News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

Ice Metal 1: Uninstall [Ver: 1.4.2]

Started by Lunaria, August 21, 2010, 06:40:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lunaria

Rainbow Metal

Sorry for trolling some of you people earlier, truth is though, Ice Metal is done.

I hope you will enjoy it just as much as I would have had if I was not the creator.
This is version 1.0 and does not come with re-palette, hard, or headered patch.

[Download] [Version: 1.4.2]

Enjoy, for real this time... :p

Oh and, report back in case you do happen to find any bugs! :3

THE Purple Helmet

Zounds alive!! Its here!!

Crys, I think I love you.

Any chance you'd be willing to reveal your item progression?

Hiroshi Mishima

I'm looking forwards to seeing this finished version of the hack. :D

However, I will probably give myself a little time before I dive into it so I can wash away all the Super Metroid I've accumulated over the last few weeks. Don't wanna burn myself out on it, after all. Though it has put in me a Castlevania Mood, lately, I've gotta say..

Also, I love that rainbow wash you used in the trailer, and the trailer itself was win. Especially that little dialogue at the beginning. I lol'd.

As for Item Progression? I'd say the first thing you find is your ship. The last thing you find is the credits. :D

Tyjet66

There have been a few item rooms that I checked with X-ray, but there are no special blocks and no items. I've noticed like 2 so far and I believe they were both in the are with the ghosts (forgot the name, the ghosts from wrecked ship, I believe the map is like subterranean or something). I'm liking the underwater physics, and this hack is very enjoyable so far.

[spoiler]Started from morphball, go one room west, enter the top right door. In that room with the E-tank, how do I get up that hidden spike shaft all the way on the right side of the room??

Item list:
Mega ball
Morphball
High jump
Varia
X-ray
50 missiles
10 supper missiles
3 E-tanks

Boss/miniboss list:
Spore Spawn
Kraid
[/spoiler]
Thank you for this hack!!!

SM_Fan122

Possible glitch... [spoiler]while in subterria, I was obtaining a missile expansion (a few rooms below the map room with the small crumble block maze) while in boost ball mode, then afterwords I could not use the "UP" button in the middle of game play. It works while in the weapons menu and map, just stopped working during play... :sad: I've tried to reload a savestate, and to restart but with no avail... I guess I have to restart...[/spoiler]

FPzero

Quick question before I dive in and play tomorrow, what's the extent of difficulty/trick maneuvers I'll need to know to beat the game?  I would like to play it on my Wii with minimal savestate usage but if that's going to be a problem I'll just play on ZSNES.

begrimed

QuoteIt works while in the weapons menu and map, just stopped working during play...
You're probably talking about the "morph lock" ASM. It keeps Samus from exiting morph ball until she exits the "puzzle area" so to speak.

QuoteQuick question before I dive in and play tomorrow, what's the extent of difficulty/trick maneuvers I'll need to know to beat the game?
So far, the difficulty has been only a small notch harder than the original SM. The enemies aren't too dangerous, no 'cheap' difficulty. I'm not sure if walljump is -required-, but it hasn't been a focal point in getting around. Neither has mockball or any other advanced tricks. If you're not good at using grapple beam, you might have a bit of trouble in a couple places, but that's about it. Give it a shot.

Crashtour99

Quote from: Grime on August 22, 2010, 02:09:15 AM
QuoteIt works while in the weapons menu and map, just stopped working during play...
You're probably talking about the "morph lock" ASM. It keeps Samus from exiting morph ball until she exits the "puzzle area" so to speak.

There's been a couple times that it glitched and wouldn't let me unmorph, but all that's required is going back in the morph lock area and exiting again.

On another note, this hack is awesome so far.  When you said open exploration you weren't kidding.

Edit:
Finished in 7 hours on the dot with 84.6%.   Very awesome hack, and very much worth the wait.  Loved the escape sequence, very unique.

Digital_Mantra

I absolutely loved the non-linearity of this hack.

Riffman81

Finally getting to enjoy this puppy in it's completed form!  :grin: Great job Crys!

Yonowaaru

I dunno if it's me, but the area above the starting area is kinda glitchy at places, and I'm kinda stuck in the room with minikraid without any suits, beams, just bombs, ball and Missles/SMissles.
What now?

*Edit: Now in Norfair, but because of the glitches it's almost unplayable. Really a shame...

Lunaria

That looks like the right set up of item to have at that point of the game.

Define glitchy. :/

Black Falcon

I truely loved the beautiful graphics
Felt like playing Super Metroid, but improved to the maximum of awesomeness!
Also great job with non-linearity and exploration!

Though there's one thing I've noticed:
What is this blue dot in the very top right corner of the HUD supposed to be?
Was this intented, or is it just a glitch?

Lunaria

It's a tile that I forgot to clear out before making the patch. It was used during the making of the hack but is unused in the end product.

Also, it's nice to hear that people like it, took forever for me to make it! :3

Yonowaaru

Like, random glitches. For some reason, I can't upload any images though...

