News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

Super Metroid Escape2

Started by FullOfFail, May 26, 2014, 08:53:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DonnyDonovan

Boss rush -- [spoiler]In the lower part of Tourian you can access a boss rush.  You take a path to the right where there's a ?.  Once you commit to it you can't go back.  Some of the bosses are very easy and some are noticeably tougher.  I don't know if you need to have opened the ES doors to access it or not.[/spoiler]

bot01

Quote from: Nakuul on June 24, 2014, 07:15:37 PM
I've tried both ZSnes and Snes9x now and I am still having the issue with the boss room of the Secret Area.  It freezes the game in Snes9x, and the room is full of solid tiles in ZSnes.

Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Im having this ^ exact problem. haven't test on snesx9 yet tough, it's very laggy for me. 

is there any solution for this bug? im really enjoing this hack, thx!.

ianfrombristol

Quote from: DonnyDonovan on July 02, 2014, 09:56:32 PM
Boss rush -- [spoiler]In the lower part of Tourian you can access a boss rush.  You take a path to the right where there's a ?.  Once you commit to it you can't go back.  Some of the bosses are very easy and some are noticeably tougher.  I don't know if you need to have opened the ES doors to access it or not.[/spoiler]

Thanks.  I found it.  They made some of the weaker bosses harder by putting them in a more 'challenging' environment  :O_o:

Edit: On the home straight now (on my way, I think to my final boss battle as part of the escape sequence), however I'm stuck on a shinespark that requires me to avoid some obstacles.  I need to go up to avoid a protruding platform and then down to avoid an inverted platform (like a stalactite), however, pressing down when shinesparking only makes me morphball - so how do I go down?

Edit2: I am soooooo dumb it's embarrassing  :blush: :blush: :blush:

Completed with 85% item collection (we won't mention the time  :=x:)

Digital_Mantra

Beat it this morning, here are my thoughts:

That boss rush was mental, I didn't enjoy it but I persevered. Long escapes are boring (that's just my opinion).
General planet level design was brilliant, well structured, and I love this guys hidden passages. Map tiles were amazing.
A little pissed that the secret area for me froze at the boss room, so I never knew what item I could get.
Controllable shinesparking was incredible, the implications of this being in more hacks opens up many avenues for puzzles and general awesomeness.

In conclusion, if all perma-stucks (found several) and game freeze bugs were fixed, maybe some palettes, and maybe some boss health in that fucking rush,
this could be a top tier hack, one of the best so far in 2014. It was a bittersweet hack. Loved it and hated it. For the most part, loved it.

M1CR0H4CK3R

I updated the patch DMan. The Boss Room should work now. Everyone check this post for the updated patch, and download the attachment.

Plutia

[spoiler]
[/spoiler]
How the hell do I get this? The blocks that are in the way are speed booster blocks, and there doesn't seem to be any way to get a speedboost inside the room, and due to the power bomb blocks, I can't bring one from outside.

Edit: Turns out you can powerbomb while shinesparking.

EDIT THE AGAIN: I MADE SHITTY MAPS WHICH ARE ALL PRE-ESCAPE BUT SINCE ALL ITEMS ARE MARKED BY A SPOT YOU CAN TELL WHERE EVERYTHING IS PROBABLY

Landing Site
[spoiler]
Note that the lower dot in the upper-right bigass room marks two expansions instead of one![/spoiler]

Nature Caves
[spoiler][/spoiler]

Spospo Ruins
[spoiler]
Arrow marks the way to get into the lower section of the ruins, bordering red line separates upper from lower[/spoiler]

Fearful Lab
[spoiler][/spoiler]

Water Maze
[spoiler][/spoiler]

Sector S
[spoiler]
[/spoiler]

danidub

A good game and a good graphical challenge:  [spoiler]........ E S C A P E   II   complete map[/spoiler]

Vismund Cygnus

Quote from: danidub on July 27, 2014, 04:06:10 PM
A good game and a good graphical challenge:  [spoiler]........ E S C A P E   II   complete map[/spoiler]
Holy shit this will be useful. How do you make these maps, anyway? Just a lot of time and effort, or some kind of magic too?

danidub

Quote from: Vismund Cygnus on July 28, 2014, 04:14:14 AM
Holy shit this will be useful. How do you make these maps, anyway? Just a lot of time and effort, or some kind of magic too?
With Smile, Photoshop, about 2 weeks of free time and a lot of passion for imaginative variations of SM.

