News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

Super Metroid: Ancient Chozo.

Started by albert v., December 17, 2017, 03:52:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mars06

I can't get it working, I'm using Snes9x.

albert v.

Quote from: Mars06 on January 18, 2018, 05:29:07 PM
I can't get it working, I'm using Snes9x.

that's weird, maybe you patch the wrong rom ..

FPzero

I see you updated your first post and the patch a couple days ago. Is this the new version with the changes you recently talked about?

Steel Sparkle

I have played the new version and i have to say i like the changes made.

DonnyDonovan

What's different?   Trying to decide if it's worth a replay.

MetroidX

Quote from: Steel Sparkle on January 21, 2018, 07:24:33 AM
I watched your play through of the first version. Would you say you prefer this version over the original one?

Steel Sparkle

Quote from: MetroidX on January 21, 2018, 02:49:07 PM
Quote from: Steel Sparkle on January 21, 2018, 07:24:33 AM
I watched your play through of the first version. Would you say you prefer this version over the original one?
I would say yes.

albert v.

Of course it's worth it, I've made several changes since December, and will continue to adding more new rooms in future versions.  :yay:

UDtheAesir

Knew this was a great hack to play when I first saw the screenshots. When I finally got the chance to play it, wasn't disappointed with your version of vanilla, like the way you feel like it should be. I love it, period. It's great to be nostalgic when you're looking into the details with Crateria and Brinstar. I can tell you took on aspects of the abandoned Arboretum project. I look forward to what you've done with Lower Norfair when I get the chance! In the meantime, found a permastuck in Maridia:

albert v.

Quote from: UDtheAesir on January 21, 2018, 10:05:07 PM
Knew this was a great hack to play when I first saw the screenshots. When I finally got the chance to play it, wasn't disappointed with your version of vanilla, like the way you feel like it should be. I love it, period. It's great to be nostalgic when you're looking into the details with Crateria and Brinstar. I can tell you took on aspects of the abandoned Arboretum project. I look forward to what you've done with Lower Norfair when I get the chance! In the meantime, found a permastuck in Maridia:

Thanyou for your thoughts, like i said this is only the begining maybe i start a totar diferent project but not sure, this consums a lot a time and theres a lot new stuff to learn before, i really want to let this hack be the most perfect posible.
Also wil fix that in next update :) thanks

MetroidX

Permastuck found early in the game:

albert v.

Quote from: LiquidDreams on January 16, 2018, 08:01:09 AM
Cool. I was going to play the first version but since you're releasing another I'll just wait for the new thing. I'd seen that original video of the mod on youtube (maybe a year ago) and I thought it looked interesting then. I'm glad that you managed to complete it. Congratulations.

MetroidX

Completed the game last night. At first I felt disappointed in that this hack followed same sequence as the vanilla version. As I made my way through the game, I started seeing the aesthetics and while the rooms remained similar in perimeter, the interiors had its uniqueness. Another improvement were the boss's difficulty level. I actually had to learn how to use strategy to defeat them instead of just rushing in like Rambo. My favorite was against Golden Torizo.

OK, things that you got right: Better boss fights, new aesthetics, new abilities, fun puzzles, new sounds/music, great vision, removed intro Ceres

There were few stuff here and there that I wasn't too happy with : removing the item acquisition sound,  could have slightly deviated from Vanilla room design to make it original, having the x-ray at the end?

So in the end, I had more great things to say and therefore this hack is fantastic to those who don't want to play a completely redesigned hack and instead just want to have an overall fun new experience with a familiar sequence.

Cheers!

UDtheAesir

Not sure if others found this permastuck before, but here it is:

albert v.

Quote from: UDtheAesir on January 30, 2018, 09:57:05 PM
Not sure if others found this permastuck before, but here it is:

Thankyou

albert v.

Quote from: MetroidX on January 26, 2018, 04:37:33 PM
Completed the game last night. At first I felt disappointed in that this hack followed same sequence as the vanilla version. As I made my way through the game, I started seeing the aesthetics and while the rooms remained similar in perimeter, the interiors had its uniqueness. Another improvement were the boss's difficulty level. I actually had to learn how to use strategy to defeat them instead of just rushing in like Rambo. My favorite was against Golden Torizo.

