News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

Talk of the Day

Started by squishy_ichigo, May 15, 2009, 11:01:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cloud20

Quote from: Digital_Mantra on December 19, 2014, 09:15:54 PM
Looking forward to listening this evening, will edit this post with feedback at a later time.

edit: feedback as promised
[spoiler]01 wave2004 - love the industrial gritty beats and bassline. melody feels a bit too light for it imo, i was thinking more dark, like S>>D's 33.
02 wave2005 - dig this track, sorta traverses melodic concepts till certain ones stick and that gridlockesque fat beats swell with the sonics.
03 wave2006 - lush ambient beginning, even though the beats work, this track could have done without them and stayed a purely ambient melodic piece.
04 wave2007 - energetic stuff man, also enjoy your grainy surface style. this tracks got style points. awesome track.
05 wave2008 - more laid back tempo to bring you down from wave2007. enjoy the harmonies in this. realy liked this one.
06 wave2009 - my favorite track. has that raster noton palette. i'm gonna love this one on repeat.
07 wave2010 - lush melodies, as stated with 06, i'd enjoy a beatless version.
08 wave2011 - sounds like old tunes era boards of canada in places, and that i can dig. the second half has that early 90s warp sound from their a-listers.
09 wave2012 - this has an 80s industrial synth-pop vibe, but with that signature area xg static background.
10 wave2013 - perfect melody, perfect instruments. nice breakdown beat at the end too. loved this one.
11 wave2014 - lots of ideas in this track, but it ends up being a bit of a mess. still ace production though, just all over the place.

overall very interesting remasters on the wave[20XX] tracks from previous releases. an album i'll be listening to on headphones during my jogs.
you make me want to take making music seriously again. I wouldn't mind belting out an ep before 2015 thanks to hearing these wave sessions.[/spoiler]

Thanks for this nice review DMan. If I can give the energy to create for some people I won everything :) And thanks everyone to listening it. So now, I'm going to buy too christmas presents.  :^_^:

snarfblam

I gave a quick listen to a few of tracks. I intend to give a more thorough listen at some point. Sounded pretty nifty.

Mon732

Most artificial sounds I hear in music have a harsh sound to them. Your music however while it sounds synthetic is pleasant to hear.
Strangely it fits pretty well with Dark Souls.

Borderjumper67

Picked up hacking after almost a year of never touching it. Crazy. :o
Slowly Drowning in Depression isn't always fun either. The past few months have been hell.
But Everything is starting to look up. Hopefully. Hacking is somewhat helping through everything.  :^_^:

Quietus

Just in case I don't get another chance beforehand (I likely will, as I'm a creature of habit), I just want to wish everybody a merry Christmas.  Have a great time, everybody! :cheers:

Retroo

merry christmas here we do christmas on 24 and not 25 :awesome: :awesome: :awesome: :awesome: :awesome: :awesome: :awesome: :awesome: :awesome: :awesome:

Vismund Cygnus

Merry Christmas from Australia where it is actually officially the correct time!  :^_^:

Borderjumper67

Merry Christmas Everybody!@!!!!! :^_^: :yay: :grin: :nod:

Zhs2

Merry... eh. This morning, likely at about 5AM EST, my grandmother stopped breathing. She was sat in her recliner after having been picked up off the floor yesterday evening, about 8:30PM, by fire and rescue, and diagnosed with an extremely high blood sugar level, in approximately the 300s; regardless, she was still attentive and capable enough to physically sign her refusal to go to the hospital and receive any sort of treatment. By the time her night caretaker awoke me and alerted me to the fact that she was no longer breathing, at about 6:30AM, it was already too late - we still got her off of her chair and moved her flat to the floor before attempting CPR and calling emergency services. Following that was the aftermath with relatives being contacted, the gathering in-house for her death preparations and questioning, etc. I went back to bed and got about four hours more sleep before writing this post. I knew it had to be coming, but most of the family concerned agreed on one thing: grandma got her wishes, both with the last call of her medical power of attorney and her preferred location postmortem.

tl;dr rip in piece 300 pound grandma. You will be missed.

SpoOkyMagician

:sad: :cry:

I am sorry to hear this... RIP...

~ SpoOkyMagician

Quietus

Sorry to hear that, Zhs2.  I hope that you and the rest of the family still manage to get some enjoyment out of the Christmas period. :sad:

Parabox

I'm sorry for your loss, Zeke and Trevor.

Digital_Mantra

Sorry to hear that Zeke. I hope your grandmother is like mine. She's a cynical old bat that craves death, always making pre-xmas kick the bucket jokes.
In our family it wouldn't hinder our holiday but give us lots to laugh about in more of a celebration of life rather than a funeral. These things happen.
At least you had the foresight to see this moment coming. All the best to you and your family during this time.

