News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

Other M Redux (Main Topic Updated) Release date anounnced!

Started by IMetroRat, September 16, 2010, 07:19:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gravity

2 (16.7%)
0 (0%)
5 (41.7%)
2 (16.7%)
EA
3 (25%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Qactis

looks kinda monochrome, and what are those rocks hanging from?

Quietus

I'd grumble more with it being very flat / straight than being monochrome.  Also, those rocks look strange.  Almost like they're dripping down the camera lens. :O_o:

MultiK1llZ

Quote from: Qactis on December 02, 2010, 06:49:04 PM
looks kinda monochrome, and what are those rocks hanging from?

I think he was trying to go for a rocky cave BG look but since the palette for the Layer 1 tiles are exactly the same as the rock palette, they appear to be on the same layer.

My advice for IMetroRat:
Change the palette to something darker like the background palette to add more of a depth effect to the rocks.

Qactis

well if he was intentionally making it monochrome I retract my criticism  :heheh: but the question about the hanging rocks coming from nowhere still stands :p

Tyjet66

Quote from: Quietus on December 02, 2010, 07:06:30 PM
I'd grumble more with it being very flat / straight than being monochrome.  Also, those rocks look strange.  Almost like they're dripping down the camera lens. :O_o:

To remedy the flat/straight appearance, perhaps you could remove the second set of metal flooring (from the left side.)

Silver Skree

My only gripe with it is actually the weird hanging rocks; needs palette change. I don't mind the flatness when those metal platforms are used, and the monochromatic color scheme is kinda appealing.

Quietus

One very minor thing, and this is silly minor: When using the metal platforms, I also flip some of the straights so that the joined part (at the left-hand end of your platforms) is in the middle.  It makes absolutely zero difference, but it just seems more sensible.

VideoGeemer

Quote from: Hiroshi Mishima on November 19, 2010, 03:18:53 PM
My only real suggestion at the moment is that the first room actually looks like a garbled mess. I realize you're probably trying to go for something else, but that's what it honestly looks like. I can't be sure if it's cause there's no background or if it's just too dark, or if it's the vertical rock tiles giving the impression of misplaced walls.. I just don't think that room looks good. Sorry.

From this end, the grey looked too silver when compared with the blue, as though the lighting didn't really agree from surface to surface.

Quote from: MultiK1llZ on November 28, 2010, 02:10:52 AM
Quote from: Hiroshi Mishima on November 27, 2010, 06:08:11 PM
Did anyone else suffer a slight migraine from trying to focus on the "20%" in that image? >_<
I suffered = S This made me feel like I had eye sight problems <_< Oh, and 1700 th Viewer!

I thought it looked cool. You guys are so critical, LOL.

VG