News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

Super Metroid: Abstract (WIP)

Started by JamieWebb16, January 05, 2010, 04:37:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JamieWebb16

Finally have brinstar! Take a look!
[spoiler]
[/spoiler]

personitis

1st pic: Never have I seen a tree root/vine/what-have-you the color blue. I'm iffy on that one.
2nd pic: Gold/Orange pink Brinstar. Not completely suiting, nor is it out of place.

MetroidMst

I love the gold.
Blue I don't really care for as a color. (I really like some shades, but as a color I dislike it.) So I really don't see anything I like with the vines. A deeper blue would probably work better.

JamieWebb16

Quote from: MetroidMst on January 26, 2010, 10:23:12 PM
A deeper blue would probably work better.
I darkened the blue a bit, see for yourself.
[spoiler][/spoiler]

Lunaria

The BG does not blend very well at all. (It blends in too much) Try making it either darker or some other color!

Also, eww at one of the greener like colors sticking out so much!

Yellow brinstar: I know for a fact that this looks kick ass with a black BG... as in a BG with texture. Having no BG at all is not cool! :<

personitis

Blue just isn't going to work IMO with the forest Brinstar. Maybe darker green or even a brown might work.

squishy_ichigo

I could have sworn that the name of the hack was Abstract...

so... why would blue not work?

personitis

It is but I personally believe that blue just does not work with plants (in the majority at least). I mean hey, it's the creators hack and they can do what ever they want. Don't let my small opinion change everything.

Zhs2

Quote from: person701's sig
Quote from: Phazar on June 26, 2009, 09:05:55 PM
Since when did people use scientific fact to justify hacking laziness?
If you like blue plants, then go for blue plants. There's nothing wrong with a little alien shade of blue in your tileset! I would, however, suggest a more pervasive blue shading to that landscape thar. It looks ugly right now with the green still, if only slightly, present in there. :/

Lunaria

Quote from: person701 on January 27, 2010, 02:40:03 PM
It is but I personally believe that blue just does not work with plants (in the majority at least). I mean hey, it's the creators hack and they can do what ever they want. Don't let my small opinion change everything.
Hey, remeber prime 2?
You know, agon wastes... yeah, blue plants and trees.  :wink:

personitis

@Zhs2: Ya got me, Yet I'm still gonna john on thinking blue doesn't really work for plants.
@Crys: True... guess that can fall on the exception list. Though remember, not all of Agon was blue. =P

Ok, I'm done critiquing the blue plants. Like I said, It's your hack Jamie, so don't let small little opinions heavily affect your decision.

JamieWebb16

Super metroid abstract won't be called abstract anymore, I've decided to change the hack to Devastation.
I will be using graphics that people released for the public, and some of my own graphics as well, And every room is going to be remade. That is all...for now.

AREA NAMES
Mountain Side
Gloomy Caverns
Central Station
Dark Temple
Deep Waters
Shadows