News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

Metroid: Desolation

Started by jasinchen, March 20, 2023, 01:01:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jasinchen

[Story]
    Area LC-13. It used to be a fertile piece of land, where there were many species. However, the water source here suddenly dried up, the land became a desert, and many species perished. I've come here to find out the reason for the disappearance of water source.

[How to play]
    Game can be finished whenever you want. The game will show different endings based on your progress.

[Tips]
    1.Bomb Jump and Wall Jump are not required.
    2.No final escape in this hack.
    3.Dread mode: Just like dread mode in Metroid: Dread. Try normal mode when first playing.
    4.Secret mode:New game+ mode await your discovery! (New game mode is a challenge mode, I suggest that you finish 100% before challenging it.)

[Update v1.3+]
    1. Add new bosses and sprites.
    2. DLC: Secure animals.
    3. Add new abilities
[spoiler] Guided missile: Missiles can search beatable enemies. Toggle with R + select. [/spoiler]
[spoiler] Accel Charge: Make you charge faster. (Just like accel charge in Metroid Other M) [/spoiler]
    4. Adjust difficulty: Make some bosses not so terrifying.
    5. Balance adjustment:
        1) Gravity suit cannot reduce damge
        2) Gravity suit cannot provide damage from heat and lava
        3) Power Bomb cannot show hidden tanks (v1.3 fin)
    6. Fix bugs

[Hack page]
    https://metroidconstruction.com/hack.php?id=732

[Copyright Alert]
[Titile screen music]
    1.HOYO-MiX - 沙民的庇护所 Settlement for Exiles
    2.HOYO-MiX - 露湿的林莽 Dewy Morn in the Forest

[Spoilers]
    1.All endings (Sorted by priority):
[spoiler]
        1) Runaway: Complete game with 0% collection in normal mode
        2) Life long enemy: Complete game with killing Mother Brain or Mecha Ridley in normal mode
        3) New Beginning: Break the gass tube and divert water towards the desert in true ending mode
        4) Tree planter: Complete ending 3 then kill Nightmare, BOX 2
        5) Dodge Master: Get all abilities without killing bosses
        6) Speed Runner: Complete game in 15 minute with at least 1% collection
        7) Superior Firepower: Complete game with 100% collection, meanwhile ending 3-4 is not achieved
        8) Everything is unkown: Complete game and other ending is not achieved in normal mode
[/spoiler]
    2.How to unlock new game mode? (Choice one)
[spoiler]
        1) One of Ending 5-6 is achived
        2) v1.1.2: Ending 2 is achived and finding blue gate room
            v1.3: Ending 2 or 7 is achived and finding blue gate room
[/spoiler]

3.Full Map
        v1.1.2
[spoiler][/spoiler]
        v1.3 fin
[spoiler][/spoiler]

[Thanks]
    Yohann
    MAGConst

[Graphics support]
    叉子
    limitiz-nk

[Special Thanks]
    munya

[Artist]
    limitiz-nk's homepage: https://x.com/Limitiz_Nedonka

[Screenshot]

Tower

i fought with arachnus and restarted the game and map was black.
When i pick ice beam the game freezes.

jasinchen

Quote from: Tower on March 20, 2023, 01:00:08 PM
i fought with arachnus and restarted the game and map was black.
When i pick ice beam the game freezes.
Could you send a screenshot about arachnus issue?

Tower

sorry but i couldnt replicate this bug. Also
i did lava run and get gravity before varia. Was that intended?

Nvm played from beggining and found varia.
Also Ridley with 2 energy tanks and without powerbombs is super hard.

jasinchen

Quote from: Tower on March 21, 2023, 04:39:23 AM
sorry but i couldnt replicate this bug. Also
i did lava run and get gravity before varia. Was that intended?

Nvm played from beggining and found varia.
Also Ridley with 2 energy tanks and without powerbombs is super hard.
Skip varia is OK.
About Ridley: I want to let Ridley be more like a real boss, it is too weak in vanilla. I feel it is normal hard when I tested, but most players think it is pretty hard. Maybe it need to be weaken more. I am sorry it bothered you

Dynarec

I've found a potential hard-lock in western Rocava. I have:

Spazer
Ice
Charge
Bombs
Varia
Gravity
Morph
Grip
High-Jump
Missiles
Super Missiles

I came in through the top elevator from the bio-lab, found the Ice Beam, but I do not have Power Bombs or Speed Booster. The bottom left is locked out with Speed blocks, the right exit is a Power Bomb door, the elevator back the way I came requires Power Bombs, and the bottom-right area requires Speed Ball. I entered the area at low health, so I saved at the save point to the east of the elevator.

