News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

[SM] Ground Zero

Started by MultiK1llZ, November 02, 2010, 07:24:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MultiK1llZ

This is a hack I have been working for a while now.  I doubt it will be finished for 2010, but we'll see...

[spoiler=Story]Here is a bit of the story so far:
you are on a planet in search for a mysterious aura that has caused the generators that supply power and resources to the Galatic Federation to shut down.
Not much, huh.  :<_<:
[/spoiler]

[spoiler=Pictures]
Crateria:

Brinstar:

][/spoiler]

[spoiler=Vids]Something is being made..[SM] Ground Zero - Making a Room[/spoiler]

Btw, i don't have a estimate as to how much progress i have made yet.

MultiK1llZ

Anybody have ideas for a name for my hack? I though of "Super Metroid: Legends" (or is that already taken) or some name "Dark and Evil"  :twisted: ... anyways, if you could give a suggestion, that would be nice. Thx  :grin:

Hiroshi Mishima

Judging from your avatar, you could always call it "Super Metroid: Reach", but I'm being silly. I'm not familiar with all the various hack names out there, but some suggestions might be "Beyond Darkness" or Super Metroid: Darkness Falls" if you're looking for something along those lines. Alternatively I kinda like "Cold Silence" but I don't know if that's really fitting or not.

I can't see anything in the second spoiler, by the way, if there was supposed to be an image or something. From what I saw in the trailer, the palettes are going to be fairly dark (or at least in that area) and don't look too bad. Just don't make them so dark that the player won't be able to see where they're going or will miss visual cues/signals. The red-looking Plasma Beam sprite seemed kinda interesting, I take it you're a fan of the Prime series?

Katelyn

I sometimes get tired of "Super Metroid: Trix are for kids" (Super Metroid: Random name here)
So "Beyond Darkness" sounds cool

MultiK1llZ

Quote from: Hiroshi Mishima on November 02, 2010, 10:18:05 PM
I can't see anything in the second spoiler, by the way, if there was supposed to be an image or something. From what I saw in the trailer, the palettes are going to be fairly dark (or at least in that area) and don't look too bad. Just don't make them so dark that the player won't be able to see where they're going or will miss visual cues/signals. The red-looking Plasma Beam sprite seemed kinda interesting, I take it you're a fan of the Prime series?

Thanks for the feedback, but for some reason, when i play the ROM on my snex9x emulator, its is visible, in video its notas visible. Also, when i had made the plasma beam I had started with some different palettes and liked the red one because not only did it appeal to me in the fact that it was introduced in the prime series, but also because, well i dont know actually.  :neutral:

Quote from: Shadox on November 02, 2010, 10:25:22 PM
I sometimes get tired of "Super Metroid: Trix are for kids" (Super Metroid: Random name here)
So "Beyond Darkness" sounds cool

Thats giving me ideas. hmm... okay, i am gonna make a list:

Super Metroid: Depths
Super Metroid: Inter Depths
Super Metroid: Shadows
Super Metroid: Silence
Super Metroid: BioFreeze
Super Metroid: Ground Zero
Super Metroid: Condition Zero
Super Metroid: Case Alpha (or Gamma or Beta)

etc. etc. etc.

Or you could get rid of the super metroid part.

So what do you think?

Cadarot

Mission A.U.R.A: Metroid III

Afflicting
Ultra-
Resonating
Ambience

..... Fuck yeah

squishy_ichigo

Quote from: MultiK1llZ on November 02, 2010, 10:41:22 PM

You have no idea how much I laughed at this. Use this one.

Hiroshi Mishima

Quote from: Flamestar666 on November 02, 2010, 11:09:00 PM
Mission A.U.R.A: Metroid III

Afflicting
Ultra-
Resonating
Ambience

..... Frak yeah
I vote this. :p That sounds awesome. But if not, then BioFreeze or Shadows sound nice.

The reason I had suggested "Darkness Falls" is because you said something was attacking/draining off the generators being used, which would in fact facilitate decreased lighting and such. It'd give you a reason to have darker areas and such for one thing. :p

zephyrtronium

If you call it "Darkness Falls" then the tooth fairy will violently murder you. I saw it happen once.

MultiK1llZ

Quote from: zephyrtronium on November 02, 2010, 11:35:54 PM
If you call it "Darkness Falls" then the tooth fairy will violently murder you. I saw it happen once.

LOL  :lol:, you mean the movie?

Quote from: squishy_ichigo on November 02, 2010, 11:11:27 PM
Quote from: MultiK1llZ on November 02, 2010, 10:41:22 PM

You have no idea how much I laughed at this. Use this one.

You must be thinking of the user interdepth right?  :O_o:

But as for names, I was thinking either BioFreeze, Ground Zero, Inner Depths (yes, Inner), Shadows and or Flamestar's suggestion

Digital_Mantra

MultiK1llZ

Quote from: Digital_Mantra on November 04, 2010, 12:54:06 AM
titles later..
design now.

Lol, Dman's got a good point :lol:, as for now, I am going to be working on this quietly until I make a good amount of progress..

Hiroshi Mishima

That's fine and understandable. However, I don't think anyone would condemn you if say.. you tossed the occasional screenshot our way? Doesn't have to be a whole room, could just be a capture of a screen when you test out a room. :p

Just something for us to salivate over in anticipation. Hehe.. But that's entirely up to you, just throwing that out there.

MultiK1llZ

Quote from: Hiroshi Mishima on November 04, 2010, 05:37:21 PM
That's fine and understandable. However, I don't think anyone would condemn you if say.. you tossed the occasional screenshot our way? Doesn't have to be a whole room, could just be a capture of a screen when you test out a room. :p

Just something for us to salivate over in anticipation. Hehe.. But that's entirely up to you, just throwing that out there.

Well I'll show you the whole landing room:

[spoiler][/spoiler]

I am not sure if this is going to be the final version of the landing site, but for now, it is.

Lunaria

you need to copy a public link from dropbox, only you can see that one. :p

MultiK1llZ

Ohhhh.... lol  :lol:

Okay, here:

[spoiler][/spoiler]

Qactis

Kind of dark but otherwise it looks really good

pomtt

Quote from: MultiK1llZ on November 06, 2010, 12:33:03 AM
Ohhhh.... lol  :lol:

Okay, here:

[spoiler][/spoiler]
WOW this hack is amazing it looks very professional.

Quietus

Excellent quality room.  Great work, MultiK1llz. :^_^:

Smiley

New Super Metroid Metroid Hack?

I love your landing site. It's awesome!

Digital_Mantra

yeah but now it's not double the metroid.
your hack has decreased by -1 metroid.
/taps phazon mana card
/uses 1 hermetic crab & 2 ring of jix

i can't hold the counter much longer...