News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

Talk of the Day

Started by squishy_ichigo, May 15, 2009, 11:01:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The ExiledEvilness

Could somebody please tell me what app do I need or tell me a link  to be able to play Super Metroid Hacks?
I have installed Super Metroid: Hydellious and it has given me the map and info already. But I can't play the game it just said that I dont have the app to be able to play this. I also have 9x EX+ emulator so I just need that one app or whatever it is to be able to play hacks like Hydellious.
Someone please tell me that I cant find it!!!

Dark-SA-X

First you will need to google/bing lunar ips.
Then you will need to google/bing zsnes 1.51 snes9x.
Follow the instructions provided with hack.
If you downloaded this in rom format it should work.

SaveTheQueenIV

Got my next part of my blind playthrough of Metroid Zero Mission! Enjoy :bounce:

https://youtu.be/uIXmiqxWz6g

Quietus

It's interesting to see the use of the word 'blind' nowadays. Many players now create Let's Plays using 'blind' to mean "I haven't played it before", when they have often still seen parts of the game. Some experienced players now choose to actually complete games blindfolded, which is certainly an achievement, though having lots of experience probably makes it 'easier'. Even more impressive is seeing proper blind players playing games. It's hard to even imagine it. :^_^:

SaveTheQueenIV

Quote from: Quietus on September 27, 2016, 05:24:01 AM
It's interesting to see the use of the word 'blind' nowadays. Many players now create Let's Plays using 'blind' to mean "I haven't played it before", when they have often still seen parts of the game. Some experienced players now choose to actually complete games blindfolded, which is certainly an achievement, though having lots of experience probably makes it 'easier'. Even more impressive is seeing proper blind players playing games. It's hard to even imagine it. :^_^:

Now that you mention it, that can be tricky. I just hope people understand what I mean in this case.

FelixWright

Hey guys, it's been a while. Just about 20 minutes ago I was locked out of my local account in Windows 10 Pro.

In the case that this happens to anyone else, I am going to document how it happened to me and how I fixed it.
What I did:

Win+R: netplwiz

open current user's "Properties"

I changed my full name from "Felix Wright" to my name. I was told to relog and when I did, two things happened:

1) I as a user didn't exist, although my files and folders still did.

2) I was still able to sign in, but had absolute-zero rights. When UAC opened, the only option I had was to select "No."

After spending about an hour internally screaming, I managed to get home and get cracking down on how to fix this. The reason WHY this happened was that evidently changing your full name removes all user assignments from your user as well as makes your files read-only.

Run Windows in Safe Mode. You can do this by clicking the power button and holding shift until recovery options come up. Select "Advanced" options, and then "Change startup options." You will reboot.

Press 4 to run in safe mode. You will be logged in as administrator.

Win+R: cmd

net user administrator /active:yes

reboot the computer.

Sign into Administrator.

Go to C:\Users.

Right Click your dead user's filename and enter properties.

Remove the highlight from the Read-Only box and Apply this setting to all folders, subfolders and files. Some will deny access to becoming read-only, which is fine. Ignore them.

So, now your files should be editable. Now, to get your account working again.
Win+R: lusermgr

Right-click your dead account and select "Properties"

Select the "Member of" tab.

Select "Add..."

Type Administrators and click OK.

Select "Add..."

Type Users and click OK.

Select "Add..."

Type HomeUsers and click OK.

Apply settings and sign out. You should be able to access your account oncemore, as well as do administrator-things. Hope this helps on other operating systems, too!

Quietus

I'm curious as to what made you choose to try and change your name in that way, rather then the usual Control Panel > User Accounts > Change your account name? :^_^:

FelixWright

I noticed it while searching for and eventually finding the setting that would let me sign in without a password automatically if I wanted to. I'm very lucky to have found a way out of this one, might need to start backing up changes before I make any more.

Quietus

Hehe, I suspect we've all made soms boobs (mmm, boobs...) in the past. I believe the saying is something like: There are no mistakes - only opportunities to learn. :^_^:

personitis

Variants of that quote are really appealing to me. Another one I like is "The best time to plant a tree was 20 years ago. The second best time is now." Heard it once and it's just happened to stick to me. I'd say I'm unsure why, but I'm pretty sure it has something to do with putting things off. Which reminds me to change my signature!

Quietus

A few of my favourites are:
You can't have a rainbow without some rain.
A person is not truly old until their regrets replace their dreams.
We find true love not by finding somebody perfect, but by learning to love an imperfect person perfectly.

Dark-SA-X

Quote from: FelixWright on September 28, 2016, 04:15:42 PM
Hey guys, it's been a while. Just about 20 minutes ago I was locked out of my local account in Windows 10 Pro.

In the case that this happens to anyone else, I am going to document how it happened to me and how I fixed it.
What I did:

Win+R: netplwiz

open current user's "Properties"

I changed my full name from "Felix Wright" to my name. I was told to relog and when I did, two things happened:

1) I as a user didn't exist, although my files and folders still did.

2) I was still able to sign in, but had absolute-zero rights. When UAC opened, the only option I had was to select "No."

