News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

Talk of the Day

Started by squishy_ichigo, May 15, 2009, 11:01:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hackmi

I recall some of those projects. Honestly they weren't bad and I can relate to thinking your reputation is irredeemable.
Those projects seemed alright, maybe a bit too ambitious for a first project etc, sure you've heard all this before.

Don't worry about reputation too much, you can get caught up with that sort of thing and think that people won't accept your work because of who they see you as but quite frankly if you make good stuff, people who aren't super basic will think it's all good.
If you're quitting metroid hacking mainly because of how people see your persona then that's a huge shame-if you really like metroid romhacking and making gamedev stuff then just go for it man, make it because you want to (easy to say I know, I know) but just keep making stuff.
People (I won't lie, not everyone will) will overlook/"forgive" whatever your character was like if they can see potential? I'm not entirely sure this is something I struggle with a lot, persona/character/whatever.
Try not to think about that part of it too much and just do what you love
Anyways good luck with whatever you choose to do now, if you do indeed quit metroid entirely.
(People who see your work, no matter how good or bad it is and think "lol it's just metroid violinist" or whatever other name's you had and disregard your hard work; these are not the people you want to impress anyway.)

VacantShadeGames

I don't know much about your hacks or other work, but I did greatly appreciate your NES ship graphics:
https://www.spriters-resource.com/custom_edited/metroidcustoms/sheet/113116/

It's currently being used in my Metroid Planets project, and you're in the credits!
I don't know if I'll ever use something else at some point, but it was a big help to get the project on it's feet.

Thanks again for your hard work, and hope things work out wherever you end up spending your time next!

Metroid Violinist

Quote from: VacantShadeGames on April 29, 2020, 09:26:23 PM
I don't know much about your hacks or other work, but I did greatly appreciate your NES ship graphics:
https://www.spriters-resource.com/custom_edited/metroidcustoms/sheet/113116/

It's currently being used in my Metroid Planets project, and you're in the credits!
I don't know if I'll ever use something else at some point, but it was a big help to get the project on it's feet.

Thanks again for your hard work, and hope things work out wherever you end up spending your time next!

Oh yes, I saw that in there- glad it helped, and thanks for the credited work!

I played Metroid Planets a few times before, but found it much too difficult for my liking (in reference to the new planet).

dewhi100

Quote from: Metroid Violinist on April 29, 2020, 04:32:29 PM
So, in conclusion, I don't care if the staff bans me, I just want everyone to know, that while I was here- I had a great time, making friends and unfinished hacks. I love every single one of you guys on here, and this is most likely, my final goodbye.

I don't think we met under any of your names. It sounds like you put a lot of scrutiny on yourself and feel others may do the same. If the worst things you've done are threads for failed projects and reinventing your online identity a few times out of that sounds like anxiety, I don't really think anyone is going to drop a hammer on you.

It sounds like the community is important to you. You should definitely think about what it is you want or wanted here and how to get that. If you want to contribute and collaborate, then coming out like you did is a good start. If you want to be social, make friends, and feel like part of a community (which many of us struggle with even moreso lately), it's doable here even though it's sometimes intimidating. If you thrive on drama, congrats as you have caused three replies' worth. Maybe you have your own other motivations that I didn't consider off the top of my head.

In any case, good luck. If you want to chat hit me up. My username is the same on everything.

Daltone

Hey guys and gals, I miss you all alot and wanted to just give a friendly update since I've been gone for too long. Life is rough but I guess it should be since it would be harder to appreciate the simple easy times of the past without the opposite Ying yang stuff.
Running a company is hard, im not sure what the future holds and have been in a dark place lately, trying hard to stay optimistic and all that. Its not completely awful and life threatening or anything to worry about but I wanted to share my status with you guys since I know I've been a ghost in the only community that I actually feel like might be home. Thanks for existing methods! Sorry if I've been weird but you guys mean alot to me and I hope I can get some time to come back one day. Hope you all are doing better then me lol.
Also I'm not sure if I'll ever finish my hack so if anyone wants to see it to see if its finishable just hit me up, love you like a cousin you shouldn't look at like that. Take care
-dalton

Quietus

We'll keep our fingers crossed for you. Good luck, with whatever this cycle decides to throw at you. :^_^:

Jasler7

Are Vanilla+ hacks revered as a little lazy?

RT-55J

A little lazy, maybe, but not necessarily bad.

Steel Sparkle

What happened to X-Fusion?
It just vanished from the forums..

FelixWright

I don't know what hack you are talking about. Maybe it's that one that got taken down for being a bunch of shotophop edits.

JustMarbles

Quote from: Jasler7 on May 02, 2021, 09:25:13 PM
Are Vanilla+ hacks revered as a little lazy?

Nothing wrong with a little Vanilla :)