News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

Metroid Mission Rescue Version 2.5

Started by Mettyk25jigsaw, August 16, 2015, 08:47:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mettyk25jigsaw

OK thanks, that makes it nice and easy to fix. Will put up a fixed version tonight.

Mettyk25jigsaw

New Final version out, will only be releasing versions from now on where bugs like this one appears in game. May never actually be one if we are lucky. Fingers crossed.

Updated version 2.45 easy---fixed bug in base zero room where plm door was wrong ID. I must have accidentally changed it prior to previous release...Normal/hard version is fine.

Aran;Jaeger

Aran;Jaeger

The Normal version 2.3, as one can find in the description of the video.

Blade

kind of obvious that there had to be some kind of sequence break in tourian in order to beat this hack quickly^^
Good job with that tas. But I wonder how long it would take if you still need to unlock all doors for tourian, cause how long this hack is.

But I still dislike the escape, suddenly the leveldesign were really messy compared to the rest

Mettyk25jigsaw

Yeah it was stupid of me to make tourian and the escape sequence early on in the game design since this was my first attempt at designing my first game/hack of any kind, I regret it and totally agree that the escape and tourian could be a lot better, although I really like the idea of adding the idea to tourian late in the game with the ability to literally save the Metroid since my hack is called Mission rescue. I guess a lot of people would like that part, I hope.

EDIT: I won't be making the same mistake in Metroid Blackhawk Indi, my 2nd hack, yes it's had another name change, I have taken the 'Super' off before Metroid, it was just too long a name. it's coming along in leaps and bounds but Still won't be ready for yonks and yonks yet, Guessed release year of 2030 to 2033, I'm just busy on other things now compared to MMR. Planning to make MBHI to reach quadruple figures in rooms, maybe.

Blade

Good luck with that, but I'am sure you manage that.

For your first hack this was really good, I mean, it's the biggest hack out there with 3 different  difficulties and new HUD etc., so props to you.
And I had fun playing it, just the escape was meh, but you can learn from such things for your next one^^

Mettyk25jigsaw

Thanks for your encouragement Blade, it means a lot to me. Glad you like MMR so much.

PHOSPHOTiDYL

Snes9xtyl mecm mod 171023 is now capable of running this @ full speed 60fps.
MMR was the only one that would crash loading the SPC @ the nintendo logo.
                                                                                            :lol: :lol: :lol:

Mettyk25jigsaw

@PHOSPHOTiDYL

What is emulator Snes9xtyl mecm mod 171023, is this an emulator that runs on a different OS to windows perhaps?

I've asked this even though I know you are talking about an snes9x emulator I just want to know the difference with the rest of it's name... :grin:

PHOSPHOTiDYL

Yes this would be for the psp. MMR also runs on snex9x+ for android, but carrying a psp is easier than a gamepad...

Mettyk25jigsaw

Updated Version 2.5  easy only---Many new features, but because it has been so long since I finished this version and the time I took to release it, I can only limitly update you on these new features from the top of my head....

...Proper Grapple beam doors
   New title screen
   fixed some minor bugs
   changed from exlorom to lorom, yes a huge task that was and it fit....
   white doors are now any beam doors
   hex tweak---found by DS0---saving processing power---faster
   so many other awesome features that I cannot remember since I never decided to release it to the public over this website for
   such a long time, but this is a major update, exciting new features are included among the forgotten I am sure....

Version 2.5 Easy Mode...

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1OXpT3f-brnTv5L1DdFnnZer0aZ7Fr4mw

Link also available on first post of this topic...Happy days...

DonnyDonovan

Mettyk25jigsaw

Unfortunately not, I wish I had the patience to redo it.

Sapphron

forgot to post this, but did this about 2 weeks ago.
took me 33 1/2 hours real-time (normal mode, not easy)

Mettyk25jigsaw

Glad to see someone has played it that thoroughly to get 100%, Well done!

Immorpher

33 hours! If someone has played this that long it must be good. Downloading it!

extremesax

I played "normal" and "hard" of this mod
They were so much fun
I aim to clear the game within "normal" within 8 hours
Thanks, Mettyk25jigsaw

Aran;Jaeger

extremesax I just read you are planning to finish Mission Rescue within short time. In this case let me link you a speedrun by Galamoz of the hack (I think it was the Normal or Easy mode, not quite sure what version but it should be the latest) using the route that I developed for speedruns of the hack: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/171614587

extremesax

Aran; Jaeger, thank you for your reply
I am talking while using a translator
I'm sorry if I can't speak well

Thanks for sharing the video
I was surprised that the game was cleared in a very short time
I watched this video a little
I was impressed with how to get "Power Bomb"
I will refer to this

Mettyk25jigsaw

Quote from: extremesax on February 27, 2020, 08:14:12 PM
I played "normal" and "hard" of this mod
They were so much fun
I aim to clear the game within "normal" within 8 hours
Thanks, Mettyk25jigsaw

Your welcome, it's nice to see some people are still enjoying this hack of mine, haven't had a reply for a while on this. Just wish the ending sequence wasn't done towards the beginning of the design of it when I wasn't too experienced yet, do not know what I was thinking. Maybe and hopefully one day, I will focus on revamping the ending sequence including the entire world of smachoghr/tourian.

Badsy_Edgecat

wanted to like it, to be honest, but i have to say, the level design is like, really strange, and also i got softlocked in that first missile-bouncing puzzle.