*Edit: Hmm. I think I accidentily used an unheadered rom. That's probably the issue, though I don't see how it would still work (somewhat). Oh well..

It IS unheadered? Why does it say headered then... Oh god.

*Edit2: Now norfair is normal again. I think there's something wrong with the Mini kraid room, the glitching started there.
*Edit3: Why is there an elevator to nowhere in Subterrane..?
Or am I missing something? Also, the big map is filled in already, and it doesn't make it blue.

Blarget2

here is the worst glitch for ya.
i was saving alot on my 2nd save slot (1st one is broken, always has), and saved in a falling door not realizing i fell into a boss fight with that red boss thingy after kraid. I had no missles when going in there and i didnt have charge beam so there was no way to win at all. you get suck in there like a dumb puppy stuck in a hole. the only other save state i had was 3 and that was before kraid.... so i gave up for now.

SM_Fan122

Quote from: Grime on August 22, 2010, 02:09:15 AM

Thanks! That did the trick! I was so afraid of restarting...

Yonowaaru

Holy what the hell Deep Ice is like freaking HUUUGE!

aigamerDS

I thought this site and m2k2 were dead for long time, but I was wrong.

I was just notified by EP about the new hack Ice Metal just released.
[spoiler]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nudFCT1ioXs&[/spoiler]

I might play it as soon as I can.

Phazar

Wow!  This is finally out, after existing for almost a year or two before MetConst's existance.  I will play this as soon as I find time.

Daltone

Fantastic stuff Crys!
I am loving this so far, not quite done yet but i can see myself playing the shit out of this.
I will write a better review once I am finished.

THE Purple Helmet

Crys, I like playing at my own slow, casual pace but I find that I either cant put this down or cant resist picking it back up! This is a truly fantastic hack so far.

The open exploration makes the game easy to pick up and I havent been frustrated by feeling like I dont know where to go at all. Unique puzzles (thought I was permastuck in the submerged mini-kraid room) and superior design/palette choices make this easy to keep playing. Thank you so much for making sure I dont get anything done this weekend!

Lunaria

Quote from: aigamerDS on August 22, 2010, 01:07:09 PM
I thought this site and m2k2 were dead for long time, but I was wrong.

I was just notified by EP about the new hack Ice Metal just released.

I might play it as soon as I can.
On the controversy, I chat with eppy around once a week over IRC. :Specialed:

I would also like to issue a note that you can never ever get perma stuck in the room with the mini-kraid unless you bug abuse into the wall or some shit like that. :P

Coryen

Crys, I just registered to say that this is a pretty awesome hack. It has a good pace, and a forgiving difficulty curve.

However, I seem to be stuck.

[spoiler]
I am in lower norfair. I have the Varia, High-Jump, Boost Ball, Missiles-supers-Powerbombs, and grapple beam. I also have the Wave beam, but oddly, not the charge beam. (Intentional?  :^_^:)

However, I cannot leave lower norfair, as if I go up the elevator, the path to the east is blocked by a 'brown' door(dark red? I'm colorblind but it doesn't respond to anything in my arsenal) (This is the door I entered this  'area' from originally). And the path to the west leads to a vertical shaft, that, while small, is full of lava at the bottom, and the lava physics make the jump to get out impossible. (I tried for an hour with an infinite energy code to see if I even could get out that way, I cannot) The X-Ray scope is of no avail, and I've run the Lower norfair 'circut' a half-dozen times scanning and bombing everything. Am I missing something? Did I sequence break somewhere?
[/spoiler]

But otherwise I like the hack.

Bond697

Quote from: Coryen on August 22, 2010, 03:02:12 PM
Crys, I just registered to say that this is a pretty awesome hack. It has a good pace, and a forgiving difficulty curve.

However, I seem to be stuck.

[spoiler]
I am in lower norfair. I have the Varia, High-Jump, Boost Ball, Missiles-supers-Powerbombs, and grapple beam. I also have the Wave beam, but oddly, not the charge beam. (Intentional?  :^_^:)

However, I cannot leave lower norfair, as if I go up the elevator, the path to the east is blocked by a 'brown' door(dark red? I'm colorblind but it doesn't respond to anything in my arsenal) (This is the door I entered this  'area' from originally). And the path to the west leads to a vertical shaft, that, while small, is full of lava at the bottom, and the lava physics make the jump to get out impossible. (I tried for an hour with an infinite energy code to see if I even could get out that way, I cannot) The X-Ray scope is of no avail, and I've run the Lower norfair 'circut' a half-dozen times scanning and bombing everything. Am I missing something? Did I sequence break somewhere?
[/spoiler]

But otherwise I like the hack.

where do i get [spoiler]powerbombs?  i killed crocomire and was expecting to get them there.  i can't seem to get them, though.  i know i'm missing something simple, but it's been an hour and i just can't find what i'm missing.[/spoiler]