News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

Talk of the Day

Started by squishy_ichigo, May 15, 2009, 11:01:02 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grimlock

Powerful AND stylish! Nicely done sir.

So what are you going to do with your old powerhouse?:

PKstarship

Woah, thats a very old and large computer. I haven't seen a computer that looked like that since I was five or six years old :whoa: Makes me really appreciate how advanced thing are nowadays, you probably couldn't play Minecraft on one of those things :lol:

Vismund Cygnus

:archie:

In 4 days time (that's Saturday 26th) a new contest will be dropping over on the Contest Board.
The timeframe will be from the 26th of September to the 31st of October, giving you 5 weeks to create, test and win at making a contest hack. There will obviously be more rules than that, but those will be revealed in due time. That is, on the 26th.

Discuss your enthusiasm and interest in being part of such a contest here, because if there is no interest, there's no point!  :grin:

Grimlock

Quote from: PKstarship on September 21, 2015, 11:41:45 PM
Woah, thats a very old and large computer. I haven't seen a computer that looked like that since I was five or six years old :whoa: Makes me really appreciate how advanced thing are nowadays, you probably couldn't play Minecraft on one of those things :lol:

Don't talk smack about Quietus's hot rod (he's a bit sensitive about it).  He can play some mean Oregon Trail on that hardcore piece of machinery, I don't even think he gets any lag.

Grimlock

Quote from: Vismund Cygnus on September 22, 2015, 12:29:21 AM

In 4 days time (that's Saturday 26th) a new contest will be dropping over on the Contest Board.
The timeframe will be from the 26th of September to the 31st of October...

Well, you know it's going to HAVE to be some sort of creepy Halloween theme given the timeframe.  I wouldn't doubt that it's been used as a theme in the past though (correct me if I'm wrong).  I've been wanting to do a creepy theme tile set...

personitis

It will be some sort of theme, but not Halloween themed. Unless you want it to be of course. :^_^:

SpoOkyMagician

I might be interested. :yay: Assuming its a Halloween type hack or something. :twisted:

~ SpoOkyMagician

Vismund Cygnus

I guess this means I need to clarify:
The contest is not Halloween themed.
If you want to make a Halloween hack, then go for it. But that's not the contest theme.  :heheh:

Grimlock

Other Random Ideas that maybe haven't been done before:

Pure tech (no natural elements)

Cityscape (all areas based in a futuristic or modern city)

Game Theme crossover (pick any non Metroid game and make SM or M1 look/play that way)

Black and white (plus 50 or so shades of grey) (create a world that has no color yet looks badass or assbad (which ever you prefer).

Ideas on the fringe:

Awesomely irritating (create an obnoxious theme that actually works)

In the eyes of the insane (create a theme that depicts an insane persons experience in a 2D Metroid)

"Honey I shrunk the Samus"  (Samus got hit by Wayne Szalinski's shrink Ray (or some such thing) and Samus is small.  Create a world where it looks like you are in fact shrunken to about the size of a bug.)

Time traveler (Samus went back in time, be it Dinosaurs or Model T cars, you decide.  Just make it look like the past.)

Evil B-tch!!!  (Samus is evil, make everything else look nice and overly cheerful.)

Quietus

Quote from: Grimlock on September 21, 2015, 11:28:20 PMSo what are you going to do with your old powerhouse?:
I'll probably let one of my brothers have it for a token amount. :^_^:

Quote from: Grimlock on September 22, 2015, 12:32:30 AMDon't talk smack about Quietus's hot rod (he's a bit sensitive about it).  He can play some mean Oregon Trail on that hardcore piece of machinery, I don't even think he gets any lag.
It's true. And Doom runs silky smooth at high resolution:
[spoiler][/spoiler]

Mon732

Quote from: Vismund Cygnus on September 22, 2015, 12:29:21 AM

The timeframe will be from the 26th of September to the 31st of October, giving you 5 weeks to create, test and win at making a contest hack. There will obviously be more rules than that, but those will be revealed in due time. That is, on the 26th.

