News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

Metroid Mission Rescue Version 2.5

Started by Mettyk25jigsaw, August 16, 2015, 08:47:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mettyk25jigsaw

To Valholy, that sphay beam bomb slot that is missing in the white door/bomb slot room in messadon only comes into play in hard mode, it's not there for easy and normal, the rest are operable though in easy and normal mode in that room...
  Where to go?

[spoiler]You need to be in the ship room and use the room on the top left of ship room, I know the ship room is sector 2 but you can get to this next room past the ship before accessing the swinger and this next room is sector 1, so I thought it made more sense to name it sector 1 on hint room...it can be a bit confusing I spose this one but that was the method I used when naming the sectors in hint room...This is all just in case you were curious...[/spoiler]

valholy

Quote from: Mettyk25jigsaw on October 31, 2015, 12:16:12 AM
To Valholy, that sphay beam bomb slot that is missing in the white door/bomb slot room in messadon only comes into play in hard mode, it's not there for easy and normal, the rest are operable though in easy and normal mode in that room...
  Where to go?

[spoiler]You need to be in the ship room and use the room on the top left of ship room, I know the ship room is sector 2 but you can get to this next room past the ship before accessing the swinger and this next room is sector 1, so I thought it made more sense to name it sector 1 on hint room...it can be a bit confusing I spose this one but that was the method I used when naming the sectors in hint room...This is all just in case you were curious...[/spoiler]

I'm afraid you'll need to be more specific. The top-left most room leads me to a Sector Switch which then leads me to Smachoghr where I'm currently stuck here:

And to make sure, as your wording 'before accessing the swinger' is confusing me, I have Swinger and need to advance towards the next item (Wall Booster, judging by the next currently unreachable hint).

Mettyk25jigsaw

[spoiler]Of course, silly me, I should have thought of that, sorry. To make them doors open, you'll have to defeat spore spawn and crocomire first, there's actually a clue inside smachoghr room for  this, but is hard to wake up to...Bit of advice, do crocomire first then spore spawn, and when you do crocomire, make sure you bomb both those bomb slots nearby to him because they make the doors appear that you shoot nearby to both mini boss rooms which then opens the 2 white doors in smachoghr, the third white door down the very bottom, well you must open the magenta door first kill an enemy inside door with mega racheta and then the door will open...Good luck...[/spoiler]

PS: with the accessable B4 swinger thing, nothing to worry about, I was just making a note unless you wondered why I put sector 1 in as clue to start of journey instead of sector 2 since the ship room is in sector 2...

valholy

Quote from: Mettyk25jigsaw on October 31, 2015, 01:15:20 AM
[spoiler]Of course, silly me, I should have thought of that, sorry. To make them doors open, you'll have to defeat spore spawn and crocomire first, there's actually a clue inside smachoghr room for  this, but is hard to wake up to...Bit of advice, do crocomire first then spore spawn, and when you do crocomire, make sure you bomb both those bomb slots nearby to him because they make the doors appear that you shoot nearby to both mini boss rooms which then opens the 2 white doors in smachoghr, the third white door down the very bottom, well you must open the magenta door first kill an enemy inside door with mega racheta and then the door will open...Good luck...[/spoiler]
I actually killed Spore Spawn awhile ago while exploring (it was quite the painful surprise), though I have no idea where Crocomire is. Where is he at?

Mettyk25jigsaw

Super fast response by you and me.... :lol:

[spoiler]Go to the 'very' east of chaud bay in the room half way down the map and to the very right of room, go down from top of room just a tiny bit...Now on the wall on the left is a passageway and that leads to him, you can't go wrong from there......If you are wondering how to get to the very east room of Chaud bay, then go from the very first room you come to in game inside chaud bay, take a left and then further left all the way, till you come to the very end of the morph tunnels...Fall down at bottom and from memory I think this is a wave beam door, anyway it's a door you can open...Good luck...[/spoiler]

valholy

Quote from: Mettyk25jigsaw on October 31, 2015, 01:30:23 AM
Super fast response by you and me.... :lol:

[spoiler]Go to the 'very' east of chaud bay in the room half way down the map and to the very right of room, go down from top of room just a tiny bit...Now on the wall on the left is a passageway and that leads to him, you can't go wrong from there......If you are wondering how to get to the very east room of Chaud bay, then go from the very first room you come to in game inside chaud bay, take a left and then further left all the way, till you come to the very end of the morph tunnels...Fall down at bottom and from memory I think this is a wave beam door, anyway it's a door you can open...Good luck...[/spoiler]

Alright, I beat Crocomire, bombed both Bomb Slots near him and blasted the Purple Door that now has a 'Door Open' floating in front of it.

