News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

Introduce Yourself!

Started by Phazar, May 17, 2009, 05:59:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quietus

In my younger years I was quite the athlete, but now it's more a case of 'I could probably run if I had to'.  Probably.

Welcome to the forum. :^_^:

zephyrtronium

Hello, I'm zephyrtronium.

Quietus

OK.  Thanks for letting us know.

snarfblam

Quote from: zephyrtronium on May 13, 2013, 05:43:21 PM
Hello, I'm zephyrtronium.
Hmm... why does that name ring a bell?

zephyrtronium

It says it to the left of where you read that, too, so maybe you saw it there first and then you read it again to ring said bell.

Quote58

Quoteif only to distract myself from this garbage for a while.
Get. Out. Now.

Seriously though, didn't see the intro post when it was posted, so this is a tad late.
Welcome to the forums! you sound like a pretty okay guy (save for the grease thing), so I wish you the best of luck with your hacking and running and all that.
If you have any questions about gfx editing/making/using or moderate asm, I'd be happy to help. (though of course there is always engine works, but w/e)

Vismund Cygnus

Quote from: Shadow96 on May 13, 2013, 11:01:20 PM
Quoteif only to distract myself from this garbage for a while.
Get. Out. Now.

Seriously though, didn't see the intro post when it was posted, so this is a tad late.
Welcome to the forums! you sound like a pretty okay guy (save for the grease thing), so I wish you the best of luck with your hacking and running and all that.
If you have any questions about gfx editing/making/using or moderate asm, I'd be happy to help. (though of course there is always engine works, but w/e)
Ugh, it's just, musicals in general. I'm not a "musicals" kind of person. More of a musician.
I might have to take you up on the asm, I'm getting the hang of it, slowly.
Expect a half hack of sorts by the end of the year! (Maybe :P)

personitis

Quote from: Vismund Cygnus on May 14, 2013, 03:50:18 AM
Expect a half hack of sorts by the end of the year! (Maybe :P)
This is what a lot of people say. Then time starts to pass and nothing is ready yet. That's fine and dandy though. We're a pretty slow bunch when it comes to getting hacking done anyway. :lol: Welcome to the forum. Enjoy your stay.

Zehq

Ok, well, I'm the new bloke around these parts, and I'm starting to develop a hack for Super Metroid. Err, I'm awkward at introductions, so I'm going off what's off the first post. xD
What do I do?
What Games I play?
Well, I play Battlefield 3 on the Xbox 360 most of the time, as well as numerous other things.

So, well.. ah... err... uhm... Hurro!

Quietus

Howdy doody, newcomer.  Make yourself at home. :^_^:

Digital_Mantra

Hi my names Bryan and I'm an alcoholic. ..wait wrong forum.

Quietus

I remember going to a work conference once, and some guy stood up and said that.  The room fell deathly silent, since they'd heard (and groaned about) it so many times before.  The guy was so embarrassed, and the rest of his talk must have been hell.

Julia

hey guys
Julia here, most people call me Jules, I am a new member as of yesterday :) I am a nurse and from the UK.
hopefully talk to you guys soon. look forward to interacting with you all on the forum.
regards,
Jules

Quietus

A female nurse from the UK? :whoa:

Welcome to MetConst.  Enjoy your stay. :^_^:

* Quietus pats himself on the back for behaving himself.

On a slightly more serious note, I applaud you for your work.  I work in the care industry myself, and nurses and carers can never be paid enough in my opinion.

Vismund Cygnus

Quote from: Quietus on July 19, 2013, 03:39:34 PM
I work in the care industry myself
By this, he means they care for him.  :wink:
But welcome! Hopefully you hang around so I don't have to feel like the newbie.  :^_^:

Quietus

Quote from: Vismund Cygnus on July 20, 2013, 11:32:35 PM
Quote from: Quietus on July 19, 2013, 03:39:34 PMI work in the care industry myself
Hey, you been talking to MetroidMst?  If he was being honest, he'd tell you that the lab I'm kept in during the week has some nice people monitoring me.  Of course, at the weekend (when they turn me loose) I'm free to terrorise all of MetConst. :heheh:

Vismund Cygnus

Quote from: Quietus on July 21, 2013, 05:35:29 PM
Quote from: Vismund Cygnus on July 20, 2013, 11:32:35 PM
Quote from: Quietus on July 19, 2013, 03:39:34 PMI work in the care industry myself
Hey, you been talking to MetroidMst?  If he was being honest, he'd tell you that the lab I'm kept in during the week has some nice people monitoring me.  Of course, at the weekend (when they turn me loose) I'm free to terrorise all of MetConst. :heheh:
See, that can't be true, because you're here several times daily! Unless of course you snuck something in with you...

Quietus

Quote from: Vismund Cygnus on July 21, 2013, 05:40:42 PMSee, that can't be true, because you're here several times daily! Unless of course you snuck something in with you...
Shhhh... :suspect:

Chozo

Hi. My name is Chozo. However I don't mind if you call me Scott. I have always been a Metroid addict and always loved Metroid. I'm more of a PC gamer now and seeing that Metroid, Metroid hacks and other various things can be played on the PC now, I thought I'd take the advantage of joining in this community of (hopefully) lovely people.

Quietus

You're so wrong about the community here.  We're all ogres. :oh:

Oh, and I admit to regularly partaking of the same hobby as you. :^_^:

personitis

Join the IRC at your own risk. Welcome to the community otherwise.

The Monster of Surrealton

Hello, I am The Monster of Surrealton.

[spoiler=The Legend of Surrealton]
A king of all things monster, The Monster of Surrealton hails from Surrealton, a town no one has ever heard of that is known for it's monster sightings.

We live in the mountains.

We hide in your closets.

We hide under your bed.

We steal your picnic baskets.

We steal the last cookie from the cookie jar.

Beware us.

We're monsters.

BYARGH!!!!!!

[/spoiler]

I've recently taken an interest in playing romhacks because I watch ShyGuyExpress' videos. I have a Youtube channel which was originally used to show off my artwork years ago, but now, it's for romhacks and stuff.

Romhack-wise, I've mostly played Super Metroid hacks and some NES Metroid hacks.

Finally, Logitech hates Mochballing.

Quietus

At least it makes a change from players hating it. :^_^:

Jordan5

It's nice to see someone else who found this place from ShyGuyExpress/MetroidMst.
Anyway, welcome from a fellow newbie  :^_^:

Link Jankens

Hi everybody! Just wanted to introduce myself to you all. My name is Link Jankens and I recently started up a new Let's Play channel. As of late, I've been doing mostly older games, including Super Metroid (actually mostly Super Metroid, I just started) and I only recently started doing some of the hacks I've found on here. Please come check it out, it would be much appreciated, but keep in mind that I literally just started. I will be including all sorts of games in the very near future.

Please come check out my channel, and keep up the AWESOME work you all are doing!

This is my channel here:
https://www.youtube.com/user/LinkJankens