News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

Talk of the Day

Started by squishy_ichigo, May 15, 2009, 11:01:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Black Falcon

Happy B-Day, Smiley!  :^_^:

Vismund Cygnus

Oh hey metconst, have you missed my spamming? I've been on holiday all week and haven't really had any Internet access. I've been down at the beach and surprisingly haven't been sunburnt, and had a really nice idea for a palette, so hooray! Pretty sure my hack's going to have 4 different Maridian tilesets with how it's going.
Also, I saw a car with the license plate ZHS-002, so that was pretty funny too.

M1CR0H4CK3R

Quote from: Vismund Cygnus on January 19, 2014, 08:13:36 PM
I saw a car with the license plate ZHS-002
Pics or it didn't happen.
Oh, and did anyone notice this behavior from the 'Hand' enemy?

When their head is offscreen, they cease to function until their head is onscreen again. They don't even take damage from Super Missiles. The just go through them. lol.

squishy_ichigo

Its been eight months or so since I quit my job, as a forward.

My father has been given a job opportunity up in Pennsylvania where his brother is co-founding a landscaping business.  He's been wanting to move there since his brother left, and now this job coupled with the coming income tax refund, its almost a certainty that my family will be moving up there in the coming month.

I have no reason not to come along, nothing is tying me down here.  However, there was talk again of me getting a job, so we'll see how that pans out.
Its not so much the aspect of doing a job that bothers me, so much as being around other human beings.  Maybe I can find something up my alley, we'll see I guess.

Quietus

Good luck, Squishy.  I'm sure once you're moved in, and surrounded by your familiar things, it'll feel like home soon enough. :^_^:

Parabox

Well that's just plain dumb and offensive of him.

Quietus

The stupid offering of money aside, he should realise that usually in this situation everything you do like that only reinforces their decision.  All he'll end up doing is pushing her away.

advancedpillow

I'd give it a go. We pretend she is straight. Split the money. Straight cash!

Quietus

Followed by a Dr. Evil 'Mwahaha' with your pinkie to your mouth. :^_^:

Back to the AGDQ thing for a second.  I watched the four-way Super Metroid race, and it was amazing, and so close that it's ridiculous. :cool:

Mon732

So over the weekend I participated in the Global Game Jam (GGJ) 2014, I had a lot of fun.
I made a prototype game called Vision, if anyone wants to have a look/try feel free to use the links below.
Requires the Unity Web Plugin, if you don't have it you will be prompted to install it
You have to get to the exit using the platforms around the room however some of these are invisible.
You must use your Vision to see the way.

[spoiler=Screenshot][/spoiler]

Controls:
Movement: WASD or ArrowKeys
Jump: Space
Vision: Hold Right Mouse Button

Game on GGJ site
Direct link to game
Misc

I won a prize too, for best art and innovation. :D
[spoiler=Prize][/spoiler]

Quietus

The prize is a lie.  You should place it in your nearest incinerator. :wink:

FullOfFail

Daltone

Quote from: FullOfFail on January 28, 2014, 12:43:54 AM
[spoiler][/spoiler]
Right on, congrats. We should smoke dope about it

snarfblam

Quote from: Daltone on January 28, 2014, 12:27:05 PM
Right on, congrats. We should smoke dope about it

I'm on it.

Zephoras

May i join in with you two? ;)

Quote58

Alright so, big update here.
I've put together a site in google sites (as opposed to dropbox because of a shorter url and a clean interface) much in the vein of Scyzers, black falcons, etc.
At the moment, (as I mention on the site) the asm patches are a bit of a mess. I haven't had time to fix them up as well as add a video and txt. However the gfx are there, and one ips patch (castlevania hud).
The site has lots of other stuff though, including documents, pictures (will have more later) and my hacks.
So check it out, leave a comment on the site if you feel so inclined, and I hope it helps.
https://sites.google.com/site/quotesrepository

Scyzer

If you're upset that no one loves you on valentine's day, just remember that no one loves you on any other days of the year either, and it won't be so bad.

:3

Quietus

I'm never lonely, even on Valentine's Day.  If things ever get really bad, I can always visit Mrs Palm and her five daughters. :oh:

Vismund Cygnus

And most importantly, don't forget the discounted chocolate!  :heheh:

Daltone

I would honestly rather be single.
valentines is lame, especially when you dont really care.

Quote from: Quietus on February 14, 2014, 08:02:11 PM
I can always visit Mrs Palm and her five daughters. :oh:
Or her sister and 5 neices

craighypheno

My wallet looks much healthier than if I took somebody out for an expensive meal and flowers and all that soppy crap that's for sure!  :^_^:

Jordan5

Normally I'd share your feelings for valentines day but I actually had a girlfriend for this one so it was a good day :heheh:

Vismund Cygnus

Quote from: Jordan5 on February 16, 2014, 05:37:16 AM
Normally I'd share your feelings for valentines day but I actually had a girlfriend for this one so it was a good day :heheh:
as did I. It was a good day for me, I'm 1.25kg of chocolate heavier, and echoing craig's sentiment, my wallet is an awful lot lighter.  :lol:

Jordan5

I paid by card so that I wouldn't notice the difference :wink: