News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

Other M Redux (Main Topic Updated) Release date anounnced!

Started by IMetroRat, September 16, 2010, 07:19:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gravity

2 (16.7%)
0 (0%)
5 (41.7%)
2 (16.7%)
EA
3 (25%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Quietus

Oh, dear.  Please, for the love of [insert deity here], can we avoid another Redesign Plagiarism thread!  The generic metal ramp thing is probably fine, and is widely used by every man and his dog, but the others (looking at the joining tile) are usually only used with permission from Drewseph.  I know of only one person with an in-progress hack that has this permission, so please check first.

geeRSzz

Hi!

Your hack are cool!

If u need someone to publish your hack and create a website, I'm here!
Oh, and i can help u in mapping too !

COOOOOOOOOOOOOL HACK!

Quietus

Wow - Signature overload! :whoa:

Kasel

And that would be me with the permission to use the Redesign sets. ^^  It actually wasn't that hard to get permission.  Just get on IRC and talk to Drewseph when he's not AFK.

IMetroRat

I don't know if you know but i'm banned from the IRC channel.....
Pluse i'm not using these tilesets in my hack :D

Kasel

I actually had no clue that you were banned from IRC.   That sucks.

Quietus

Not really wishing to continue the derailment, but are bans on the IRC channel not akin to those of the forum, in that they are set lengths, with the possibility of redemption for those that stop whatever it was they were perceived to be doing?

Qactis

Quote from: geeRSzz on November 22, 2010, 08:41:11 AM
Hi!

Your hack are cool!

anyways, plz stop using Redesign's s*** for the love of [insert deity here]. Use vanilla or (even better) use something new. At least try GF_Kennon's tilesets. They're open source :D

personitis

Back on topic, out of curiosity, did you happen to use the auto-death patch provided during the halloween contest?

IMetroRat

mhum :D
[spoiler][/spoiler]
VERY UNDONE :(

Hiroshi Mishima

I love the way those ground tiles look palette-wise, I also love the green sky.. but I do not love the way they look together. The grass/moss is clearly clashing/bleeding into the sky/background. It's kinda making my eyes hurt trying to distinguish the two, just a little bit.

If you want to use a greenish skyline, try adding some yellow to that green for a limier colour, something that'd contrast the green of the plants.

Quietus

Agree with Hiroshi.  The sky is too bright for the tiles, and ends up clashing.  Tone down the sky's green parts.

IMetroRat

Best I Can DO
[spoiler][/spoiler]

Hiroshi Mishima

That looks a whole lot better and seems to fit, as well.

I'm a bit unsure by your Poll asking about Gravity, however.

Quietus

Always remember as well that this is YOUR hack, and it's not necessary to take everything we say and put it into action.  Most here are experienced players (if not hackers too), so it'll often be sensible advice, but if you really like something, feel free to stick to your guns!

Lunaria

The brightest two colors gives a bit of a sticky burn.

I suggest putting red and green one step lower and blue one step up on both.

IMetroRat

[spoiler][/spoiler]
BEAST YOUR EYES (VERY OFF TOPIC)

Katelyn

My eyes are not pleased.

Lunaria

Quote from: MultiK1llZ on November 26, 2010, 01:06:30 AM
Quote from: Shadox on November 25, 2010, 10:50:48 PM
My eyes are not pleased.
Agreed :<_<:
^ I'm also starting to think that he really just dislikes me for some reason. <_<;

Hiroshi Mishima

Did anyone else suffer a slight migraine from trying to focus on the "20%" in that image? >_<;

Hmm.. maybe that's a bit strong, it is more like a dull throbbing in the back of my eyes.

Also, my comment about the Poll was that I'm not sure what he's asking about in regards to gravity, so I can't make a choice.

MultiK1llZ

Quote from: Hiroshi Mishima on November 27, 2010, 06:08:11 PM
Did anyone else suffer a slight migraine from trying to focus on the "20%" in that image? >_<
I suffered = S This made me feel like I had eye sight problems <_< Oh, and 1700 th Viewer!

Katelyn

Quote from: MultiK1llZ on November 28, 2010, 02:10:52 AM
Quote from: Hiroshi Mishima on November 27, 2010, 06:08:11 PM
Did anyone else suffer a slight migraine from trying to focus on the "20%" in that image? >_<
I suffered = S This made me feel like I had eye sight problems <_< Oh, and 1700 th Viewer!
I already do have eye problems (glasses), so I really find it annoying. >_<

Kasel

Yeah it was pretty horrible. x.x

IMetroRat