News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

[SM] Phazon Hack 0.5 (Under Construction)

Started by A_red_monk_called_Key, January 12, 2010, 04:19:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bot01

hahahah thanks Red Monkey, im download it now... later my impressions... cheers

herald83

Damn.  You uploaded this within 15 minutes of when I need to leave work.  Now I'll be stuck on the train for two hours, dying to play through 0.3, to no avail.

Looks like I know what I'll be doing for the rest of tonight though.

A_red_monk_called_Key

That sucks dude. nothing i could say would ease your time passing, but only make it worse. i'm surprised that i enjoyed testing the final edit.

bot01

i've just got dark beam,,, man, sewers looks fantastic!. im using the hq filter, it suits good your tiles

edit: i just realize you edit the first post again Red Monkey, an ips update?..

Power Missile

So far, the hack is great...

But a few questions popped up as I progressed through the hack. Since these are game related, I'd advise people who haven't played or finished the hack yet, beware, read only if you dare.

[spoiler]First off, what is the purpose of the Phazon Particles?  I've only noticed my health *seem* to (not sure if it's just my imagination, but it probably is) recharge faster at Recharge stations, but is that because of said items?

Second off, what are the maps supposed to point you to? I can see certain blips, but I can't tell if it is supposed to point you to more items or the Valkyrie Gear.[/spoiler]

These are all I have for now, otherwise, the hack looks fantastic to play, and there seem to be new areas I've never seen before.

Black Soldier

Permastuck detected!

I just got the X-Ray not too long ago, then got myself into this after block-breaking with the speedbooster.

Steyiak

Played through the hack I really like the new version but I came across a bug.

The bug is about the left door. When I enter the room if I open the right door and then fire a missile to the left door, it will become blue but if I fire a missile at the left door first, it turns into a grey one. I actually went to the right door and got the [spoiler]Red Phazon Suit[/spoiler] but the first time I played this hack (A few days after its release) I remember getting it right before the [spoiler]Blue Phazon Suit[/spoiler] Is this supposed to happen or I wasn't supposed to get in now?

Also I noticed a minor graphical error. Dark samus' visor is blue not red. Samus' visor with the phazon suit is red.

A_red_monk_called_Key

Quote from: Black Soldier on December 29, 2011, 01:09:29 PM
Permastuck detected!
I just got the X-Ray not too long ago, then got myself into this after block-breaking with the speedbooster.
thanks i'll fix that

Quote from: Steyiak on December 29, 2011, 01:25:50 PM
Played through the hack I really like the new version but I came across a bug.

The bug is about the left door. When I enter the room if I open the right door and then fire a missile to the left door, it will become blue but if I fire a missile at the left door first, it turns into a grey one. I actually went to the right door and got the [spoiler]Red Phazon Suit[/spoiler] but the first time I played this hack (A few days after its release) I remember getting it right before the [spoiler]Blue Phazon Suit[/spoiler] Is this supposed to happen or I wasn't supposed to get in now?

Also I noticed a minor graphical error. Dark samus' visor is blue not red. Samus' visor with the phazon suit is red.
the doors are connected. there made like that so you can be directed to red phazon or skip it

Daltone

This looks pretty awesome since I last played.
Your quite the talent with the graphics, the elevator room map is a nice touch.
Good job red monkey!

JamieWebb16

Quote from: Daltone on December 29, 2011, 09:47:45 PM
This looks pretty awesome since I last played.
Your quite the talent with the graphics, the elevator room map is a nice touch.
Good job red monkey!
I'll say! :D

Quote58

Before I say how much I love this hack, some questions:
1. How many phazon particles are there? I've picked up like 10.
2. Am I supposed to be able to walk out of ridley's fight? I would assume not, but the locked door plm is way below the door.
3. Why is there a random mirrored room outside of spore spawns room? it doesn't contain any items.
4. What's up with the map in tetrafuze? it only scrolls down and left.
5. What is kraid supposed to be? It looks cool, but I don't get it.
Okay, on to the hack. I played Phazon hack when you first released it so long ago, and I loved it. In fact, I think it was your hack that brought me to these forums. 0.3 is amazing, even with the few gripes I've always had with the hack, it is one of, if not my favourite hack. Since I've played the original and 0.2 so many times, this version went really fast. However I was not expecting what there was in the new area off of the lower phazon mines. Your suit colours could use some work, namely the first, but the rest is incredible. The new ship is much better, especially with the addition of the gears to collect. All in all, this hack is spectacular. Can't wait for parasite echo!

A_red_monk_called_Key

QuoteAm I supposed to be able to walk out of ridley's fight? I would assume not, but the locked door plm is way below the door.
oops. can believe i missed that

edit: both glitches fixed.

bot01

hey dude, in this part if the upper robot enemy catch you, you get traped forever! or "permastuck" i think its called...

MATHGODpi

Been playing this for the past couple of hours. Mouth-watering goodness.

Kasel

So can anyone explain to me why when I download the IPS, it doesn't download as any sort of file and Lunar IPS tells me its not an IPS file?  Even if I change the extension (Which it doesn't have when downloaded)

Edit:  fixed it. For some reason, the file wouldn't download as any sort of file at all.  I changed the extension from nothing to .rar and it worked.  Very strange.

Riffman81

Quote from: Kasel on December 31, 2011, 06:27:49 AM
So can anyone explain to me why when I download the IPS, it doesn't download as any sort of file and Lunar IPS tells me its not an IPS file?  Even if I change the extension (Which it doesn't have when downloaded)

Edit:  fixed it. For some reason, the file wouldn't download as any sort of file at all.  I changed the extension from nothing to .rar and it worked.  Very strange.

I was wondering the same thing, thought I was doing something wrong... I've been trying to play this for the past two days now. I'm going to assume the patch here is the updated one?? Or is it the one over at RHDN?

Zhs2

I believe that the attachment system breaks on spaces. I'm looking into a fix.

The rar archive here is the updated one. Or, at least, renamed to a rar.

MATHGODpi

Oh look, it seems the hacks page will need to be updated.  :wink:

Edit: regarding the hack... possible concern? Blue door not opening when shot?

Edit: nm, have it figured out now

Quote58

Quote from: MATHGODpi on December 31, 2011, 07:05:32 PM
Edit: regarding the hack... possible concern? Blue door not opening when shot?

That's not a glitch, but I can't give it away. It's pretty awesome though, not sure how he did it.

Kasel

I have to admit, I am fucking lost.  I just collected the Phazon Missiles and the Echo Beam and I can't figure out where to go next.  I've looked everywhere I can think to find the path but to no avail.  I'm sure I'm missing something somewhere but yeah... Any tips?

Scyzer

Look for a big red map with a glowing dot on it which should give you some indication of where you need to go. Hint, there's one before Spore Spawn.

Kasel

Hm.  I can definitely check that out.  Any other hint?  The red dot shows that I guess I need to go into the mines but I'm blocked off by a brown door if I recall correctly.

Quote58

Kasel, first, do you have dark beam? I think you have to have it by now. Second, you might want to go to red tetrafuze to get a certain item now that you have the phazon missiles.
If you want another hint then here's one:
warp point. Not sure what the area is called.
Forgot to mention in my other post, my first percentage of 0.3 was 65%.

Kasel

I have the Dark Beam.  I'm not sure how to get over to Red Tetrafuse.  Does the Warp area lead to it?

Quote58

The warp area leads to everywhere except for the final area. If you're looking for a way into the phazon mines, use the warp point.
The way in is hidden. however it's easy to find.
Also, for red tetrafuze, just go right, as far right as you can. You'll have to destroy a dark beam block to get there, so when you reach one, you know you're going the right way.