News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

Talk of the Day

Started by squishy_ichigo, May 15, 2009, 11:01:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

GF_Kennon

Well, I find myself now without internet, and practically no other way of getting internet without practically breaking into someone elses house and using a computer, library now charges to use a computer, which I paid for to pretty much post this message, so I'm going to be gone for a while, I cant remember how to crack wep and I cant get the information again, I'm here for an hour I guess, if someone wants to zip up as much information and link it here, if not, bye metconst for a long time...

Cant get on IRC ether, yeash, I'm trapped.

A_red_monk_called_Key

back in the day i drove around and used my DS to seek out wifi points. some people don't know how to lock there wifi

GF_Kennon

Too bad I'm bound to a plug, bleh.

oh forgot to mention, I got caught on the wifi, thats why I'm offline at home.

Lunaria

Quote from: GF_Kennon on August 02, 2011, 08:42:35 AM
Well, I find myself now without internet, and practically no other way of getting internet without practically breaking into someone elses house and using a computer, library now charges to use a computer, which I paid for to pretty much post this message, so I'm going to be gone for a while, I cant remember how to crack wep and I cant get the information again, I'm here for an hour I guess, if someone wants to zip up as much information and link it here, if not, bye metconst for a long time...

Cant get on IRC ether, yeash, I'm trapped.
Mibbit? :/

Also, sucks library charges for it. I hope you can get on your feets soon!

GF_Kennon

Quote from: Crys on August 02, 2011, 09:04:56 AM
Mibbit? :/

That is blocked by the library, and all ports are closed, so no access to my portable xchat ether.

Digital_Mantra

As some of you already know full well, I've been an alcoholic/pharm junkie for well over 7 years.
Today is my 5th day sober (which is actually quite miraculous for me). Attending AA meetings and all that jazz.

But that's just catching up, I signed on for a reason. A message.
Portishead is coming to north America this October, they're first north American tour in over 13 years.
Seriously, just go. I can give you incentive with yt links.

This weekend was 'Spirit of the Sea', so me and Manaka went down for the parade/live music/beach markets.
Was a good time. I'm just overwhelmed & overjoyed that she'll still stick with me through the hectic times.

So yeah, usually when I want to catch up here, it's typically ignored given the irc chat (which some of you know I left for a good reason).
But really, how is your summer guys? <yeah, answer the question. I'm listening.

(oh, some new abstract films are on their way.)
Probably not on DMantra youtube, cause I try and pretend to be official on that account.
Links coming soon I guess.

Take Care and have a great summer.
Digital Mantra

aka
Analogue Cartridge
aka
Chozuman Hybrid
aka
Bryan (that guy that did a near impossible hack and an annoying one, with the funner Eris sitting on cold ice).

zephyrtronium

My summer is full of pain in my feet caused by the back room of Wal-Mart.

Zhs2

My summer was boring up until last week when a friend flew to Maryland from Arkansas and we visited a bunch of friends in New York. It was excellent. End of August, our family is supposed to go to Las Vegas for my Grandpa's birthday. Fun stuff.

Quote from: GF_Kennonoh forgot to mention, I got caught on the wifi, thats why I'm offline at home.
wat

Smiley

I fell on my moped last week. Nothing serious happened, but I got a few scratches on my arms and I've been limping ever since I fell over (my left leg was under the moped). Thankfully I wasn't driving that fast. Unfortunately I wasn't wearing any kind of jacket, that's why I got those scratches on my arms.

Quietus

Quote from: SMILEuser96 on August 03, 2011, 02:30:18 AMI fell on my moped last week
When I started reading, it sounded like you'd tripped, and fell into your moped. :lol:

Having read the rest, it was clearly the opposite.  Hope you're OK.  If you get any twinges or whatever, make sure you get it checked out.  You never know what damage is done that 'seems OK' now, but might not be. :neutral:

personitis

My summers been really laid back. Still trying to figure out what I want to do for college and mainly just hanging out with friends. Glad to hear you're doing your best to stop the alcohol and stuff. My uncle, who was a hardcore alcoholic, has been doing the same and has been sober for roughly 2 months iirc.

JAM

Am I the only one who've noticed that today 25 years have passed since the beginning of Metroid era (August 6th, 1986)?

If so, I will make you remember by revealing some awesome stuff tomorrow

personitis

Quote from: JAM on August 06, 2011, 06:58:55 PM
Am I the only one who've noticed that today 25 years have passed since the beginning of Metroid era (August 6th, 1986)?

If so, I will make you remember by revealing some awesome stuff tomorrow
No. I put a LP up on my YouTube of Redesign to 'celebrate.' Couldn't think of anything more awesome... Also, I and everyone else likes awesome stuff JAM. :3

Digital_Mantra

an epiphany! meditative posture and breathing connects the winds to your inhalation.
this terrain is diluted with false prospects, consumable objects.
grass covered in ash and beer drawn urine. The land under drifting clouds still flourishes.
the clouds are watching you.
still diluted, now adapted.
not much changes in the blink of a lifetime.
in this pain stricken life, like the soaked desecrated grass, we continue to grow.
maybe just to see or feel something... fantastic.
it's the blackout period, nothing lost, nothing gained.
ultraviolet summer apathy waves.
an occupied sanctuary. just keep to yourself.
no matter how hard you try.
lost expectations, reveal themselves in the form of virile youth.
what can you do? strapped in a chair of life's current prison.
who you are, what you are, where you are, and what destiny commits you to.
i guess it's just the ebb and flow.
flow over me stronger, please i beg you.
taken not whats taken, regal in the cross roads of obtainable, unobtainable, and what you have.
regardless of your personal standards. it all comes down to standards.
the presentations of your path in the finite you deem life.

interdpth

Tits, ass, chocolate shrooms, alcohol, and Marijuana. My mind is fucked. I love you guys so much

BananaSplit

Anybody dowloadead that album for the 25th Metroid anniversery : http://www.shinesparkers.net/harmonyofahunter/

It's absoluty awesome

A_red_monk_called_Key

so i'm digging around looking for death animation, and bam this pops up in my face on a test.

[spoiler]

what doom 

has any body ever seen this?[/spoiler]

Parabox

Well, it's the anti piracy screen. I thought it comes up if you mess with certain data, but I'm not sure.

Quietus

I think I recall seeing it before.  Now that you post it, I also seem to recall there being a similar screen about systems, as in NTSC / PAL.

THE Purple Helmet

Thought I'd check up on progress on Red Monkey's works when I noticed a new user called wildfire...so what did darksamus do to get banned this time?  :lol:

Zhs2

The same thing he got banned on last time, only with a twist of Private Message.

THE Purple Helmet

well at least there's no fear of being a bored mod or admin eh?

by the by, a wildfire started 8 miles north of my hometown this weekend. (on top of a nearby mountaintop so no imminent danger or anything) Has anyone else been affected by wildfires of any sort this summer?

Katelyn

Wilfire(s) sure has(have) been annoying lately, eh?

Parabox

I lost €50 today.
[spoiler=Looky here][spoiler]

A_red_monk_called_Key