So I go back and only the right white door is open and the left is sealed, so I went to check on Spore Spawn and I guess I never saved after beating him (relying on save states isn't always good :lol:) so I beat him again, found and bombed another bomb slot, opened two flashing doors that don't lead anywhere, then made my way back and... the left door is still sealed? If Spore Spawn has a door near it similar to Crocomire's Purple Door I have been unable to find it. Help?

UPDATE: Managed to find it. Opening the two doors so the enemy could break the tiles was clever as hell.

Aran;Jaeger

By the way, has anyone else also already figured out how to IBJ in this hack? :grin: :razz:

valholy

I've found the Velocity Boots and made my way through Base Zero Sector 3 and into Chaud Bay where I am in this room:

I can't get the white door open. I hit both the Racheta and Mega Racheta switches and they removed blocks from the wall that seem to lead nowhere. How do I get the door open? I can't go back the way I came as I fall through the floor up the upper area of the room.

Mettyk25jigsaw

[spoiler]Those switches and it's paths that do lead nowhere are there just to let you out of the room, otherwise you can't, it's just a simple puzzle that I wanted to put in the game....You need to be in the room before that, near the top left door of this room, go to morph ball mode and roll left into the wall....Good luck...[/spoiler]

EDIT: Sorry missed part of your post:

[spoiler]You can get back from where you came from actually, try bombing those platforms up the top, (all of them)...[/spoiler]

valholy

Quote from: Mettyk25jigsaw on November 01, 2015, 12:27:39 AM
[spoiler]Those switches and it's paths that do lead nowhere are there just to let you out of the room, otherwise you can't, it's just a simple puzzle that I wanted to put in the game....You need to be in the room before that, near the top left door of this room, go to morph ball mode and roll left into the wall....Good luck...[/spoiler]
How do I get back to the top left of that room? I fall through the floors.

UPDATE: Nevermind, bombing the floor sends a gate across, clever.  :lol:

JAM

I made something for you.

1 -- Explosives
2 -- Sphay Beam
3 -- Velocity Boots
4 -- Racheta
5 -- Fuser
6 -- Swinger
7 -- Chiller
8 -- Any weapon
9 -- Hand Grenade
10 -- Quantau Beam
11 -- Mega Racheta
12 -- Cruiser
13 -- Event

Should I continue?

Mettyk25jigsaw

Yes definitely, I'll release a new version for that, wasn't sure if were going to get around to it, but I am glad you have... :cheers:

A Dummy

Thank you so much JAM!  The doors are one of the things that just grated on me with this hack, this will help me enjoy it way more... Once I get around to actually playing past getting the bombs.

Steel Sparkle

Yea that looks really nice. I need to give this hack another shot seeing as most of the bugs have been ironed out. i will wait will those new doors are in then i will give it another go.

valholy

Alrighty, I just got Combo Ball and the next hint says start in Arion Skirts Sector 3 and the item is in Sector 1, only I can't for the life of me figure out where in Sector 3 to go that's now accessible to me to progress and the only suspicious thing I can think of is this:

How in the seven hells am I supposed to get enough speed to break that? Or am I even supposed to yet? What do I do?

Mettyk25jigsaw

The room in that picture is sector 1 and you need to be in sector 3 to find the starting point, sectors go from left to right like you read a book (unless you're in China. :lol:) If you still want to know exactly where to go then open spoiler, then otherwise don't open it...

[spoiler]Go to the very 3rd room you enter from the very beginning of game and use the up most door on the right, should be easy from there...Good luck...[/spoiler]

PS: Further point: Combo ball doesn't just act like a springball, while in ball mode and holding RUN button, you can make it act like a speedbooster except in ball form...(just incase you didn't know--You may need it)

valholy

Quote from: Mettyk25jigsaw on November 01, 2015, 09:04:45 PM
The room in that picture is sector 1 and you need to be in sector 3 to find the starting point, sectors go from left to right like you read a book (unless you're in China. :lol:) If you still want to know exactly where to go then open spoiler, then otherwise don't open it...

[spoiler]Go to the very 3rd room you enter from the very beginning of game and use the up most door on the right, should be easy from there...Good luck...[/spoiler]

PS: Further point: Combo ball doesn't just act like a springball, while in ball mode and holding RUN button, you can make it act like a speedbooster except in ball form...(just incase you didn't know--You may need it)
I found Hand Grenades and am in Bgarnowr Sector 1 looking for Fuser and everywhere I go I seem to require Fuser or Quantau Beam. Where do I go?

PS:As for the pic in my previous post, I was asking how to actually get enough speed to break it as there's no area long enough to charge speed booster, even in Sushi.

