News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

Talk of the Day

Started by squishy_ichigo, May 15, 2009, 11:01:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quietus

I meant to say so a while back, but we've recently passed a decade of MetConst. Here's to another one, I guess. :^_^:

Quote58

I'm 23 on the 23rd, neato

Hackmi

Unseen Brain

Oh hey, happy birthday. I'm 23 as well, but turning 24 in August.

Quote58

Happy birthday Vismund!!

caauyjdp

Does mzm have a weird quirk that you get speeboost slightly faster when going right? Or it could be just wall/floor collision difference between left and right side of the sprite.
Either way, there are some places where I can charge a spark going right but can't do it when going left, vanilla example would be room 2 left from hive room. If I start on the ledge above acid and go right, I can sometimes get a charge, but If I go left from the hive room, I can't...
There are some non vanilla cases too that don't involve door transitions, so it's probably not related to how far away door transition puts you.
Weird.

P.JBoy

Test of the day
[spoiler]This is a hilarious-man test[/spoiler]
[spoiler=custom spoiler title]This is another hilarious-man test[/spoiler]

P.JBoy

Double post of the day
[spoiler]This is a hilarious-man test[/spoiler]
[spoiler=custom spoiler title]This is another hilarious-man test[/spoiler]

Retroo

Hello Metconst! How are you all doing? Life is great<3

Quietus

Life is what you make it. You must have made it great. Therefore you must be great to make it great. :!:

Steel Sparkle

Anyone else looking forward to Borderlands 3? I sure am!

Quietus

I was till it went exclusive for six months. Instead, I'll have to settle for replaying 2. :neutral:

Steel Sparkle

Quote from: Quietus on September 12, 2019, 03:00:46 PM
I was till it went exclusive for six months. Instead, I'll have to settle for replaying 2. :neutral:
I have to agree that was really dumb, its best to wait till it comes out on Steam.
Fun bit of info that may or may not be true, apparently they regret their choice in making that deal with epic.

Quietus

If that's true, I don't doubt it. I expect there are plenty of potential players like me who just won't buy it, and will choose to wait. I know there's also been talk about them agreeing to stop looking to obtain exclusives if Steam up the percentage they pass on to developers, so we may yet see an upside to it. :oh:

Hackmi

would you rather burn down your own house or a homeless shelter

Quietus

Are we talking about just the building? Or are the occupants inside? :O_o:

[spoiler]Either way, it'd be the shelter, but I felt it needed clarifying. :grin:[/spoiler]

Hackmi

Hmm not sure, also lmao

Hackmi

Explain pizza. Summarize it

Metroid3D

Delicious cooked bread tomato cheese pineapple

PonchGaming

Quote from: Metroid3D on March 28, 2020, 03:00:06 PM
Delicious cooked bread tomato cheese pineapple pepperoni
Yep I agree.

Quietus

Circular bread. Chosen toppings. God food.

Metroid Violinist

Hey everyone! Hope ya'll are doing okay- It's been a long year for me and well, I just wanted you guys to know something.

According to the Metroid Construction rules, you aren't allowed to have multiple accounts, as this is bannable.

Here's the thing...

I know I can very well get banned for this, but hey- at least I won't be lying about who I am anymore-

First things first, I started my Metroid hacking journey quite some time ago, I want to say maybe 4-5 years-

I saw a website called Metroid Construction, and was inspired to make my own hack- I made small level changes to Super Metroid and would transfer them to my 3DS and showcase them to my friends.

Then I had an idea... what if- I recreated Metroid 2 in Super Metroid!

It was like I hit a gold mine-

So I quickly got to work and recreated the first room in Super Metroid. I really want to show it off to everyone on the site, so I downloaded a screen recorder, uploaded a video to YouTube, and finally made an account.

It took me a while to come up with a name, but I eventually decided on Metroid Ruins. (Yup, it's me- but wait... There's more)

I gave up on Super AM2R because well, I had no clue what I was doing- and then I made a graphics edit to Phantoon, replacing the blue flames with X parasite, I was so impressed with myself I announced another hack!--- It went nowhere...

I saw that GBA hacking for Metroid was a little bit easier, so I made GBAM2R, it died as well- and well... you know the rest about Metroid Ruins...

I soon came back as DestroyedChozo- (Me as well) I wanted a fresh start because I felt that I had fucked up my persona here, and well...
That's why I made Metroid Violinist- because I felt I messed up DestroyedChozo as well

And it's also why I left Metroid hacking all together, I felt I had dug myself a hole so deep that there would be no recovery, and also because some of it was school.

So, in conclusion, I don't care if the staff bans me, I just want everyone to know, that while I was here- I had a great time, making friends and unfinished hacks. I love every single one of you guys on here, and this is most likely, my final goodbye.

If you want to contact me, just give me a PM and I'll tell ya' where you can find me...