News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

Introduce Yourself!

Started by Phazar, May 17, 2009, 05:59:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quietus

Welcome to no-longer-lurking territory. :^_^:

Zeke

Hmm, I haven't introduced myself either. m2k2ers know me already; everyone else, hi. I'm Zeke, my site is FiveMinute.net, and I'm one of the m2k2 hack forum mods. I don't make hacks myself, but I'm a very enthusiastic player of them.

Quote from: zephyrtronium on November 05, 2011, 05:13:11 AMI'd love to see anyone do the jumping Corollax post-Ridley

Yeah, uNsane once told me he can only do that one try in -- waaaaait a minute.

UpperDav

Hi everybody!

Because I'm a little sick of always having to introduce myself, I'll copy-paste this:

QuoteName: UpperDav
From: Quebec (For those who doesn't know, it's a Canadian province)
Job: Studying (If we can consider it as a job)
Favorite games: Zelda, Sonic and, of course, Metroid (I'm a big fan of Samus)
Favorite movie: As long as it's a good one, I don't really care.
Favorite character: Samus (does this surprise anyone?)
Currently working on a Metroid fangame.

I can also say that I'm a Metroid fan since I got Prime when I was in grade five, I've played all Metroid games except Metroid Prime Pinball (which I don't consider as a Metroid game), my favorite Metroid game is Prime and I've never hacked and will never hack anything (I'd rather start creating a game from nothingness instead of creating one from already-made codes).

I think that's all and
QuoteI hope that you won't make me feel sorry for coming here!
Yep. Another copy-paste thing.

SigSauer

Job: I cook pizzas
Favorite Games: LoZ: Majora's Mask, Super Metroid/Zero Mission, Prime (stuck on Prime 2 at the damned Boost Ball Guardian!!), Unreal Tournament, Team Fortress 2, Half Life 2, Chrono Trigger, Fire Emblem: Path of Radiance
Favorite Characters: Definitely a toss up between pre Other M-era Samus, OoT/MM-era Link, Magus (Chrono Trigger), and Ike (FE: PoR).

I can't hack, and have no knowledge on how any of that sort of thing works, but I do enjoy level design on programs like Unreal Editor, Hammer, and the UDK. My design knowledge comes from Unreal, and while I can't hack ROMs, I can offer some design advice here and there. While I can't hack, I can say that I'm in love with the idea of 'multiplayer Metroid' in the style of Super or Zero Mission... Arena play fascinates me, and Metroid is the perfect medium for a well-balanced experience. Outside of anything on the computer, I enjoy writing and drawing.

Quietus

I spent many hours tinkering with UnrealEd 2.0, but never managed to get a map to where I would say it was complete.

It doesn't help when you see maps from people like Revelation, who makes your maps look like you just opened the editor for the first time. :neutral:

Zero One

Yeah, I'm the same. I've been using Unreal Ed since UT99 came out (when I was 5, believe it or not; 13 years ago) and I still can't create anything that I'm truly proud of. But that's because, for me, I can't be truly proud of it unless its my meshes using my textures. As awesome as the Unreal packages are, to unlock its full potential, you've really got to go fully custom.

Quietus

Nah, I'm old school.  Hand built all the way for me. :^_^:

Zhs2

Unreal? What's that? I've got Doombuilder here on my desktop, I gots mah GZDoom, but I ain't never heard of no Unreal. :oh:

Although, I haven't touched the stuff to edit in about a year...

FullOfFail

I've always had an interest in editors too. Although not a editor, SimCity is one of, if not my favorite game(s). I used to mess with the FarCry editor on the Xbox, good times were had. Some of my youngest memories are of drawing Megaman levels on paper, so I guess I've always had a interest in this type of thing.

Quietus

Quote from: Zhs2 on January 27, 2012, 10:16:51 AMI've got Doombuilder here on my desktop, I gots mah GZDoom
Some of the single player episodes / mods for Doom are fantastic.  I remember the Aliens one, and also a .wad called Caldera? (Might be for Hexen...) I also remember somebody recreating Absolution (N64) for the PC, though they changed the secret key levels.

Loves me some Doom (Hexen too). :^_^:

chrismk

Hi Metconst!

Chris Merkand at your service ;)

City: Tecate (An small but a peaceful town in my loved Mexico).
Job: Infopreneur, market researcher, investor.

I'm interested in finances, business, marketing, social media, videogames, traveling, anime and "alternative" music. My native language is Spanish, so don't expect a perfect English.

I'm a Metroid and Zelda fan since I was 4 years old. I'm interested in making a Super Metroid Mod because I love this game and I want to increase it's gameplay and replayability. I have ear a lot (and watched a few videos) about a Metroid Redesign Mod and his plausible characteristics , I've never played it, so I hope to make something different and as good as that Mod.

I'm still learning, but soon you will see a few contributions from me.  :^_^:

Quietus

If you haven't played Redesign, you should make it one of your first goals.  Not everybody gets on with it, and even less probably finish it, but nobody can deny that it opened the doors for most other hackers to start their hacking journey.

chrismk

Thanks Quietus, I'll do it tomorrow  :^_^:

Hazard Remiix

My name is Evan
I live in California
Picture: [spoiler][/spoiler]
I'm a 4.0 student in 7th grade
I'm 12 years old.
I love making/creating games.

Yuki

Hi, I'm poke2mon3. I'm the project leader of a metroid fan-game, and an avid hack player. My project is dedicated to creating a fan made metroid 5. If you want to check us out, the link to our forums is in my Sig. I hope to have a great time here! I also at some point may learn how to hack super, for fun.

fuducker81

<- Pretty much describes me.  :lol:

Quietus

Welcome, peeps!

I'm Quietus, and I'm probably now classed as part of the furniture. :^_^:

Zhs2

Furniture isn't knowledgeable, much less about hacking.

Furniture doesn't have manners (nor does it need them.)

Furniture isn't polite and cordial. It's furniture. (Not you.) :^_^:

Also, furniture can't post.

Scyzer

Blarget2

Quietus

Quote from: Zhs2 on February 13, 2012, 06:03:20 PM[Furniture information.]
Aw, you.  You're just trying to sweeten me up for Valentine's Day. :wub:

Quote from: Scyzer on February 13, 2012, 08:05:04 PMYou are a chair darling.
Chairs are for sittin' on, right? :wink:

Cossack Eder

Hey gang, new here in town. New to rom hacking, in general. Just seeing if anyone could give me any pointers on where to get started.

MetroidMst

Cossack Eder

Thanks man, much appreciated.

MetroidMst

It is no problem. Most of the questions you would have at this point should be answered in those. (At least for Super Metroid and SMILE.) Some of the more advanced questions are probably answered too, but they are buried in the Engine Works board so they will require some searching. However, those first things should do for a good while until you get the basics down.