After spending about an hour internally screaming, I managed to get home and get cracking down on how to fix this. The reason WHY this happened was that evidently changing your full name removes all user assignments from your user as well as makes your files read-only.

My question to you was the default administrator account password protected or not ?
If the administrator account doesn't have a set password, you should be able to log into it no problem.
If it is password protected and you forgot it, you could reset it otherwise you're screwed just like windows 7 sp1 OS's.

Next time that happens use a microsoft accoun, even if the computer isn't online the password will be embedded into the os while being offline.
Saved me a few times where microsoft screwed up on there end while updating my os and here I sit with the microsoft login account.

http://www.howtogeek.com/222262/how-to-reset-your-forgotten-password-in-windows-10/

squishy_ichigo

[spoiler=autoembed is such a great feature, and no Q, I tried that noembed thing, didnt work for me]<suku> did anyone else play this game? I dont remember it very well, but I remember beating it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y7kDKdXSIZM
<zbot> Title: Smooth Criminal (Beta Mix) - Michael Jackson's Moonwalker - YouTube
<thedopefish> I remember seeing it a lot in arcades
<thedopefish> I maybe played it once or twice, certainly never beat it
<suku> I had it on the genesis so thats how I beat it
<thedopefish> lolgenesis
<suku> man, the genesis was the best system! it had sonic and knuckles! and I could take any other game and latch it onto S&K and play a cool minigame! (alternatively, play as knuckles in various sonic games)
<suku> who wouldnt want to play this! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B0yKuLopp8c
<zbot> Title: Sonic 3 & Knuckles Special Stages Speedrun PERFECT!! - (Part 1/2) - YouTube[/spoiler]

So I was watching this sonic video, and got hit so hard in the nostalgia. I used to love this dumb minigame so much, I played it so many times....
I didn't have a lot of games growing up, and sunk quite a bit of time into S&K3, probably my favorite game from my childhood. Just thought I would share, was trying to think of something to post in this topic... gotta get my powerbomb icon, just call me Q Jr. ima shitpost all day on these forums, just you watch me, here I go, I'm doing it! You can't stop me!

thedopefish

So determined to get powerbombs he posts Sonic.   :whoa:

personitis

It's alright man. No one knows about my master plan to overthrow Quietus in post count...

Edit: Crap, that wasn't a PM.

Actual edit (apparently): I'm sad that the boards are smart enough to not flag a quick edit as a post edit. :(

FelixWright

Quote from: Dark-SA-X on September 28, 2016, 10:17:30 PM
My question to you was the default administrator account password protected or not ?
If the administrator account doesn't have a set password, you should be able to log into it no problem.
If it is password protected and you forgot it, you could reset it otherwise you're screwed just like windows 7 sp1 OS's.

Next time that happens use a microsoft accoun, even if the computer isn't online the password will be embedded into the os while being offline.
Saved me a few times where microsoft screwed up on there end while updating my os and here I sit with the microsoft login account.

http://www.howtogeek.com/222262/how-to-reset-your-forgotten-password-in-windows-10/

I already fixed it dude.

Quietus

Testing...

Nope. Looks like the only way round it is a link shortener. :neutral:

snarfblam

You get an F on your test.

Quietus

Quote from: snarfblam on September 29, 2016, 09:34:51 PM
You get an F on your test.
Hehe, I'm curious as to how long ago it was changed. I guess it wasn't used enough. :^_^:

Dark-SA-X

Quote from: FelixWright on September 29, 2016, 08:54:24 PM
Quote from: Dark-SA-X on September 28, 2016, 10:17:30 PM

I already fixed it dude.

Why can't you answer a question, the reason why I asked you because of this:

"Run Windows in Safe Mode. You can do this by clicking the power button and holding shift until recovery options come up. Select "Advanced" options, and then "Change startup options." You will reboot.

Press 4 to run in safe mode. You will be logged in as administrator.

Win+R: cmd

net user administrator /active:yes

reboot the computer.

Sign into Administrator.

Go to C:\Users.

Right Click your dead user's filename and enter properties.

Remove the highlight from the Read-Only box and Apply this setting to all folders, subfolders and files. Some will deny access to becoming read-only, which is fine. Ignore them."

You logging into administration account, you lost the password, so how did windows 10 let you back in without it.
It should have kept you logged out till you reset it the right way.

Never mind it then.  :neutral:

Zero Dozer

May I leave a cool thing I made recently?

I made a 100% 2Hrs- walkthrough of Metroid: Zero Mission. It's complete and covers tons of spots. Annotations are in portuguese, but I guess even novices can quite much figure out what I'm doing on the videos.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kIU6X3Ok2N0&list=PLgbb8_0DvzunoS0tcVj2Xr9qxyiUXmCDZ&index=1

Zero One

I am now officially a developer for Frontwire Studios working on Galaxy in Turmoil!

thedopefish

Quote from: Zero One on October 02, 2016, 02:15:12 PM
I am now officially a developer for Frontwire Studios working on Galaxy in Turmoil!

That's awesome!  Both their website and the Steam entry for the game are pretty damn sparse on details (owing to it being in the early stages of development no doubt), so I can't comment much on the game itself.  But grats on landing a game dev job working with Unreal.