Am I hard-locked? Screenshot of my map is attached in a zip. I've bombed a ton of walls and tried to get to the small two block room to the right, but there does not appear to be a path for me to continue.

EDIT:

I GOT OUT. Apparently it is possible to use rapid bombs to cross a three-tile crumble block bridge. This hack is gooood so far too!

jasinchen

Quote from: Dynarec on March 21, 2023, 10:27:19 PM
I've found a potential hard-lock in western Rocava. I have:

Spazer
Ice
Charge
Bombs
Varia
Gravity
Morph
Grip
High-Jump
Missiles
Super Missiles

I came in through the top elevator from the bio-lab, found the Ice Beam, but I do not have Power Bombs or Speed Booster. The bottom left is locked out with Speed blocks, the right exit is a Power Bomb door, the elevator back the way I came requires Power Bombs, and the bottom-right area requires Speed Ball. I entered the area at low health, so I saved at the save point to the east of the elevator.

Am I hard-locked? Screenshot of my map is attached in a zip. I've bombed a ton of walls and tried to get to the small two block room to the right, but there does not appear to be a path for me to continue.
Hello, there is a crumble way you can go.
[spoiler][/spoiler]
(It's easy to mislead player here, I will modify here soon. Sorry to trouble you)

Meinos Belfort

Skip varia is OK.
About Ridley: I want to let Ridley be more like a real boss, it is too weak in vanilla. I feel it is normal hard when I tested, but most players think it is pretty hard. Maybe it need to be weaken more. I am sorry it bothered you
[/quote]

Ridley is still extremely weak tbh , I actually had way more difficulty on kraid (due of the lack of gravity and jump spacing who's weird) than ridley where i used the same strategy like in vanila (throwing myself on him and make it turn while firing super / missile) lost just a bar like this.

oh and Wave / Plasma is actually not stacking correctly if spazer is activated. (i dunno if it's on purpose so i prefer to notifity this just in case).

jasinchen

Quote from: Meinos Belfort on March 22, 2023, 07:01:14 AM
Skip varia is OK.

Ridley is still extremely weak tbh , I actually had way more difficulty on kraid (due of the lack of gravity and jump spacing who's weird) than ridley where i used the same strategy like in vanila (throwing myself on him and make it turn while firing super / missile) lost just a bar like this.

oh and Wave / Plasma is actually not stacking correctly if spazer is activated. (i dunno if it's on purpose so i prefer to notifity this just in case).
[/quote]
[spoiler]Kraid is redesigned like Croco. I think the difficulty is normal.
About Plasma beam: It is designed deliberately. It will decrease instance of beam[/spoiler]

Zhs2

I might be dumb. I'm as far as[spoiler]having collected Screw Attack and defeated 5 "Metroid" rooms[/spoiler]but I can't figure out what to do next. Can you share just a teeny hint of where I might go?
Great hack by the way, I can tell you've put a lot of work into this. 80% items found and I still want to do everything I can possibly find. You hid the e-tanks really well, I played the majority of the hack with just 4 of them it feels like but it's still extremely possible to do so.

jasinchen

Quote from: Zhs2 on March 23, 2023, 12:36:59 AM
I might be dumb. I'm as far as[spoiler]having collected Screw Attack and defeated 5 "Metroid" rooms[/spoiler]but I can't figure out what to do next. Can you share just a teeny hint of where I might go?
Great hack by the way, I can tell you've put a lot of work into this. 80% items found and I still want to do everything I can possibly find. You hid the e-tanks really well, I played the majority of the hack with just 4 of them it feels like but it's still extremely possible to do so.
Hello, I suggest that get 100% first.
[spoiler]Then use blue ship to comlete current game. You can see True Ending mode in start game menu[/spoiler]

Steel Sparkle

I need help.
[spoiler]I have Charge, Spazer, morph ball and bombs, 1 energy tank, 20 missiles. Am i supposed to grab the super missile tank and fight Serris? It seems rather impossible, did i do something wrong?[/spoiler]

FelixWright

Quote from: Steel Sparkle on March 23, 2023, 01:59:28 PM
I need help.
[spoiler]I have Charge, Spazer, morph ball and bombs, 1 energy tank, 20 missiles. Am i supposed to grab the super missile tank and fight Serris? It seems rather impossible, did i do something wrong?[/spoiler]

[spoiler]It's possible you may just want to go back and pick up some items before the fight. I think I had... 2 e tanks and 30 missiles for the fight, but I still ran dry and used charge beam for my final blow.[/spoiler]

Steel Sparkle

Quote from: FelixWright on March 23, 2023, 02:08:19 PM
Quote from: Steel Sparkle on March 23, 2023, 01:59:28 PM
I need help.

