News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

General Projects Screenshots/Vids Thread

Started by Zhs2, May 15, 2009, 10:44:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Quietus

I like it, though a minimal amount of tile editing would make fake layering available to you, which'd help with the appearance.

Quote58

Hey, so here's something to look at.
[spoiler][/spoiler]
[spoiler][/spoiler]
I have some ideas for a hack, but shall disclose no more than this, for now.
Also, I know it's way to bright and there are some black line issues, they will be fixed, fear not.

Edit: better pictures.

SigSauer

Quote from: Blarget2 on January 23, 2012, 09:01:52 PM

I actually love this coloring for a Metroid setting. A vast, above-ground environment with this type of 'lighting' and coloration would be amazing.

Quote from: Shadow96 on January 25, 2012, 10:45:46 PM
Hey, so here's something to look at.

Would that happen to be a room from Fusion?

Quote58

Quote from: SigSauer on January 26, 2012, 08:11:19 PM
Would that happen to be a room from Fusion?
It would indeed...
And blarget, that is a kick ass pallet.

Quote58

[spoiler][/spoiler]
I have a video that shows the whole room and the room connected at the top right. There are lots of enemies and speed blocks and such, so it's annoying that photobucket doesn't seem to want to upload it. Also, there is the spore fx1 for snow.

Quietus

The light blue patches behind the ramps stand out like a sore thumb.  It might help to create a filler tile with both the dark and light blue to make the transition less abrupt.

Qactis

^ That, and also I'd try to draw some extra filler tiles for the FG while you're at it. It's kinda plain

snarfblam

Zero One

I would call it awesome, but I believe it to be an understatement of epic proportions.

Mon732

Charmander106

Digital_Mantra

I've been waiting years to play a nestroid hack now..

snarfblam

Quote from: Digital_Mantra on February 06, 2012, 12:18:39 AM
I've been waiting years to play a nestroid hack now..

It'll probably be years yet...  :heheh:

I'm working on (re)expanding the ROM to make my hack bigger and more detailed.

Zhs2

I hereby dub this excellent demake composition "Redtroid Brinstar."

Qactis

Quote from: snarfblam on February 06, 2012, 06:11:08 PM
I'm working on (re)expanding the ROM to make my hack bigger and more detailed.
Speaking of which, and just out of curiosity, how much space can be added to M1?

snarfblam

The game was originally 128 KB. I've added 128 KB which can be used for level data (the original game had 12 KB of level data), and 128 KB that can be used for graphics. That's as big as it can get without a full mapper hack.

But I need to hack the screen-loading routines to allow the game to use all that free space.

Scyzer

Mon732

Scyzer: That's a nice take on smile.
Anyone else try to click the buttons?

Zhs2

Malpercio

I would use this SMILE.
That is to say, I would use it if I gave a tenth of a shit about Super Metroid anymore.

Hazard Remiix

Ahhh its like Photoshop for mac ^.^ I want this.

Quote58

Hi. So here's a video.
'tis showing fusion doors with proper animation and speed. Fusion uses 5 frames, super uses four, however the second one isn't very important. Oh, and some other crap like the tileset. But mostly the doors, since no one here seems to have door bubbles that open like in fusion. except maybe scyzer.
[spoiler]http://s1089.photobucket.com/albums/i359/Shadow648/?action=view&current=thisagain.mp4[/spoiler]