News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

Metroid: Desolation

Started by jasinchen, March 20, 2023, 01:01:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Blocus

Hello
I accidentally beat mother brain with no space jump or plasma beam and now I'm stuck escaping. Is there a cheat code for unlimited life please?

[spoiler]
[/spoiler]

P.JBoy

(Codebreaker) cheat code 83001536 0063 will give you fixed 99 health

Blocus

Simonius5000

So I encountered a problem with the spider boss. First few attempts were fine, ended up dying. Then all of a sudden he just stopped opening his mouth, no chance to attack him! I'm hoping I don't have to restart, just wanted to post about it.

MTZPyrakid

this game sucks
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c2c3_SPhXv4
took me like 30 minutes to beat serris, i died at least twice before i started recording.

FelixWright

Quote from: MTZPyrakid on August 14, 2023, 01:00:38 PM
this game sucks
took me like 30 minutes to beat serris, i died at least twice before i started recording.

this is a pretty controversial point in the hack without any grapple points to dodge serris.

you weren't really aiming or using missiles though

MTZPyrakid

Quote from: FelixWright on August 14, 2023, 01:20:01 PM
Quote from: MTZPyrakid on August 14, 2023, 01:00:38 PM
this game sucks

this is a pretty controversial point in the hack without any grapple points to dodge serris.

you weren't really aiming or using missiles though
wdym by that?
Did you watch the full video how am I supposed to hit something moving at a high speed, with their only weak point being their head, AND you dont know what direction he's gonna appear from or what move he's gonna do?
I have a very finite amount of missiles, i can spam the beam shots, i cannot spam the missiles, at the END i manage to beat it by using missiles.

Zhs2

Serris does move in predictable patterns. For example, once he zigzags over the middle platforms he does a full arc of the room to touch the ceiling and comes down to the ground afterward. I've played several ZM hacks that port Serris and the missing ceiling hold from Fusion isn't so much an annoyance as a removal of the most common strategy for hitting his face. I've seen much more success in staying on the ground and hitting Serris in the head while he's coming down towards the floor, the only real problem with being on the floor is that you can't always predict where he will pop out of the floor.

Tower

anytime i grab ice beam in this ice cavern my game freezes. I tried this on computer and on a phone and effect is the same.

Conner

Quote from: Tower on September 08, 2023, 04:43:53 AM
anytime i grab ice beam in this ice cavern my game freezes. I tried this on computer and on a phone and effect is the same.

This was an issue on the very first release of the hack. Maybe update your version

fraZ0R

Experiencing a weird bug, where despite having *already* beaten the game, done all 5 metroid rooms, and visited the gate, True Ending is **still** not unlocked for me :?
I've already killed both Mother Brain, and Mecha Ridley. I'm not really sure what i'm missing here?

If this is a bug and not just something i'm missing, could somebody share their save so i can play the ng+?

Thanks

Zhs2

I believe you need to return to your ship and leave after encountering the gate. I don't have as much experience with this given I played one version before the gate message was added but returning to your ship and triggering the ending sequence provided you've met all of the other requirements should set the Samus icon on your save and enable True Ending mode.

fraZ0R

I have done that though, but it only gave me a screw attack icon. Returning to the gate doesn't pop up any other messages, and i tried going to the ship a second time after getting plasma. Still, nothing.

Zhs2

Quote from: fraZ0R on December 27, 2023, 12:53:24 PM
I have done that though, but it only gave me a screw attack icon. Returning to the gate doesn't pop up any other messages, and i tried going to the ship a second time after getting plasma. Still, nothing.

Worked for me, using Retroarch (VBA-M core). The procedure is, visit the gate room, get a message (unsure if I had to shoot something to get it to trigger?), and I believe you must also get specifically ending 2 (Lifelong Enemy), which means beating either Mother Brain or Mecha Ridley. Once you have done this, return to the ship, view the ending, press buttons at "See you next mission!" until it returns you to the title screen, then choose the save you just finished with the Samus icon. It will give you the option to pick either New or Continue, Continue will resume this save and New will allow you to choose True Ending difficulty. I recommend copying the save to a second slot and starting a new True Ending.

If you're still having trouble with this I've attached my save file in a zip. Name it the same as your rom or if you're using VBA you can manually load the save file as a battery save. 84% items, 4/5 metroid rooms, etc. Getting 100% is recommended because doing the True Ending route requires knowledge of some speedbooster passages.

ChevalJovial

Nice to see you published the update! Alas, the link for the 1.3 leads to a page saying "This content is no longer available."

jasinchen

Quote from: ChevalJovial on May 07, 2024, 01:06:14 PM
Nice to see you published the update! Alas, the link for the 1.3 leads to a page saying "This content is no longer available."
It works now.

ChevalJovial

Nice!

Still, I have one question, regarding the endings: [spoiler]What is "true ending mode" mentioned in the third ending?[/spoiler]

jasinchen

Quote from: ChevalJovial on May 08, 2024, 02:28:38 PM
Nice!

Still, I have one question, regarding the endings: [spoiler]What is "true ending mode" mentioned in the third ending?[/spoiler]
[spoiler]"true ending mode" is hard mode, it can be unlocked in specific condition. [/spoiler]

legarde

Any tips for dodge master ending?

legarde

how to get shinespark at this?(Rocava near ice beam)
[spoiler][/spoiler]

jasinchen

Quote from: legarde on June 21, 2024, 12:31:33 PM
how to get shinespark at this?(Rocava near ice beam)
[spoiler][/spoiler]
Fromthe top-left yellow hatch room.

starlightintheriver

Hello! So a few days ago I found a softlock in upper Karst, and I reported it to jasinchen. Until a fix is added, I wanted to describe it here in a bit more detail so yall can hopefully avoid it.

Here's a video of the softlock in action:
https://imgur.com/a/metroid-desolation-v1-1-3-karst-softlock-r51kFyA

And here's an image of where on the map you can find it (I hope the arrow shows the path I took clearly enough)
https://imgur.com/a/CjjUv5H

As you can see, this softlock is not hard to trigger, especially considering some intended shinespark challenges in this hack. In fact, normally there's a Missile in that tunnel, and you're expected to get it going the other way, charging a shinespark from above and sparking below, which is way harder because you have to precisely charge the spark such that you still break the Speed blocks leading to the lower level. I don't think jasinchen ever expected anyone to try and enter the room this way, which is why the speed blocks reform (the ones between the lower and upper floors are supposed to be destroyed if you're down here), but to me it seems like the obvious way to get the Missile.

This could be fixed in a couple different ways. You can see in the video that the ledge lines up perfectly for a ballspark, so you could prevent getting into the room that way by raising or lowering that ledge one tile, or you could add a way to escape the lower levels without Speed Booster (perhaps with a secret Morph tunnel). If this is too late to fix, I'm hoping I can at least save someone from losing progress by posting about it.

legarde

Any suggestion for get speed boost without killing boss(Imago)?
[spoiler][/spoiler]

jasinchen

Quote from: legarde on June 23, 2024, 03:39:57 PM
Any suggestion for get speed boost without killing boss(Imago)?
[spoiler][/spoiler]
Start running from right side wall, then run to left and shinespark(Avoid touching left wall), then exit from right shinespark clipdata.

legarde

How do I get screw attack? any suggestion, please :cry: (dodge master challenge)
[spoiler][/spoiler]