple paths to go so you never get lost.
All in all very high-quality hack in every aspect, probably the best I've played yet.

Congrats on a job well done!

[spoiler=P.S.]
I found IT, and Dman was there, too.  :wink:
[/spoiler]

Cpt.Glitch

@Spooky [spoiler] PBs are in maridia, after Botwoon. Gravity is in maridia as well. I believe the craterian entrance i the way to gravity. After that go through a new WS entrance that you can now get to and you should be good from there.[/spoiler]

NARFNra

@Spooky
[spoiler]I found my first supers in Norfair after going to the Wrecked Ship. It took a while, and I can understand how people wouldn't have expected to leave Brinstar so early, but I never had to do IBJ.[/spoiler]

As for Power Bombs... for those who still can't find Botwoon,

[spoiler] There's a secret passage from the right side of Maridia that leads into the central section...[/spoiler]

SpoOkyMagician

[spoiler]
I don't see this secret passage anywhere... (not even the map is helping me.) I found one place but it's sandy and pushes me back down... Unless you mean the gate 15 path? I haven't found how to open that yet. But seriously, do I have to kill Ridley before Draygon/Botwoon? That is the only way I can see it being done since speed booster is behind him. If so, GG. I can't beat him. (240 ammo.)
[/spoiler]

~ SpoOkyMagician

MetroidMst

[spoiler=Spooky]The answer to your question is sort of. Ridley needs to be defeated for only one of those bosses.[/spoiler]

SpoOkyMagician

[spoiler]I cannot find botwoon. I am literally looking at the map DM made/rendered and all the paths to the center of maridia are either locked, PB doors, or inaccessible. I don't see myself beating Ridley because supers didn't even take half this health, missiles barely seem to do anything, and without plasma/PB, i don't see myself defeating him.

FYI: I killed Spore Spawn, Kraid, Crocomire, and Phantoon.[/spoiler]

~ SpoOkyMagician

Technomagus

Quote from: SpoOkyMagician on April 23, 2015, 01:37:47 PM
[spoiler]I cannot find botwoon. I am literally looking at the map DM made/rendered and all the paths to the center of maridia are either locked, PB doors, or inaccessible. I don't see myself beating Ridley because supers didn't even take half this health, missiles barely seem to do anything, and without plasma/PB, i don't see myself defeating him.

FYI: I killed Spore Spawn, Kraid, Crocomire, and Phantoon.[/spoiler]

~ SpoOkyMagician

[spoiler]There's a missile in a suspiciously unique tileset in eastern/central Maridia you should have a closer look at.[/spoiler]

SpoOkyMagician

:evilno: I found it... thanks...

~ SpoOkyMagician

Purazis

[spoiler]It's really fun knowing some items locations. After checking for reference points on where i should IBJ on another save file with space jump, i've decided to do this because why not. Super Missile was easier than i thought, got on 2nd try because i was a bit more to the left than i should have and got stuck below the platform by a few pixels.

[/spoiler]

SpoOkyMagician

[spoiler]
Wow... That was one hell of an escape! :grin: Pretty fun though. :)

Time: 9:33
Percent: 82%
[/spoiler]

~ SpoOkyMagician

squishy_ichigo

Been working on a route, not as good as DMan yet at running, but I just got 1:22 IGT, which isn't TOOOOO bad.

I'm still having ALOT of trouble with Draygon. :S  Ridley kicked my ass more this playthrough than he has in some of my other runs, and after I beat him finally, I then go on to go the wrong way for my route, so I have to reload and fight him all over. @_@

No where near good enough for single segment yet, but hoping I get there sooner or later, I really enjoy playing Hyper, even if some of the bosses are a bit stupid hard during a speedrun.

[spoiler=current route]missile -> morph -> bombs -> charge -> hijump -> spazer -> wave -> gravity -> supers -> varia -> pbs -> plasma -> spring -> speedbooster -> spacejump -> ice -> screw attack

Can probably move wave after grav, not sure how hard maridia gauntlet is gonna be without it though, also, can probably skip a few gates until later, when I come back around to cleanup the area, with better gear, to get them faster?  Currently cleaning up gates as:

Norfair (skipping ice gate) -> Brinstar -> Crateria -> WS -> Maridia -> Norfair (ice gate) -> tourian[/spoiler]

RealRed

squishy_ichigo: Sounds exactly like my route! I'm saved at Draygon with 00:55 and 23%. Gonna finish up soon.
[spoiler=Details]It might just be faster to move Wave after Gravity, since Spazer cleans up fairly nicely by itself in Maridia. Maybe.

Are you taking Plasma beam to Ridley? I actually ran out of ammo at gate 14 on the way out of maridia, so I went back there to save before Ridley, lol. Closer/safer than the alternative, I think. If you have S+P though, Ridley shouldn't be too tough, he didn't give me the dead. Try using your moonboots to evade his swoops, it makes a huge difference.

Is it worth it to grab screw attack after the shitroid?[/spoiler]

Dessyreqt

Halp I'm stuck

[spoiler][/spoiler]

Digital_Mantra

Quote from: Dessyreqt on April 23, 2015, 11:10:33 PM
Halp I'm stuck

[spoiler][/spoiler]

Did you somehow bypass the closing gate?

Dessyreqt

nvm I figured out how to get out

[spoiler]
[/spoiler]