Vismund Cygnus

Quote from: danidub on July 28, 2014, 08:12:44 AM
With Smile, Photoshop, about 2 weeks of free time and a lot of passion for imaginative variations of SM.
Well, I'm impressed. Keep up the good work, as always.  :^_^:

Quietus

All of the lines across the map make me think that perhaps the hack's layout is something only possible when seen through Escher's eyes. :^_^:

danidub

Quote from: Quietus on July 28, 2014, 11:08:10 AM
All of the lines across the map make me think that perhaps the hack's layout is something only possible when seen through Escher's eyes. :^_^:
Samus by Escher  :O_o:

ianfrombristol

Quote from: danidub on July 28, 2014, 08:12:44 AM

Thanks for these maps.  They've got me out of a fix on a number of occasions  :yay:

danidub

Quote from: ianfrombristol on July 28, 2014, 01:11:25 PM
Thanks for these maps.  They've got me out of a fix on a number of occasions  :yay:
It's my contribution to this community. Some make games, me I make maps.  :yay:

bot01

Quote from: danidub on July 27, 2014, 04:06:10 PM

OMG the level of detail of that map is incredible

danidub

Quote from: bot01 on July 28, 2014, 04:59:14 PM
OMG the level of detail of that map is incredible
There are more than 30 maps like this on Map Station

Lucky Dearly

this is a pretty cool hack. I do have one question, how do I get to Draygon in the Water maze? I found a few gray doors which would lead to Draygon (one leading out of Draygon's lair)

I also found what appears to be a powerbomb gate switch above a gray door in the water maze. Is there a way to unlock it?

Smiley

Quote from: Lucky Dearly on August 01, 2014, 10:25:45 PM
I found a few gray doors which would lead to Draygon (one leading out of Draygon's lair)
Look around in this room.

I also found what appears to be a powerbomb gate switch above a gray door in the water maze. Is there a way to unlock it?
If you're talking about what I think you're talking about, you open that door from the other side.

Lucky Dearly

Quote from: SMILEuser96 on August 02, 2014, 06:44:25 AM
I found a few gray doors which would lead to Draygon (one leading out of Draygon's lair)
Look around in this room.

If you're talking about what I think you're talking about, you open that door from the other side.

Thanks for the tip, finally got Draygon and gained the Springball.

Qactis

9:48 with 96%, aka 215/250 missiles. Couldn't be @$$3d going to get the rest/finding the ones I missed.

Thoughts
[spoiler]Big immersive environments, good palettes, although I'm all blue'd out now. Loved the boss palettes. The shinesparking puzzles were awesome, EXCEPT for the super missile by the grapple (which required a potential game-crashing shinespark trick, and a similar situation with a missile bottom left of lower sposbo ruins. The first half of the game had extremely bland level design. Flat surfaces and straight rock walls everywhere I looked. The lack of tile variation didn't help either. The open ended'ness of the game led to the first section (pre-shinespark) difficult to figure out, though after that it was pretty much cake. All in all, the clever design ideas, and puzzles are what kept me enjoying this game all the way through.[/spoiler]

GoldenTorizo

Wow, I am lost. I can't even find my first missile tank.

Never mind, found it...

Gotta learn to stop using turbo mode in this game.  :lol:

I say this hack has what it takes to be Hack of 2014.

Rothlenar

So...
[spoiler]Who else found the broken version of the Wave Beam?[/spoiler]

Technomagus

Quote from: Rothlenar on August 15, 2014, 02:16:10 PM
So...

You mean there's a different one? </sarcasm>
I make sure to get the "fun" Wave Beam every run, even if it does do weird things when turned off.  Unfortunately, for some reason the bonus boss in the secret area does not work correctly on my version of zSNES, causing the room to be filled with garbage tiles (upper two tiles of a Power Bomb door, to be specific) and locking Samus in place.  Thankfully, SNES9x does not have this problem, except for the fact that I hate using it.

M1CR0H4CK3R

Quote from: Technomagus on October 08, 2014, 09:34:33 AM
Quote from: Rothlenar on August 15, 2014, 02:16:10 PM
So...

You mean there's a different one? </sarcasm>
I make sure to get the "fun" Wave Beam every run, even if it does do weird things when turned off.  Unfortunately, for some reason the bonus boss in the secret area does not work correctly on my version of zSNES, causing the room to be filled with garbage tiles (upper two tiles of a Power Bomb door, to be specific) and locking Samus in place.  Thankfully, SNES9x does not have this problem, except for the fact that I hate using it.

Make sure you're using my updated patch.

Quote from: M1CR0H4CK3R on July 07, 2014, 03:33:48 PM
I updated the patch DMan. The Boss Room should work now. Everyone check this post for the updated patch, and download the attachment.