News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

Metroid: Acidfall (Formally Metroid: Norfair)

Started by Scout1297, October 15, 2016, 08:25:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scout1297

Quote from: Quietus on October 27, 2016, 08:23:35 AM
A bubble endue thee;
Hubbub'll ensue - see!

How do you like dem bubbles? :cool:

Even if they are not unique bubbles, all bubbles are mostly created equal  :wink:

Quietus

Quote from: Scout1297 on October 28, 2016, 03:14:48 PMHow do you like dem bubbles? :cool:
There's nothing better foamy. They're pure blister experience. :^_^:

Scout1297

Quote from: Quietus on October 28, 2016, 03:29:31 PM
There's nothing better foamy. They're pure blister experience. :^_^:
English plz :sad:

Quietus

(There's nothing better for me. They're pure bliss to experience.)

:wink:

Scout1297

Lava is now 40% more bubbly  :razz:

Also let me know what you think of the graphics.

Quietus

Looks pretty cool. I hope you're also going to use some of those nice, blue corner tiles near the door, rather than the current ones that end abruptly? :^_^:

Scout1297

uuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuum
maybe?  :nod: :nuhuh:

Flower

Yeah, i like that, nice work.
Furthermore what @Quietus said, angles to the door or something equivalent that doesn't stop abruptly would look a lot nicer.

P. S. I don't wanna sound petty, but there is a typie in your thread's name

Scout1297

oops, fixed that(but all the previous replies say otherwise  :mad:)
I think I have tinkered with that little first part of the first area graphic-wise to death, now just for a few changes room-wise there, but before those, I am expanding area 1.(And re-working my current sprites for area 2)

Also I have a question. In the next version of Editroid, will you be able to expand the map and/or make new areas?

Quietus

Quote from: Scout1297 on November 04, 2016, 05:48:53 PMIn the next version of Editroid, will you be able to expand the map and/or make new areas?
You'd likely be better off asking that in Editroid's own thread. :^_^:

Scout1297

Welcome to Norfair's Chozo Ruins, the ultimate summer getaway, complete with baddies galore.  :twisted:

Grimlock

I like that dark blue and gold palette combo, very nice choice.  Your tile placement is rather chaotic in some places (referring mostly to earlier screenshots, though the bar above the chose hand seems odd).  You should add some new structures to work with.

Scout1297

*sigh* I know some of the tile placement is chaotic but it has(hopefully) gotten better since the time I have taken the respective screenshots. :nuhuh: :nope:

And thanks regarding the palate, i am somewhat of a NES pixel art geek:

(and yes I know this has more than 3 colors, but so did many NES characters by using overlapping sprites)

Scout1297

Bit of an update on the Chozo Ruins.

The main reason I am posting this is because I am not sure if I like the blue inner tiles. Especially because I need to treat them as separate structures. :<_<:

passarbye

I am really starting to like what I see with this hack, it has progressed farther than I anticipated.
The blue inner tiles are a good contrast to the gold/yellow main tiles, I'll also suggest maybe thinking about adding some purple as it's a good complementary color for yellow.
Use whatever works best for you.

Scout1297

Quote from: passarbye on November 07, 2016, 03:31:10 PM
I am really starting to like what I see with this hack, it has progressed farther than I anticipated.
The blue inner tiles are a good contrast to the gold/yellow main tiles, I'll also suggest maybe thinking about adding some purple as it's a good complementary color for yellow.
Use whatever works best for you.
Does that mean you didn't believe in me  :sad:
Just kidding, thanks for the praise, will certainly try the purple.  :wink:

snarfblam

AuroraxPhilic

I have to admit. The graphics look impressive...

Scout1297

Quote from: snarfblam on November 07, 2016, 05:16:31 PM
Hot damn, son.

Whats that snarf? Add disappearing platforms in the dark? Will do! :eyeroll:

Tahazzar

Quote from: Scout1297 on November 07, 2016, 06:45:37 PMWhats that snarf? Add disappearing platforms in the dark? Will do! :eyeroll:

Do those platforms actually keep disappearing / reappearing on their own at certain intervals? That would be really impressive. You could also use them as temporal blockages in vertical tunnels and whatnot. Like soft lock the player into these tight spaces with enemies and so on.  :bounce:

Oh and the new graphics do indeed look veeery nice... but I've been a fan since the very beginning so you basically can guess my opinion :^_^:

Grimlock

Yep, this is definitely getting better, I'm seeing some real evolution in what you've been posting. 

Nice work, keep it up!

Scout1297

Quote from: Tahazzar on November 08, 2016, 04:30:15 AM
Do those platforms actually keep disappearing / reappearing on their own at certain intervals? That would be really impressive. You could also use them as temporal blockages in vertical tunnels and whatnot. Like soft lock the player into these tight spaces with enemies and so on.  :bounce:

Oh and the new graphics do indeed look veeery nice... but I've been a fan since the very beginning so you basically can guess my opinion :^_^:

By dissapearing platforms I mean that they just disappear to your eyes, they are still there though... If I learn ASM perhaps that will change...

Quietus

It could still be interesting, especially if used with plenty of tiles / structures, as it'd give the impression of the lights in the area pulsing.

Tahazzar

Quote from: Scout1297 on November 08, 2016, 06:45:16 AM
Quote from: Tahazzar on November 08, 2016, 04:30:15 AM

By dissapearing platforms I mean that they just disappear to your eyes, they are still there though... If I learn ASM perhaps that will change...

Doh! So just having animation frames with different level of "transparency."
Well, that could still be interesting if you for example make these small mazes that are wholly made of blocks that disappear "from your eyes" from time to time. Add in re-spawning enemies there as an initiative to keep going (fast) and some pits as danger element and you got a real intense "scene" going on. :razz:

Steel Sparkle

This games starting to look really nice. Good job and keep it up.