News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

Talk of the Day

Started by squishy_ichigo, May 15, 2009, 11:01:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zhs2

Are you posting that from prison?

FullOfFail

Nah, from a woman's rehabilitation center. Why?

Quietus

I think women should control of the world.  Us men have made a mess, and they can clean it up. :heheh:

Scyzer

Some people wonder if Australians feel love.

Truth is: no we don't.
Vegemite has a chemical in it which destroys the ability to feel love. Australian children a fed on a diet of this from the moment they are born, so they will be unaffected when the majority of their peers are killed by the heat, drop bears in mating seasons, or shark attacks.

Quote from: Quietus on March 13, 2014, 06:04:41 AM
I think women should control of the world.  Us men have made a mess, and they can clean it up. :heheh:

1. God creates dinosaurs.
2. God destroys dinosaurs.
3. God creates man.
4. Man destroys god.
5. Man creates dinosaurs.
6. Dinosaurs eat man.
7. Women inherit the earth.

Quietus

8. The few remaining men are terrified of being kept solely for mating purposes. :wink:

Vismund Cygnus

Quote from: Scyzer on March 13, 2014, 06:56:06 AM

Vegemite has a chemical in it which destroys the ability to feel love. Australian children a fed on a diet of this from the moment they are born, so they will be unaffected when the majority of their peers are killed by the heat, drop bears in mating seasons, or shark attacks.
Fun fact: A chemical secreted by Kangaroos also gives us an immunity to spider bites, therefore making them not only a vital mode of transport, but extremely useful in increasing our chance of survival until adulthood. Plus, those pouches are just so snuggly and warm, who wouldn't want to ride around in one?

Quietus

Well, my pet name / nickname is Roo, so I'd be well away...

...if I were on the other side of the planet.

It's actually one of the things we take for granted in the UK - we haven't really got any nature that can kill us. :^_^:

Zero One

Quote from: Quietus on March 14, 2014, 06:54:07 AMIt's actually one of the things we take for granted in the UK - we haven't really got any nature that can kill us. :^_^:

What do you think chavs are?

Though, I guess they're more braindead than lethal...

Parabox

Quote from: Quietus on March 13, 2014, 09:50:17 AM
8. The few remaining men are terrified of being kept solely for mating purposes. :wink:
Actually, modern technology has made it possible to create an embryo out of two egg cells, which will then always result into a girl. Men are history as soon as this becomes publically available.

Quietus

Quote from: Parabox on March 14, 2014, 05:49:30 PMmodern technology has made it possible to create an embryo out of two egg cells, which will then always result into a girl. Men are history as soon as this becomes publically available.
But then they wouldn't have anybody to blame everything on... :razz:

Quote from: Zero One on March 14, 2014, 10:33:53 AMWhat do you think chavs are?
I never really classed inbreeding and polluting the gene pool as 'nature'. :^_^:

Vismund Cygnus

I'd like to point out that I spy purple jam.
[spoiler=Purple Jam][/spoiler]
HAPPY BIRTHDAY JAM!  :grin:

JAM

Vismund Cygnus
Thank you =)

I like purple color, by the way. When we doomed with Zhs2 and other staff, we both have the same suit color. So I had to adjust mine a bit.

Quote from: Scyzer on March 13, 2014, 06:56:06 AM

Vegemite has a chemical in it which destroys the ability to feel love.

[spoiler]I wish I had this antidote 12 years ago... Or just knew about that... If somebody have unneeded time machine activator, please let me know. Or at least Space/Time Beam[/spoiler]

Phazar

Well, after nearly three years of loyal service, my laptop battery appears to be dead, or at least dying.  I can still use this computer as long as it is plugged in, but looks like I'll be ordering a new battery soon.

Quote58

HAPPY 20TH SUPER METROID!

Quietus

That just makes me feel old.  I don't even remember when I bought Super Metroid - it was quite late in the SNES's life.  I remember buying it second hand, and it cost me £4 for the special edition with the large manual included.  Good times.  *sigh*

* Quietus is consumed by the nostalgia beast.

Jordan5

Man, this game was the first I ever played and by then it was pretty old. It feels weird that my favourite game is older than me...

Quote from: Quietus on March 19, 2014, 04:52:16 PM
it cost me £4 for the special edition with the large manual included.  Good times.  *sigh*

I wish it was that cheep now, an actual console is so much better than emulation.

Zhs2

Next year Doom and Super Metroid can be arm-in-arm drinking buddies. (In the states.)

Quietus

Two of my favourite games ever, so I won't grumble. :cheers:

JAM

Really? March 19th? I've missed that date...
Now I want to say, happy REAL birthday, MetConst =)

craighypheno

I'm a bit too young to remember the game coming out.

However, it's one of the games (SMW the other unsurprisingly) that brought me through the times through until the N64 came out.

Happy [belated] birthday Super Metroid!

Quietus

Sounds like a quality foundation for a gaming career to me.  You just needed to add Zelda 3 to the list, and you'd have had the holy trinity. :^_^:

Black Falcon

Quote from: Quietus on March 21, 2014, 08:21:43 AM
the holy trinity
I wish this holy trinity would come for the wii U already!
Else there's no reason for me to even think about getting one.  :<_<:

Jordan5

I wish they'd release Super Metroid on the 3DS, they already have Metroid I and II so it's about time it appeared.

personitis

QuoteHappy birthday Quote!

Vismund Cygnus