News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

Super Metroid: Ancient Chozo.

Started by albert v., December 17, 2017, 03:52:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

djcdubz

UGH, thanks. That is terrible news haha. Getting down there was hard enough (but totally awesome; I recommend this as well as the hell run to the speed booster and out which is tight).

I am now trying the back tunnel entrance, so maybe it's already possible.

Albert, if possible though, can you please:

-change the coding for the statue

Thanks. I'd really love to see suitless RBO be possible and I'm close to getting to Ridley.

Edit: So it is possible the back way. I'd still love to see it though the traditional LN entrance.

SirAileron

You could perform crystal flash in the morph ball tunnel that has the super missile block to go the back way to Screw Attack. I believe the green gate is gone in the one room on the way there. I didn't do it suitless, but I did get there backwards.

albert v.

In the statue room that lowers the acid, you just need to use a power bomb to get rid of the BTS blocks that it's covering the body, also you can still going directly to Ridley's room without fighting Golden torizo,  it's something that you need to figure out by yourself tho,  but it has to do with enemies before sealed doors.

djcdubz

Quote from: albert v. on July 28, 2022, 12:39:54 PM
In the statue room that lowers the acid, you just need to use a power bomb to get rid of the BTS blocks that it's covering the body, also you can still going directly to Ridley's room without fighting Golden torizo,  it's something that you need to figure out by yourself tho,  but it has to do with enemies before sealed doors.

I figured out the sealed doors room and was able to get to Ridley.

I power bombed the statue to remove the blocks covering the body as you said, but I'm still not getting the statue to activate regardless.

Badsy_Edgecat

if you do ever make an update to clean up more stuff, can Red Tower be made more lenient? im having a ton of trouble with freezing the fast moving little enemies that only pop out when you jump past them

edit: and also, please change how the electrified water hurts you. it is INCREDIBLY difficult to escape it once you've fallen in

albert v.

I've read many complains about that electric water room, I should've  mentioned that if  the player uses the charge beam and jumping this will make samus invulnerable to the electricity for a moment, just as it does with the torrets in draygon's room.

RodBlanc

Hey, this might be a bit weird but, do you have an IPS of only the mechanics and sprite work of ancient chozo to apply?
Basicaly I want to play super with all the graphical and gameplay changes Ancient chozo has but keeping the same Map Layout and Tile set positions of the Vanilla game.
I though about just getting ancient chozo and recriating the vannilla layout but I would need to do it tile by tile witch will take a while.
So I thought maybe since you have all the sources you could create an IPS containing the gameplay and all the sprites but none of the map changes. So when we apply to the vanilla game it will look and feel like ancient chozo, the vannila scenario sprites being replaced by your new ones, but with the layout and tile set being the same.

Yes I know this sounds idiotic, but theres a reason. I was speaking with the creators of Map Rando about having map rando on a rom hack and they said their code only works on vannilla because it was programed with the vanilla tileset and map layout, but if a rom hack has the same no matter the other changes, sprite phisics and other stuff it would be possible to adapt to it. And since ancient chozo is my favorite rom hack because it almost feels like a remaster, i'd love to play it with item and map randomizer.

hmsong

It seems that Bomb Jump (although a short one) is necessary to beat this.  Specifically, you need to do that right after obtaining the first S.Missile (ie after Spore Spawn).  Or did I miss something?