OK, things that you got right: Better boss fights, new aesthetics, new abilities, fun puzzles, new sounds/music, great vision, removed intro Ceres

There were few stuff here and there that I wasn't too happy with : removing the item acquisition sound,  could have slightly deviated from Vanilla room design to make it original, having the x-ray at the end?

So in the end, I had more great things to say and therefore this hack is fantastic to those who don't want to play a completely redesigned hack and instead just want to have an overall fun new experience with a familiar sequence.

Cheers!

I only want to let you know that the credits for moves, fast enemies, fast bosses, elevators etc. belons to Grime, since this is a hack starter it Frome another hack the changes on bosses and many stuff is made by Grime, I made entire level design, palettes, grafics and add way more stuff.

altoiddealer

I've been playing maybe a half hour so far, and I just want to pop in and say I'm really enjoying this.

The new environment graphics are incredible!

Although some of the changes from vanilla are more subtle than others, it's apparent that great care and consideration was put into every edit.

Hope to eventually play more from you!

albert v.

Quote from: altoiddealer on January 31, 2018, 02:28:01 PM
I've been playing maybe a half hour so far, and I just want to pop in and say I'm really enjoying this.

The new environment graphics are incredible!

Although some of the changes from vanilla are more subtle than others, it's apparent that great care and consideration was put into every edit.

Hope to eventually play more from you!

THANKYOU!

:yay: I'm glad that you like it! i been following you from long long time ago and let me tell you i really like you work! those videos on youtube are fantastic :razz: Right now I'm gong to start working on the next update area of this hack adding more detail on norfair  and make new short cuts adding new rooms etc. i have made a new mode that i called "Prime mode"  i had only a little issue with the mini map but its not big deal, this mode adds new HUD and let samus use each beam at the time and while is switching the beam sprite shows on the HUD, maybe i'll record some demo video, but this is only as extra mode. Yes i really pay attention on each tile because i like my work to be the most perfect possible there's going to be more of this new secrets new rooms, maybe new sprites. My priority is the main screen i want to add a different graphics on the background, as metaquarius does to his hacks i like the way he work does on them.

altoiddealer

Quote from: albert v. on January 31, 2018, 04:09:18 PM

:yay: I'm glad that you like it! i been following you from long long time ago and let me tell you i really like you work! those videos on youtube are fantastic :razz:
Yeah?  There is at least one person on YouTube who ripped off my avatar and is using it - so you may be confused with someone else?

I've only shared on YouTube: Development of my M.U.G.E.N. fighting character Jailbot // Concert recordings of the band The Disco Biscuits // and iPhone themes (a long time ago)

If I am who you think I am... then thanks!  Glad you also enjoy my work  :cool:

Hackmi

yo Albert.V
I can help you use MEngine if you want to move to that.
This hack looks amazing.

albert v.

Quote from: Hackmi on February 04, 2018, 09:39:56 AM
yo Albert.V
I can help you use MEngine if you want to move to that.
This hack looks amazing.

That will be awesome! Thanks I want to start  working on this engine too, let's contact by PM

UDtheAesir

Beat it in 7:24, 93% items. Good hack overall. Escape was.. interesting, heh. Having to use the X-ray Scope to find your way through was pretty good. A little strange, but interesting nonetheless! Looking forward to your next version!

steventylerseanherr

the tilework in this hack is very VERY amazing.
who made the samus sprites?

albert v.

Quote from: steventylerseanherr on March 04, 2018, 05:27:54 AM
the tilework in this hack is very VERY amazing.
who made the samus sprites?

Thanks! And about samus, i worked very hard on those sprites! When Samus shows up and she is on the elevators, save stations, are  made by me.  And while  she is sideways is From a guy on YouTube, I can say i made almost half work on those sprites I remember I spent several hours on that! Because this changes take a lot a time editing I think this guy release a patch of this! But there's no way will look the same, because like I said I put much work on my version.

steventylerseanherr

ok as long as you dont take full credit for it. :grin:

according to this post(http://forum.metroidconstruction.com/index.php/topic,4512.0.html)
Physix made the original sprites but he likes to take credit for things he didn't do so who knows