Digital_Mantra

Cloud20

First off, I'm really sorry for your loss Zhs2 :sad:

About Digital Mantra reborning like a phoenix as WindowHead, I will listen it and review it/edit the post, the art covers looks already promising.

Edit 1 :

My review of WindowHD

[spoiler]01.L'se2'Ehl
Ambient track faithful to Digital Mantra's previous stuff, with a nice kind of aquatic kind of IDM/Glitchy beat box, giving a fluid feeling
during all the song. Could feet perfectly in a abyssal world theme.

02.emft .016b
Little nice vocal interlude, preparing for something more rythmic.

03.cutter_hp.S
Probably my favorite one. We enter into something really dark in this one. The haunted distorted melody giving a sickness feeling during the listen, and the voice
around the first minutes reminds me Ohgr and what they did around 2001. I love the glitchy part of the song, great work. Only reproach,
maybe a little bit short.

04.0mega1_RE
Intersting IDM/Glitch piece. The beat it's a little bit louder and robotic.

05.Cxvii_Terra.48
Second little interlude, really having a SF mood.

06.Ptrax w-RSN
Really surprising song, giving something new. The use of electric guitar brings something interesting giving some new perspectives, and stay faithful to your style. The repetition of this gives a strange ambiance, I mean by "strange" something disturbing.

07.AN5base 3C

Love this one particularity, because it's like a drone and noisy track having a "witch house" mood trying to emerge from the song. I love the down pitched vocals and the two notes repeated in background, giving a great and creepy ambiance.

08.vectasim.LS96

This one reminds me Boards of Canada for the childs screaming in background, and the piano more Nine Inch Nails. Nice apocalyptic touch.

09.STS.m0P3y

The most melodic piece. The synth and the rythmic haves something more medieval, reminding some composition made in 8 bits, but here with some
kind of modern electronic instruments.

10.Maja.25lvn.13
Final track, longer and evil. Appears like a diabolic song emerging from the rest of the album. The work on voice samples is nice, almost
scaring.

In overall a quite surprising album, giving some more melodic stuff sometimes, or more experimental with some guitar use. My favorites one are definitely cutter_hp.S ,  STS.m0P3y, AN5base 3C and Ptrax w-RSN, bringing something inedit. Also strangely, the name of tracks reminds me some virus or malwares names, I think we have something to dig with it  :lol:
[/spoiler]

Stay tunned for the second edit

Digital_Mantra

Thanks for the review man. The other album is primarily drone.

personitis

Sure, it's a bit early on (at least) my end, but happy new year and all that jazz. :bounce:

JAM

Zhs2
Man... I feel sorry for that. Shit happens. Sometimes you can do something, sometimes -- not. No matter how hard are you trying. Believe me, I know about what I'm talking. And when you're trying and still got the same result... it feels sucks. Just a bit better than if do nothing. There are... just things you can't control at all. And things you can not change.

I hope you'll feel better someday.

Quote from: retroknuckles on December 24, 2014, 06:55:46 AM
merry christmas here we do christmas on 24 and not 25 :awesome: :awesome: :awesome: :awesome: :awesome: :awesome: :awesome: :awesome: :awesome: :awesome:
Greetings from another dimension. We'll celebrate on January 7th. And I already met XMAS (on 25th) in hell. [spoiler]Yes, I like playing RPG. Yes, I'm drunk hahohe!!!111oneoneeleven whatever... Vodka rules! Hutin puy![/spoiler] And you know what? Hell fears me.

person701
Yes, happy new year. For me it's even a bit late (8.5 hours ago year ZOIS have started here). Still not sleeping.

SpoOkyMagician

Happy New Year everyone. :grin:

~ SpoOkyMagician

Quietus

Happy New Year folks. :^_^:

Cloud20

Happy new year guys  :yay:

Jordan5

Happy New Year everyone! And Cloud, I hope you are wearing something like this now it's 2015. . .  :heheh:

Cloud20

I love cyberpunk style, but I thought seriously to something simpler : the famous returned jean pockets, because it will be a fashion in 2015  :lol:
I beg Santa Claus for an hoverboard but I'm still waiting for it

JAM

Well, it's 2015 already. Yeah. I hope I'll play THAT Wild Gunman version from the movie this year.

Cloud14+1
Hey, Cloud. Buddy. Could you let me drive a little? =) I'll just warp to 1992 and then back. Not going to change something big for all of you.

Cloud20

Sure  :lol:

Happy new year JAM