News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

Room of the Week 2010 - Archives

Started by squishy_ichigo, January 16, 2010, 11:09:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Silver Skree

[03:00:32] <ProjectXVIII> Silver Skree, you have been beat.
[03:00:35] <ProjectXVIII> By MetroRat.
[03:00:41] <ProjectXVIII> Kinda...sad.
[03:00:52] <Silver_Skree> ProjectXVIII: I know, I voted for him
[03:01:02] <ProjectXVIII> Damnit.
[03:01:06] <Silver_Skree> That room is like, two years old
[03:01:07] <ProjectXVIII> There was almost a tie.
[03:01:14] <ProjectXVIII> But then you have to go and fuck with the scores.
[03:01:17] <Silver_Skree> mine is*
[03:01:51] <Silver_Skree> I just decided to throw a room in at random
[03:01:59] <Silver_Skree> and, well, [forum sig]

Charmander106

[spoiler][/spoiler]

EDIT: A close up from the image above.
[spoiler][/spoiler]

Quietus

Croco has eaten all of the other Crocos!  I like what I see, but it's a little small to see properly... :neutral:

snarfblam

That room is too good to win by default. It would be acceptable, however, for it to win against one of mine.
[spoiler][/spoiler]

Silver Skree

Oh yeah, definitely going to Webber this week unless someone pops out of nowhere with a surprise spirit-bomb room.

Also, advice: darken the spikes and that 'glare' on the croco skulls' palette.

ProjectXVIII

[spoiler][/spoiler]

First time actually making something good with the Norfair tileset. :awesome:

Quietus

Nice room.  I'd probably ease up on the broken pillars a bit.  Just one or two is usually enough to hint at a ruined aspect, but you have almost half of them broken.

Smiley

My first time using the Maridia tileset. It came out pretty good IMO.
[spoiler][/spoiler]

Lunaria

Your room is extremely compact in therms of playing area. :p

But it looks quite nice.

Parabox

Background doesn't really make sense, broken pipe could peek out a bit further. Besides that, good room.

Lunaria

Quote from: Parabox on November 07, 2010, 12:26:44 PM
Background doesn't really make sense

It's sand that has been hardened to be a bit more "solid" and hang in the air even though it could fall down. Space where the sand have not been has been shaped out by water flows.

But really, let's not get physics into video games. :p

Lunaria

Make it so we can vote next time squishy! :awesome:

Quietus

Voted for Project.  SMILEuser's room was nice, as it uses the fantastic Maridia tileset, but the room was both cramped and angular, which (angular) is easily avoided with that tileset.

Kasel

I voted for Project's room as well.  It just seems much more appealing to the eye more then SMILEuser's.  That's my opinion.

Qactis

I voted smileuser as I think his room is different. You might not like angular with that tileset, but it looks like he pulled it off giving it a twisted, eroded cavern that samus would maybe encounter in an adventure.

FullOfFail

I have to go with project here. This is interesting tile use with the BG tiles laid like that. Makes it seem like 3 layers and multidimensional.

Charmander106

Another room for another week...
[spoiler][/spoiler]

Lunaria

I was going to enter something this week, but I just changed my mind as no one likes my style and that shot webber uploaded will get all the votes. :/

Lunaria

What? It's the truth. I would take his room over my own any time of the day, it looks fucking amazing! :o

JamieWebb16

It's not much... but will do!
[spoiler][/spoiler]

Quietus

Woah! Webber's room is going to take something unbelievable to be beaten this week.  My brain doesn't even know where to start figuring out how many layers it looks like. :whoa:

Zhs2

Oh, man. It's a Webber brothers competition yet again. It's gonna be so hard to decide :sad:

JamieWebb16

That's what it looks like I suppose..... but I think that webber is going to win. Ive seen his rooms, and they are MIND-BLOWING!

Lunaria

I changed my mind!

You bitches are going down! :yaynoes:

[spoiler][/spoiler]

Notes: 1. There is a yellow hatch at the top. 2. It's for the looks, you can walljump anywhere!