News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

Metroid: Zero Mission Redux

Started by Meinos Belfort, February 27, 2023, 04:32:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Meinos Belfort

[Note :  You can find the latest version here aka 1.0 https://metroidconstruction.com/hack.php?id=729 , i will update both when 1.1 will be fully done and tested]

Metroid: Zero Mission Redux is a Improved version of Vanilla ZM for the 20th birthday of the said game a bit early
the goal is simply to fix things , restauring others from beta and older game , trying to gave a better expérience than the 2004 game

Most notable change are:

-Easy Mode gave more ammo for tanks (350 Missile , 45 super and 27 power bombs max)
-Charge beam is tracting drop like in the prime series + charge gfx is based on the beta version
-Wall jump and others thing are executing faster / with less lag.
-Unknown items are completely optionnal.
-Marron / reddish outline are gone.
-a bunch of hex tweak to make the game better in someway.
-and way more said in the readme file , listed with known issue.

Update will come soon enough for adding others stuff more or less important and others fix
in the future.

Dnz638

Is it possible to use Space Jump, Plasma Beam, and Gravity Suit before the Fully Powered Suit?

Meinos Belfort

No , mostly because it will be the same as Project ZM (which is another Vanilla +)
+ having plasma beam early will result to ridley to be a bigger joke that it was in vanilla because how weak the boss truly is.

I could Nerf Plasma , but not making it early because of how meanningless it would be , same for space jump (which is .. completely optionnal , even gravity tho it's the one with the most interresting fact (Mostly)

However Wave will be buffed for the charged variant launching 2 projectile instead of 1 , making plasma even more "Useless"

I'm actually working on recolor and text editing / recolor , as well for a few balance to buff very slightly Kraid and ridley Life to be slightly longer. and also some Gfx Edit for the items.