Discuss your enthusiasm and interest in being part of such a contest here, because if there is no interest, there's no point!  :grin:

Archville! Kill it, kill it!
You know, I think I might actually get off my arse and make a hack for this.

SpoOkyMagician

Quote from: Vismund Cygnus on September 22, 2015, 01:41:02 AM
If you want to make a Halloween hack, then go for it. But that's not the contest theme.  :heheh:

Not interested then. Sorry.

~ SpoOkyMagician

MetroidMst

Quote from: SpoOkyMagician on September 22, 2015, 03:21:56 PM
Quote from: Vismund Cygnus on September 22, 2015, 01:41:02 AM

Not interested then. Sorry.

~ SpoOkyMagician
Kind of judgmental for not knowing what exactly it is, while it is still allowing what you're asking for. . .

SpoOkyMagician

First thing you should know about me is: I am picky. ;)

~ SpoOkyMagician

PKstarship

So, I've been playing Minecraft: Pocket Edition a bit lately, I'm in the process of making a nice little farm like in Harvest Moon. However, I was running around and noticed a Zombie Pigman just roaming around. This really confused me because Zombie Pigmen normally only spawn in the Nether or near a Nether Portal. Did my game glitch, or is there some way for Zombie Pigmen to spawn in the normal world?

Meeptroid

Quote from: PKstarship on September 23, 2015, 10:12:22 AM
So, I've been playing Minecraft: Pocket Edition a bit lately, I'm in the process of making a nice little farm like in Harvest Moon. However, I was running around and noticed a Zombie Pigman just roaming around. This really confused me because Zombie Pigmen normally only spawn in the Nether or near a Nether Portal. Did my game glitch, or is there some way for Zombie Pigmen to spawn in the normal world?

Um, I honestly don't know, I don't play Pocket Edition enough to know...

Quote58

Quote from: Meeptroid on September 23, 2015, 10:15:51 AM
Quote from: PKstarship on September 23, 2015, 10:12:22 AM

Um, I honestly don't know, I don't play Pocket Edition enough to know...

So why did you respond to his post then? The majority of members of the forum also don't know the answer, should we all post to say so?

Probably sounds mean, just try to read it with a light hearted tone, as that's how it was meant.

Quietus

In fairness to you, I thought the same thing. :^_^:

From what I can see, it can be possible for them to spawn after lightning strikes.

Meeptroid

Well, Quietus, I hate to burst your bubble, but, as I am always someone who points out the facts, first of all, there is no weather system in Pocket Edition quite yet, so, that one is out of the question. Also, the only way they can spawn in Pocket Edition is a Nether Reactor, so, the only reason I can think of is that it was a glitch. They happen!

personitis

Are you sure you don't have weather effects turned off in your settings? I wouldn't rule out it being a glitch though. I once built a structure on a world, deleted said world, then later in time created a new world only to find said structure I built there. Kind of eerie.

Meeptroid

OH! I actually didn't know they added weather! I must have been playing with an earlier version.... Thanks personitis! We now know it wasn't necessarily a glitch! Damn, they even pulled off the Nether!

Quietus

Do I get my bubble back? MetroidMst will be most displeased if I've lost it. :neutral:

Mon732

[spoiler=Take your pick Quietus][/spoiler]

I know in the pc version of Minecraft, zombie pigmen can spawn in the overworld when lightning hits the ground near a pig or by walking through a nether portal. So chances are it was one of those (Not sure if the pocket edition nether portals can send entities other than players through).

PKstarship

Huh. I guess that does make sense how the Zombie Pigman spawned, I noticed it during a rainstorm. I've never played the PC version, but I've played the Xbox 360 version tons and that's never happened to me :lol: Also, the new update to Pocket Edition is awesome 'cause it has the Nether, brewing and enchantment, and new mobs i think.

Also, I think Charged Creepers are spawned the same way, lighning striking near a Creeper.

Quietus

And villagers become witches, and you'll soon get skeletal horses. :^_^: