News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

Super Metroid: Abstract (WIP)

Started by JamieWebb16, January 05, 2010, 04:37:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JamieWebb16

Finally, a topic for abstract, well this is where I will be putting the screen shots and showing more to this side project.

***SCREENSHOTS***

***DESCRIPTION***
Samus, the great bounty hunter will face the most hardest challenges she will ever stand up to when she is sent to an unknown planet by someone named, deep shadow. Who is deep shadow? And why is the planet so similar to zebes? Why does this planet even exist?!.......

***RELEASE DATE***
The release date will be October 14th, 2010

Lunaria

Wow, that's a tight release date. :<

Well, good luck with this!

JamieWebb16

Well, I thought it would take awhile to do this since because I have school, and all that real life shit and stuff. But it might be released more early than expected, so keep watch for it!  :wink:

Lunaria

I ment more in a way that "that's fucking early" :<

JamieWebb16

I've updated the date to October 14th (check first post).

personitis

To me, that'd be a tight frame of work. Hell, I said Rebuild will be done between Fall10-Spring11 but I'll be lucky if it gets done before then. GL though. As said elsewhere, good hack and looking forward to it.

MetroidMst

It is looking good so far. I agree that the EToR is a bit eager, I've been working on Fear for a long time and haven't come close to finishing it, but if you can do it then go ahead. Just make sure not to push out an unfished/ubpolished hack as that will really hurt it.

squishy_ichigo

Quote from: MetroidMst on January 06, 2010, 03:21:29 PM
unfished/ubpolished

Quoted for great justice!
----
That release date is two days before my Birthday. :P
I rushed my first full hack so I could hit my deadline. I really regret that I did that. So from one dude to another dude (I assume your a dude at least.... girls don't use the internet... do they? /me is shot by SadFish) don't be afraid to push back the release date if it means a better overall experience.

DSO

[spoiler]
Quote from: MetroidMst on January 06, 2010, 03:21:29 PM
unfished/ubpolished

Double quoted for greatest justice, it's the reason I don't like AngryFireChozo. Everyone who isn't MetroidMst tells me it's a great hack, but I know how much it suffered from being ubpolished due to the self-imposed deadline. It certainly needed some sadfishing (/me is shot too)...[/spoiler]

It does look reminiscent of Cliffhanger, but also of Stardust. It looks great now, but I have the positive hope you'll develop your style even further.

JamieWebb16

@squishy_ichigo - Well, actually, I never thought of a release date. I did not know how long it would take for me to finish this, since I have school and every thing. But I attend to work fast on this, but I polish a room while doing other rooms. And also since I'm using the original tileset, it should not take too long to finish this, so, that's my story.

@DSO - I don't know about stardust, but it does look similar to cliffhanger.

SirAileron

That bottom-left image looks really familiar... as if that exact room was part of another unfinished hack somewhere else, but I can't remember where it's from. <_<

Other than that, though... looking good. Beautiful Super Metroid hacks are always welcome.

JamieWebb16

Hey! guess what! got two rooms done, yes, TWO ROOMS COMPLETED! (maybe)......

MetroidMst

A redress of the room before spazer. It looks pretty good, I won't complain about it anything there. I will mention that you have a ton of empty verticle space available in the other room. You have like 4 or 5 scroll blocks to use up still... The player wont see that in-game obviously, but I think a better solution for this would be to repoint and expand one of the save station rooms to fit you demonsions exactly, and then you would have this other tall room for something else that maybe would require that many verticle blocks.

Just my opinion. It is also my opinion that the verticle room looks better than your other room.

devonodev

I really like your room design.
Judging from the last 2 pics, I think your hack is going to have a good level of difficulty.

Also, you should probably do something about all that empty space... but I guess if you're not gonna use it, then it doesn't matter.

EDIT: In the first pic, in the middle of the bottom level, is it possible to travel right, out of the morphball hole onto that floating pipe without getting hurt?

JamieWebb16

Quote from: devonodev on January 16, 2010, 04:27:44 AM
In the first pic, in the middle of the bottom level, is it possible to travel right, out of the morphball hole onto that floating pipe without getting hurt?
Yes, there is a way. You have to use diagonal bomb jumping.

Quote from: MetroidMst on January 11, 2010, 06:17:23 PM
A redress of the room before spazer. It looks pretty good, I won't complain about it anything there. I will mention that you have a ton of empty verticle space available in the other room. You have like 4 or 5 scroll blocks to use up still... The player wont see that in-game obviously, but I think a better solution for this would be to repoint and expand one of the save station rooms to fit you demonsions exactly, and then you would have this other tall room for something else that maybe would require that many verticle blocks.

Just my opinion. It is also my opinion that the verticle room looks better than your other room.
It does not lead to spazer, But it lead's to kraid! :^_^:
I might not use that space, but I'll figure something out.
What can I do to make it look better?

MetroidMst

That isn't so easily defined... I love the verticle room except for three spike blocks. The "Spazer" redress just seems to not flow as well to me... Maybe it is the huge CRE bridge up top, but I just feel like something there doesn't belong. Maybe if you change the gray CRE into the blue blocks? I'm not sure that would really do anything. There is just something that feels off when I look at that room.

devonodev

Quote from: JamieWebb16 on January 17, 2010, 03:06:11 PM
Quote from: devonodev on January 16, 2010, 04:27:44 AM
In the first pic, in the middle of the bottom level, is it possible to travel right, out of the morphball hole onto that floating pipe without getting hurt?
Yes, there is a way. You have to use diagonal bomb jumping.
Last night in bed, as I was falling asleep, it suddenly occured to me that you could bomb jump over that gap.
hahah I'm such an idiot

JamieWebb16

I have a question for you all to answer.... should I change the palette, or keep it the way it is?

FullOfFail

Quote from: JamieWebb16 on January 25, 2010, 11:48:11 PM
I have a question for you all to answer.... should I change the palette, or keep it the way it is?

I say make a backup, change it, then post it. That way you can get feedback rather than a simple yes or no answer.

JamieWebb16

Okay! will do! But I will do it when I have time, but right now, I need some sleep.

JamieWebb16

Okay, I am doing crateria first, so here it is.
[spoiler][/spoiler]

Yonowaaru

I likey purply pallety!
No seriously, that looks really good. I'm expecting some more awesomesauce soon.

Lunaria

personitis

Wow, now purple Crateria looks really nice. Good job! ^_^

Damn... I could fap to that.

JamieWebb16

Wow! I guess you guys really like the palette! Well then, I guess I will use it then.
Brinstar will be coming soon....