News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

[SM] Phazon Hack 0.5 (Under Construction)

Started by A_red_monk_called_Key, January 12, 2010, 04:19:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

A_red_monk_called_Key

Super metroid Phazon Hack is a full hack for people new to Super metroid hacks.

The change
0.1                                                     0.2                                                       0.3                     

[spoiler=NewDoors]BLACK DOORGREEN DOOR[/spoiler]

SM Phazon 0.4 is being work on along side MPE (last update 5/24)
I am currently working on a massive ASM to be applied to MPE and the Phazon hack so 0.4 will require the player to start over. It will take longer to make, but speed up my editing process and open up tons of free space.

0.3 is unheadered

Zhs2

Fail at actually providing a link to the patch, sir. http://www.zophar.net/hacks/snes/super-metroid2/Super-Metroid-Phazon-Hack-686.html

Also, Super Metroid Phazon... That reminds me...
* Zhs2 pokes Bloodsonic

Quietus

It should probably be pointed out that it's unfinished, and still has numerous bugs, including some permastucks.

DSO

But even more to be pointed out is that it's been epic to play. There's a few bad design choices, but overall one of the best looking hacks I've seen.

Lunaria

Download link

..Will give it a spin later.

Edit: wow, I failed to see that zhs2 linked the patch, I thought it was a link to the forum rules! XD

squishy_ichigo

I'm loving this hack so far :awesome:

[spoiler]Just got the dark beam! <3[/spoiler]

So far this is hack is like a cross fusion of RevEx + Pantheon XD
(everything I loved about RevEx + everything I hated about Pantheon)

I've noticed a few problems, but all in all I'm having a blast.

Scyzer

This is quite a fun hack =) It took me forever to find the morphball, then I came out on the wrong side, but I got it eventually. What amazes me the most are you GFX editing skills. The enemies and some of the custom graphics are just superb

Nu Zalem

I gave this a shot last night and I must say that I REALLY like this hack. I love what you did with the redrawn spore spawn, doors, and other sprites...really sexy. I only have missiles and charge beam and I'm still looking for a way to get morphball which I'll find out how eventually. I'll give it another go once I'm done with mundane tasks for the day.

Bond697

this is pretty awesome, thanks!  i'm home sick from work today, and this just made the day a lot more bearable.

so... are the bombs or powerbombs in this?  i've got charge, dark, echo, spazer, varia, morph ball, spring ball, hi-jump, and speed boost and can't seem to find anywhere else to go.

DonnyDonovan

Headered?  Unheadered?  Advanced skills required?

Scyzer

It's unheadered, and this is an easy hack in terms of moving around.

There's absolutely no advanced skills from what I've played. The only thing I've needed that could be considered advanced is having to SWJ up a wall into a tunnel and then insta-morph to get a pack of missiles (think of the original, and after getting bombs, going back up the left side, not the right)

Bond697: You need grapple to get bombs, and I can't remember where grapple was... but if you find it:

[spoiler=Bombs are:]
hidden in lower sewers. but it is annoying to get them unless you have gravity. I think you're supposed to have it by then, cause there's a few permastuck oppotunities around. Look for a wall of grapple blocks in lower left sewers.
[/spoiler]

FullOfFail

I LOVE this hack, I've been playing it over the last few days and I am extremely impressed with all the graphical changes. But for some reason my map keeps resetting everytime I leave an area, I have no clue why. I got most areas memorized though, so it's not that big of a deal. Also, a small bug to point out if you don't know already, the Spore Spawn room is all glitchy-like after you beat him. It's probably a state issue. Just for future reference.

This is what I got so far, it's pretty far in, it's major spoilers if you've just started, don't look.
[spoiler][/spoiler]

DonnyDonovan

Agree with everything said.  I just got morphball after searching forever (I kind of like hacks that put the morphball other than first or second) and this is an extremely pleasant surprise.  I'm loving the enemy edits.  Use savestates due to a few stuck points, but this hack is absolutely made of win so far.

