News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

[SM] Phazon Hack 0.5 (Under Construction)

Started by A_red_monk_called_Key, January 12, 2010, 04:19:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MetroidMst

The big map with the dots shows you where the major upgrades are. So you can see which sub-area they are in.

advancedpillow

No, it wasn't that one. This was a much smaller map room, with 10 blinking dots, 2 rows, 5 per. It was a secret room in....the sewers, I think? Or maybe the mines.

MetroidMst

Ah. There is one of those in each area I believe. They are the Phazon Particle maps. However many are blinking are how many you have left to collect in that sub-area.

advancedpillow

Quote from: MetroidMst on June 15, 2012, 03:12:21 AM
Ah. There is one of those in each area I believe. They are the Phazon Particle maps. However many are blinking are how many you have left to collect in that sub-area.

Thanks,ShyGuy! That makes sense.

Incidentally, does anyone know if the Ridley door was ever fixed?

Quietus

advancedpillow

I redownloaded the ips patch again, yesterday. The one in R-M's very first post in this thread. I played through the game again and the final boss door is still blue, with the locked gray one below it. Am I missing some new link somewhere? It's not a big deal, really. But ya know.

A_red_monk_called_Key

i didn't know. i'll fix it later. thank you.

advancedpillow

Cool. Thanks very much. I love the game.

A_red_monk_called_Key

i've been taking notes and i'm going to put out an early 0.4(w/out music change) thank you too everyone who played 0.3

changes for 0.4

1) fix glitches and permastucks
2) add pointless demo rooms and demo
3) lower bot HP
4) make a graphic change to grapple door
5) change variability on twin torzos
6) add hidden super boss with some new rooms

advancedpillow

This is awesome news!

Hidden super boss!!

danidub

Maybe a [spoiler]Phazon Beam door[/spoiler]to reach the hidden super boss ???

altoiddealer

Quote from: A_red_monk_called_Key on June 17, 2012, 08:09:13 AM
i've been taking notes and i'm going to put out an early 0.4(w/out music change) thank you too everyone who played 0.3

changes for 0.4

1) fix glitches and permastucks
2) add pointless demo rooms and demo
3) lower bot HP
4) make a graphic change to grapple door
5) change variability on twin torzos
6) add hidden super boss with some new rooms

This is awesome news!  I will definitely be replaying this hack when it is updated to .4

A_red_monk_called_Key

there will be no need to start over. i'm just fixing glitches, and giving more reward to those that have collected all particles.

Silver Skree

I haven't touched this since my LP of it a couple of years back in July of 2010, but I've been looking at this thread now and again, and the updates have me super excited to re-play this. I kind of want to wait until it's 'done' and isn't updating any more, but I don't think I'll be able to contain myself once .4 is out. I'm thinking I'll do an LP of it again, but maybe I'll just play through it normally. Either way, I'm immensely looking forward to this. You never fail to impress, Red Monkey.

zero_traveler

Using V.3

So I just started playing this today, I picked up some item, but I didn't get a look at the description before I hit a button and the description went away.

I found it near the Dark Beam and I think it said something about using it near doors?

Can you guys let me know what I missed? I went looking for it on the upgrade screen, but it's not showing up.

right now I have...

Charge Beam
Dark Beam
Super Missiles
Red Phazon
Morph Ball and Spring ball (I don't know where I picked up Spring ball, about 15 minutes ago, I didn't have it and then suddenly I did have it. It's not the powerup I'm talking about though. I had it before I got this one.)

altoiddealer

Maybe the map can help!

[spoiler]http://www.dubreuil.ca/mapstation//Maps/SM%20Phazon%20Hack%200.3.png[/spoiler]

zero_traveler

ok, well thanks, I know it's a Valkyre Gear now, but what does it do? Is it like that Phazon Particle I found in the Orange, ship like area?

Smiley

You have to find all the gears to be able to complete the game. That's all I'll say.
And if you find all the Phazon Particles (50), you'll get something neat.

zero_traveler

that's fine. I just wanted to make sure I didn't miss something just because I didn't know what my stuff does.

BTW: Spazer actually makes my Beam attack WEAKER?! WTH?

in the Cragsolus area, the Floating three bean orange enemies, they take about 3 shots with the Dark beam + Echo Beam, 1 to freeze them if I charge it, but with Spazer added on to that(IE: Dark+Echo+Spazer), they take about 11 shots? what the hell?

Mon732

Combining all the beams together does not give the most power. Try different combinations to find the strongest combo.

Zhs2

The tradeoff on Spazer is speed over power. It's not very helpful at all with Dark, which slows down your firing rate to a crawl. Basically what Mon said, though I would suggest not using Dark at all unless you absolutely had to freeze something. Spazer+Echo until you obtain Light is pretty good for kicking the tits off of anything save Torizos (and even then, you still have to beat GT in the mines with this combo. Sit at the top and pummel him if you can.)

advancedpillow

Gold Torizo isn't bad at all if you just collect the shit out of missiles. I unloaded everything I had into his chest, taking his hits constantly, and he went down in no time.

zero_traveler

Complete listing of what I have so far.

6 tanks (regular)
38 Max Super Missiles
10 Max Phazon Missiles
Red Phazon
Morph Ball
Spring Ball
Hi-jump Boots (What's up with that area anyway? Trippy.)
Charge Beam
Dark Beam
Echo Beam
Spazer

2 Valkyre units, and I have no Idea how many Phazon Particles I have. At least 5, but probably more.

zero_traveler

There's a light blue door in the sewers that will not open.

I am pretty sure it leads to an elevator or pipe or something because below it is a chozo statue you can roll under and there's a small square room with an untraversable pipe.

Help?

By the way, i should probably say I think this mod is awesome so far.