Mettyk25jigsaw

[spoiler]
Start where the yellow dot is and follow the green----the red lines are just warpzones and where they go to----finish is at the brown dot...Good luck...
[/spoiler]

PS: Open spoiler...

[spoiler]About how to open speed booster block, try running above the crumble blocks above you nearby, supercharge your velocity boots on top of the crumble blocks and fall down quickly then run fast across to the left, you have to be quick to defeat this task...fall down next to speed block and shinespark onto it...Good luck...[/spoiler]

valholy

Quote from: Mettyk25jigsaw on November 02, 2015, 12:45:26 AM
[spoiler]
Start where the yellow dot is and follow the green----the red lines are just warpzones and where they go to----finish is at the brown dot...Good luck...
[/spoiler]

PS: Open spoiler...

[spoiler]About how to open speed booster block, try running above the crumble blocks above you nearby, supercharge your velocity boots on top of the crumble blocks and fall down quickly then run fast across to the left, you have to be quick to defeat this task...fall down next to speed block and shinespark onto it...Good luck...[/spoiler]

Ok, killed the Gold Torizo and now what the hell am I supposed to do?

According to your map there's a room below this:

Yet the glass will not break.

As for this room:

I see a Bomb Slot in the top right and have no idea what to do with the bird as it hits invisible crumble blocks or how to reach the bomb slot.
I see a Sushi path leading to the right at the bottom of the room but see no way to access it and I've X-Rayed the whole freaking room.

I can go above Gold Torizo's room to be meet with Cruiser Blocks and to go back to where I started while being locked from going back by a Cruiser door.

Here's my map for reference:

What do I do?

(As for that speed booster block, I'll try that when I get back there.)

PS: Why do you love death traps in Gold Torizo fights so much? I can't even imagine how horrible of a time I'll have with the Normal version and I'll probably be to horrified to attempt Hard version. :cry:

Mettyk25jigsaw

[spoiler]You must bomb the bomb slot to make tube explodable...To do that you need your buddy friend bird to clear a path...First shoot the green trigger thing under the door where you first came in, with a racheta. Then Xray near the floor to where the bird is and shoot the blocks that show up, stand close enough to the bird then to activate him and follow him down....Now quickly before the bird starts running across more to the left use a sphay beam while kneeling. Now follow him down all the way to the bottom part of room...Now you need to help the bird by speedboosting a bunch of speed block tiles near the ground, do so and the bird will do the rest. Now shinespark up the path the bird makes, presto, bomb slot is there...Now use your nuclear hand grenades on that tube...Good luck...[/spoiler]

PS...The death traps are escapable, just run further right or left to an alternative set of tiles that look different to those you fall down...And I promise to only do it the once in my second hack, if at all...

valholy

Quote from: Mettyk25jigsaw on November 02, 2015, 02:08:41 AM
[spoiler]You must bomb the bomb slot to make tube explodable...To do that you need your buddy friend bird to clear a path...First shoot the green trigger thing under the door where you first came in, with a racheta. Then Xray near the floor to where the bird is and shoot the blocks that show up, stand close enough to the bird then to activate him and follow him down....Now quickly before the bird starts running across more to the left use a sphay beam while kneeling. Now follow him down all the way to the bottom part of room...Now you need to help the bird by speedboosting a bunch of speed block tiles near the ground, do so and the bird will do the rest. Now shinespark up the path the bird makes, presto, bomb slot is there...Now use your nuclear hand grenades on that tube...Good luck...[/spoiler]

PS...The death traps are escapable, just run further right or left to an alternative set of tiles that look different to those you fall down...And I promise to only do it the once in my second hack, if at all...
... That was a brilliant puzzle. Thanks for the help. (Can't believe I missed those Sphay blocks)

valholy

Sorry for the double post, but I'm stuck again. I've beaten Draygon and have made my way to this room:

Now I know there is a switch in the room below me, but it's white and I can't do anything with it. I've even gone and killed all the enemies to no avail and I'm currently locked in this room by two white doors. What am I supposed to do?

Mettyk25jigsaw

[spoiler]This one I think I need a video upload as I would find hard to explain, just bear with me, hopefully no more than 40 minutes from now and I'll have it up, I hope...[/spoiler]

Mettyk25jigsaw

Ok, here's a video Valholy...

[spoiler]https://youtu.be/-b5OVX_xMiA[/spoiler]

valholy

... How do you come up with this stuff!?

Anyway, after several tries of nailing that shinespark, I made it through the room and got Quantau Beam. Thanks for the video.

Also, something I forgot to ask in my last post:

While being lost in Bgarnowr I remembered this switch having a Fuser block in front of it, so I went back there and after shooting it and scouring the room I can't seem to figure out what it does. What does it do?