News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

Talk of the Day

Started by squishy_ichigo, May 15, 2009, 11:01:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PKstarship

I thought of killing the Zombie Pigman, but I realized that I only had a stone sword and a iron helmet I got at a village. Even when those things are alone, it's still really dangerous to provoke them unless you're well equipped. Also, I need to make a barn to hold my livestock in, I don't need a farm full of giant zombie pigs :lol:

Also, skeletal horses sound awesome, I can't wait until horses are added to Pocket Edition. I also hear redstone is gonna be implemented as more than a potion ingredient in the next release :^_^:

One last thing: what is this talk of bubbles? I noticed Grime has some bubbles under his name, but I don't know how you get them or what they do...

Meeptroid

Wow, I know that skeletal horses are in the PC version's coding, and ARE spawnable, as I have done it before. My little cousin will be so happy when horses get added, she LOVES horses.

Quietus

Quote from: PKstarship on September 23, 2015, 04:50:56 PMwhat is this talk of bubbles?
Talk? TALK?! Oh, Mst's gonna git you, sucka!

In seriousness, it's a long-running thing, and has become one of our own in-house memes. Respect the bubbles. :^_^:

Meeptroid

So, where did the bubbles start though? Here or Mst?

Quietus

There were numerous mentions and instances that flagged bubbles as being of interest, but Mst was the first lover / king of the bubbles, and he has reigned ever since.

PKstarship

How do you get a bubble? Does Mst give you one? Suddenly i'm very interested in the bubbles...

Meeptroid

Oh, also, Shaktools, he is basically ruler of bubbles and shaktools

Quietus

Quote from: PKstarship on September 23, 2015, 06:54:45 PMHow do you get a bubble?
You don't. Mst has them all, and that is law.
Quote from: Meeptroid on September 23, 2015, 06:55:37 PMhe is basically ruler of bubbles and shaktools
You learn quickly, young padawan.

DSO

Quote from: Quietus on September 23, 2015, 06:58:43 PM
You don't. Mst has them all, and that is law.

[spoiler][/spoiler]
Rekt

And I'm not sure how the bubbles started, all I have are hazy memories of MST telling people to use bubbles since ever.

Quietus

I'm sure his title used to be 'Bubble Sophist' too. Those are only on loan, while Grime converts the heathens.

Quote from: DSO on September 23, 2015, 07:07:15 PMhazy memories of MST telling people to use bubbles since ever.
That sounds about right. :^_^:

Quietus

Posting from the new computer! Yippee! :cheers:

PKstarship

Cool! I wish I had a fancy gaming computer, then I could play Super Mario Crossover!

Also, I got hopelessly lost on my Minecraft file, so I have to start anew with making a beautiful mansion. Ever since infinite worlds were added to Pocket Edition I've had a bad habit of getting lost. I guess I need to make a huge farm with everything I need so I don't ever have to go out and get lost anymore :lol:

Quietus

That's why I always play with a minimap mod. Failing that, you could just sleep to set your spawn, then if you get truly lost, you can just kill yourself to get back. Yeah, you may lose the items you had, but at least you didn't lose everything.

PKstarship

My idea was waiting until I'm well equipped, sleeping in my house to set spawn, and then carrying a compass so I can always know where the spawn point is, making sure not to sleep as that resets the compass. It might require staying in caves or villages, but it's not that bad. Of course I also will bring a full stack of cooked pork chops so I don't starve. I'm actually not bad at fending off Zombies, Endermen, and even Creepers.

I really can't wait until the Map item is added to Pocket Edition :lol:

Meeptroid

That will be nice :colonrightv: :twisted: :nod: :razz: :^_^: :yay: :grin: :lol: :wink:

Meeptroid

Sadly, I cannot do mods, as my computer is too laggy...  :sad:

PKstarship

Quote from: Quietus on September 24, 2015, 08:36:53 PM
I wouldn't even consider playing the game now without that mod, as I'm forever exploring, and losing track of where I came from. With it, I just spin round to face the waypoint I want, and get running. :^_^:

I like going on mining expeditions at times, but I mainly like building a nice, well-lit house and farm and staying around there, where it's safe and relaxing. To be honest the Nether scares me, I don't think one can truly know fear unless they've seen this face:

[spoiler=scary][/spoiler]

I can handle Creepers and Endermen, but these things will give me panic attacks
if I'm around them for too long.

PonchGaming

Once 1.9 comes out, I'll start to play again. Maybe even make a Metroid Map? :lol!:

Meeptroid

Quote from: PKstarship on September 24, 2015, 09:52:48 PM
Quote from: Quietus on September 24, 2015, 08:36:53 PM
I wouldn't even consider playing the game now without that mod, as I'm forever exploring, and losing track of where I came from. With it, I just spin round to face the waypoint I want, and get running. :^_^:

I like going on mining expeditions at times, but I mainly like building a nice, well-lit house and farm and staying around there, where it's safe and relaxing. To be honest the Nether scares me, I don't think one can truly know fear unless they've seen this face:

[spoiler=scary][/spoiler]

I can handle Creepers and Endermen, but these things will give me panic attacks
if I'm around them for too long.

xD, don't we all get panic attacks!

Quote from: PonchGaming on September 24, 2015, 10:04:45 PM
Once 1.9 comes out, I'll start to play again. Maybe even make a Metroid Map? :lol!:

Ponch, theres this awesome Metroid resource pack, let me give you the link

http://www.curse.com/texture-packs/minecraft/minetroid-r10

Sadly, its only 1.7, but, its freakin awesome, and I would betcha it would still work, just, with a few textures being the same

UPDATE: If you download it from the curse link above, its for 1.8, with all the 1.8 textures!

PKstarship

I once thought about making a 2D Metroid 1 map, but after counting how tall in 16x16 squares the map is, I found out that Minecraft can't support a build that tall. I guess maybe if you used Nether portals to seperate Brinstar and Norfair from Ridley's and Kraid's lairs and Tourian it might work though :^_^:

Meeptroid

Thats why I'm planning on making mine custom!

SlyPork

While ya'll are so busy with your Minecrafts and your modded metroids, I am currently in the process of making a gigantic SNES controller solely out of black wire.

[spoiler][/spoiler]

Quietus

Hehe, that's pretty cool. Bonus points if you can actually use it afterward. Free cookies if you can mockball on it. :grin:

Meeptroid

Quote from: SlyPork on September 25, 2015, 02:55:35 AM
While ya'll are so busy with your Minecrafts and your modded metroids, I am currently in the process of making a gigantic SNES controller solely out of black wire.

[spoiler][/spoiler]

Damn dude, that's one hell of a creation, even at that stage!

snarfblam

Pffff. That's obviously computer generated. If you scale it down a bit, you'd actually believe it was computer generated.