[spoiler]It's possible you may just want to go back and pick up some items before the fight. I think I had... 2 e tanks and 30 missiles for the fight, but I still ran dry and used charge beam for my final blow.[/spoiler]
Okay, thanks.

Crimsonsun

I passed the normal difficulty yesterday and I just started the true ending mode and I encountered some type of weird bug. The quicksand in the surface doesn't take me to the underground section of the game. please help

SuperFusion

Amazing hack! I am having so much fun with this. Ridley was tough but once you figure out his patterns, it wasn't too bad.

I am currently stuck though however.

[spoiler]I currently have all beams, space jump and screw attack, but when I jump in my ship, the text makes it seem like I am missing something. Last boss I killed was Mecha Ridley. I have not been to the ice area yet. Just need a small hint if possible. (I assume there's an ice area because of the screenshots you posted.)[/spoiler]

Dynarec

Quote from: SuperFusion on March 23, 2023, 03:26:54 PM

I am in a similar spot. I have all the gear, and am looking for a....

[spoiler] solution to the desertification on the surface. I was told "lifelong enemy" after the credits. I think this might have something to do with the Metroid rooms? Or potentially Ridley?

There's a strange gate in the upper left hand corner of Bionicle that won't open even after all 5 Metroid rooms and Mecha Ridley is dead.

I also noticed that there are Speed Booster blocks conveniently right through the monolith that holds the Plasma Beam. Maybe there is a way to get underneath Bionicle's floor and shoot through the ceiling?  [/spoiler]

CaffeineCadet

So far, the game is absolutely stunning and feels like a proper 2D metroid title. That said, I'm having trouble 100% the game, as with other 2D metroids, because it's hard for me to comb for hidden areas. Would anyone be willing to upload completed maps? For context, I'm at 83% and finished the game... but cannot find the ice area.

jasinchen

Quote from: Crimsonsun on March 23, 2023, 02:56:16 PM
I passed the normal difficulty yesterday and I just started the true ending mode and I encountered some type of weird bug. The quicksand in the surface doesn't take me to the underground section of the game. please help
Forget the quicksand, go ahead

jasinchen

Quote from: SuperFusion on March 23, 2023, 03:26:54 PM
Amazing hack! I am having so much fun with this. Ridley was tough but once you figure out his patterns, it wasn't too bad.

[spoiler]I currently have all beams, space jump and screw attack, but when I jump in my ship, the text makes it seem like I am missing something. Last boss I killed was Mecha Ridley. I have not been to the ice area yet. Just need a small hint if possible. (I assume there's an ice area because of the screenshots you posted.)[/spoiler]
I suggest that you can get 100% then
[spoiler]Start a new game and select True ending mode[/spoiler]

Crimsonsun

Quote from: jasinchen on March 23, 2023, 05:46:06 PM
i followed the path that i have access two and it takes me to small warp room which loop on every exit

NaCl10

Quote from: Crimsonsun on March 23, 2023, 06:39:51 PM
Quote from: jasinchen on March 23, 2023, 05:46:06 PM
i followed the path that i have access two and it takes me to small warp room which loop on every exit
It is a maze.
Try to find out differences between rooms.

Steel Sparkle

Not sure how to proceed
[spoiler]I managed to unlock "TRUE ENDING" mode and after starting it and getting through the maze i appear to be soft locked since i can't proceed further since i have no abilities and i can't go back either.. [/spoiler]
Edit: I think i figured it out but feel free to reply just in case :)
Edit 2: i got High Jump, Speed Booster and Power Grip. i don't know what to do. I think im stuck.

jasinchen

Quote from: Steel Sparkle on March 24, 2023, 02:41:04 PM
Not sure how to proceed
[spoiler]I managed to unlock "TRUE ENDING" mode and after starting it and getting through the maze i appear to be soft locked since i can't proceed further since i have no abilities and i can't go back either.. [/spoiler]
Edit 2: i got High Jump, Speed Booster and Power Grip. i don't know what to do. I think im stuck.
This is why I suggest get 100% before challenge True Ending mode. I guess you stuck at Nurk.
[spoiler]There is a speed booster block in Nurk, in a dark room next to the bubble room.[/spoiler]

Steel Sparkle

Quote from: jasinchen on March 24, 2023, 08:19:58 PM
Quote from: Steel Sparkle on March 24, 2023, 02:41:04 PM
Not sure how to proceed
This is why I suggest get 100% before challenge True Ending mode. I guess you stuck at Nurk.
[spoiler]There is a speed booster block in Nurk, in a dark room next to the bubble room.[/spoiler]
Thanks!