News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

Super Metroid : Darkholme Hospital

Started by Cloud20, May 01, 2012, 01:15:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

passarbye

Corruptor

Quote from: passarbye on November 04, 2012, 05:59:46 PM
love the trailer, it looks great!
Agreed - I was expecting a jump scare at the end  :lol:

Cloud20

Thanks guys. Btw for the guide I downloaded a picture on the net, I reworked it to insert Samus (Nurse Suit) picture in the guide :

[spoiler][/spoiler]

Corruptor

Quote from: Cloud12 on November 10, 2012, 11:39:56 AM
Thanks guys. Btw for the guide I downloaded a picture on the net, I reworked it to insert Samus (Nurse Suit) picture in the guide :

[spoiler][/spoiler]
Niiiiice  :oh:

Cloud20

This week end i will try some enemy clonage.

Goal : to have some different enemy shutters with differents palettes to make match it with each floor colors (light white to dark green and dark red)

So i will edit the post when I will have some progress on it

Corruptor

Quote from: Cloud12 on November 28, 2012, 05:45:26 PM
This week end i will try some enemy clonage.

Goal : to have some different enemy shutters with differents palettes to make match it with each floor colors (light white to dark green and dark red)

So i will edit the post when I will have some progress on it
ooooohhhh, would like to see that...

Cloud20

So i have done it, making two clones, but i need some more others :)

They are just clones for use more palette, for example I created White Gate clone for 5th Floor CRE palette. This new shutter matches with overall palette second floor, this is a custom .GIF created to be more organized when i'm using a clone

And result :

Cloud20

Something goes wrong with cloning. Since I made that, spore spawn freeze the game when it's killed.
By chance i have a backup before cloning.
If someone have any idea of why it happens, he can post here a suggest. Thanks  :^_^:

Corruptor

Quote from: Cloud12 on December 02, 2012, 07:04:51 PM
Something goes wrong with cloning. Since I made that, spore spawn freeze the game when it's killed.
If someone have any idea of why it happens, he can post here a suggest. Thanks  :^_^:
neat to see what you've done so far. Now, of course I can't help you with the glitch but guess. i've tried to look at enemy cloning before, it seems like a bitch to do. So I was like: I would rather not now. Perhaps, you've overwritten some sort of code in the process of enemy cloning? Unless if it doesn't require free space (I doubt that it doesn't). Compare your backup to your current in the codes where you have to mess with it...I'm just trying to help, but on a guess...I sense someone with the power to help, coming to help.

Cloud20

Quote from: Corruptor on December 11, 2012, 08:01:37 PM
Quote from: Cloud12 on December 02, 2012, 07:04:51 PM
neat nito see what you've done so far. Now, of course I can't help you with the glitch but guess. i've tried to look at enemy cloning before, it seems like a bitch to do. So I was like: I would rather not now. Perhaps, you've overwritten some sort of code in the process of enemy cloning? Unless if it doesn't require free space (I doubt that it doesn't). Compare your backup to your current in the codes where you have to mess with it...I'm just trying to help, but on a guess...I sense someone with the power to help, coming to help.

It's nice of you Corruptor :D. In fact i've finally opted for another solution. I have a LOT of unused enemies for that, i copied dna shutters on them, and take random unused palettes from unused enemis. Sometimes, easier solution are the best :)

Also, i almost finish to have all shutters palettes. I must rework their tiles (Enemy, GFX and PLM), to remove the white reflect on them, keep the metal shine around it, because the white shine is a part of 0 palette CRE and essential for details in HUD and other PLM stuff i think.

Also, i'm working on turbines and magnets, well, can't tell more, it will be a surprise ;)

uodate :
now items are classified when the message box appears (black stuff is removed)
- Red Text is for ammos and packs.
- Green Text is for main items.
- Blue Text is for suits.
- Yellow Text is for the other operations (save/recharge/evidence)

Cloud20

I have a question in my mind. I can't tell exactly the goal of this because it's a surprise.
Can we include fool xray blocks in Layer 2 ? The principle is to let appear something behind an layer 1 used like BG, when you use scope.

JAM

Yes, you could. But I can't say by sure that these blocks placed in Layer 2 will do what do you want.

Cloud20

Thanks for the answer JAM, the better solution is to try, if i succeed, Spy Mode can be really a very nice surprise  :^_^:

Scyzer

You cannot put fool xray blocks into layer 2. All of layer 2 is air blocks, there's no way around it.
Not that it matters anyway, because using XRay deletes layer 2 while in use.

Cloud20

Okay thanks for the precision Scyzer, and it makes me saaaaaddd  :sad:
Now i know that thing is impossible, i can explain the goal of this.
In Spy Mode the X-Ray/Goldeneye item is available. I wanted to put, under a layer 1 of Floor 6, some ghost scenery GFX. Why?
Use the x-ray and you can see a lot of creepy ghosts around you in the room. They are invisible, but perceptible only with this item. This idea is quite scaring and could add something to the atmosphere. It's a pity :(

Qactis

Maybe... you could have some BTS blocks in the layer 1 that check if X-ray is in use, and if so, swap layer 1 and 2 graphics? I'm not sure whether it is possible. I also would like to know how the layering code in SZM works

Quietus

If you're on about parts where the layer seems to disappear, I thought it was just done with BTS blocks that disable layer two.  DSO's layer two transparency patch can be tweaked to do the same thing.

Edit: In fact, I made a test video for it a while back.  Is [noembed]this[/noembed] what you meant?

Cloud20

I will edit this post with some schemas to explain myself, thanks guys btw

Cloud20

So...schemas. (Well, I'm sure you will laugh when you'll see samus figure.  :lol:
Light Green is for FG layer 1
Dark Green is for a BG Layer 1 x-ray
In Layer 2 (under BG Layer 1), we have hidden ghost

And effect with scope revealing layer 2 ghosts

Quietus

So, I'll expect the Samus sprite replacement .ips file in one week.  Get cracking. :^_^:

Cloud20

Quote from: Quietus on January 12, 2013, 12:16:22 PM
So, I'll expect the Samus sprite replacement .ips file in one week.  Get cracking. :^_^:

:lol: It could be a new secret key patch :)

MetroidMst

Qactis

IMO is rooms where you want your invis ray to work make your FOREGROUND layer 2 and just do pro shit with BTS to make it look like she's walking on it, then have the enemies and tiles you want invis in layer one. Add a hijack to the enemy code that checks if X-ray is on and swap the palette from an all-transparent (color 0) palette to the desired palette. I reckon you'd have no background, but hey invis shit man. Since FG would be layer 2, using your ghost ray would make all FG invisible, which would look even cooler

Mon732

Even easier, put the ghosts on layer one, the 'foreground' on layer 2 then make sure the ghosts are set to be behind samus and the 'foreground' tiles are set to be infront.
Do tiletypes and bts (soild, air ect) as normal on layer 1.

No asm needed!

Cloud20

It could be interesting to do that. Thanks Mon, i will try on a next backup :)