Zhs2

asdf Where do I look for upgrades and which one after Dark Beam >=/

[spoiler=Equipment]
Morph Ball, (Super) Missiles, Spazer, Dark, Charge, Red Phazon, Spring Ball
[/spoiler]

Lunaria

The first item I picked up (beside the E-tank at the start) was the X-ray!

So what do I win?

Crys path on playthrough one so far:
[spoiler]
E-tank ->X-ray -> Phazon missiles -> Super missiles -> E-tank -> SM -> E-Tank -> more random shit -> Red phazon

[/spoiler]

DonnyDonovan

Hmm.  It seems as if this is non-linear as well.  Here's what I got (not sure I'm correct on the order):

[spoiler]Super missiles, charge, spazer, morph ball, spring ball, x-ray, dark beam, high jump, phazon missiles, echo beam.  I know not of this red phazon but I'm intruiged[/spoiler]

I find myself going in circles a lot and finding something new about every 2-3 trips through the overworld.  It's easy in terms of skills required but there's a lot of exploring to do here.  I'm not quite sure what I need to do now.

Bond697

ok, i found a few more places to go and got some more missiles/super missiles, but still no power bombs or grappling beam.  anyone get either of those yet?

DonnyDonovan

I haven't found anything but a few missile packs and a tank since I posted a day ago, and I've explored quite a bit.  Can't find speed boost, grapple, anything beyond the equipment list I posted.  I'm pretty much giving up because I'm sick of covering the same ground and the map always resets so I kind of forget where I've been.

This hack looks very cool though.  I may restart and draw a crude map so I know what I've covered in an attempt to move further.

Scyzer

Finished this last night. Beware after getting PowerBombs, cause there's permastuck trap that is VERY easy to fall into. (and I mean, if you don't fall into it, well done - you've earned a cookie!)

93%. Assuming the numbers were the same for the hack as the original, I needed a RTank, 3 PB packs and 3 Missile packs.

time was about 5.30 I didn't take a screeny though, and can't be bothered to get one =P

Never found Kraid, so I'm guessing he wasn't in this hack. The ending was unexpected, but not disappointing, even if it didn't really make much sense. Overall, this was quite a good hack, minus the permastucks. It was extrememly frustrating trying to find PBs and many other upgrades though.
[spoiler=PBs]
are hidden in the top right of Powerplant, but you need to come in from the sewers. Look for a place where the path splits into 2 broken pipes, and take the right one.[/spoiler]

[attachment deleted by admin]

Bond697

eh, found the grapple myself.  the botwoon fight was neat, it looks pretty great now and was completely unexpected. i walked past botwoon as first, then bumped into it on my way out of the room. time to move on to the bombs, finally.

DSO

So, I've yet to collect morph ball, and have managed to damage boost/walljump myself through ways I'm not supposed to go yet. This video shows some of the stuff I'm having to going through... and people say this hack is easy? Well maybe if I could find morph ball, it would be...

[spoiler]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HUg1PhDIg5Y[/spoiler]

Yonowaaru

I stopped halfway, because the map glitched out on me whenever I used a warp room.
Hopefully, he'll get around fixing that.

DSO

I can't find the morphball anywhere...

Pic is current equipment.

Nevermind I got it.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Zhs2

Quote from: Yonowaaru
I stopped halfway, because the map glitched out on me whenever I used a warp room.
Hopefully, he'll get around fixing that.
Actually, a lot of people have been complaining about this. It's not just a warp room, either - it happens whenever you switch areas. I think he attempted to get around this problem by giving you a partial map of each sector, but iirc there's a better way to fix this, lol. Let's hope he comes and asks how =P

DonnyDonovan

I need one of three things to advance further -- (1) power bombs, (2) speed booster, or (3) grapple beam.  If anyone has a hint as to which one I can get next and where it is, I would really appreciate it.