News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

Super Metroid : Darkholme Hospital

Started by Cloud20, May 01, 2012, 01:15:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cloud20

FINALLY I'VE DONE IT! :)

We talking about this with Metaquarius few pages above, I used unused palette colors to create new neons on the same way than 6th floor neons, and just reworked FX1 glow with project palettes. Enjoy :

Blinking lights in 6th floor

EDIT : Mute sound

Metaquarius

Cloud20

Hum... I have a small question. How decrease the speed of "in charge beam" glow in Samus beauty salon? it need hex tweak ?  :^_^:

Some texts are written for evidences rooms :)
Staff Board (aka Confidential in v1)
Blank File (used by ghosts)
Subject list ( a list of few victims of pain therapy)
Confidential (a secret document giving more details on awful experiences)

EDIT : a new system is shown at first post to see the progress percentage of each keypatch

Cloud20

Poll closed :^_^:
All 2.0 and keypatchs will be released the same time (this was my first intention), sorry for people who wanted to play 2.0 before keypatch releases.

The following picture can give an idea of Generator Off. Of course the work on palette is just began :

[spoiler][/spoiler]

Corruptor

Sexy and so is the light thing, this will be awesome. I think you can now call this a normal hack, not a mini hack. :3

Cloud20

In fact Corruptor I never called it "mini hack"  :lol:,  it's only community who gives this nomination. But you're right, it's called mini-hack only because, i'm supposing, the game is playable in one hour max and ~25 min speedrun.
But the nomination is not really important.

For lights off? Glad that please you. You can imagine now the low light of 5th and 6th. In 6th, if you havn't senses of a bat, YOU'RE LOST !  :lol:

danidub

This is a very good game with great level design. I'm sure 2.0 will be even better.
Here is my Darkholme Hospital map: W.I.P.
[spoiler][/spoiler]

Cloud20

:whoa:
Your map is just...AMAZING. Wonderful work danidub, and thank you.
(Of course map was updated since my previous picture, and some item moved place)

But awesome awesome awesome  :grin:

danidub

Thank to you. I had a lot of fun playing and maping your game.
I'm glad you like the map. I will update as soon as i'll have more info.
Looking forward to play 2.0
If you want to see all my maps go to Map Station. There's a link in the bottom of my posts.

Cloud20

I had just checked your site. I'm trying to check large pictures but my computer is very too old, and I will re-try until have to seen at least one of your maps in full screen. The little I have seen your make a great job for each games/hacks. It seems to be clear, complete and detailed, and your design is very cool.  :^_^:

By my side, I'm enjoy that you had fun when you played my hack. I will keep an eye on your work. :)

EDIT : Actually I can load smallest pictures :)

UPDATE : Oh, I just thought, I planning to release after 2.0 a digital guide for the hack. I can't give too much details for the moment, this is a picture introducing Floor 1 (like Crateria in official guide)

Definitive structure, not definitive picture. My computer isn't adapted for 3D renders anymore, so I'm sorry for the quality of the image (only 640x480)

danidub

Darkholme Hospital map 1.1  : :yay:
[spoiler][/spoiler]

Cloud20

Oh well you posted the map here ;)
Just wondering what edit you did between Map 1.0 et 1.1 ? :^_^: =>>> EDIT : I feel very very idiot. I didn't see your changes on underconstruction rooms (before PM), it's perfectly in the spirit of the hack. I am someone very absent-minded and I doesn't stop to say it. Sorry Danidub  :blush:

Definitive construction

Metaquarius

@danidub : this map looks awesome !!

Quote from: Cloud12 on August 06, 2012, 11:46:25 AM
Oh, I just thought, I planning to release after 2.0 a digital guide for the hack.
This is a good idea and those 3D renders are nicely done ! 640x480 is large enough btw

Cloud20

Thanks for feedback on it.  :^_^:
The picture of 2nd is almost ended, just missing electric outlets

Now enjoy the 3rd floor :) (under construction)

danidub

@ Metaquarius: Thanks a lot!

Cloud20

Map reconstruction,  by new tiles. It's messy, but I just began to work on this.

X-tradyte

Dude that looks great.

Except those corner tiles don't really work with the bottom, so you might want to make two or more types.

You'll probably need to end up repointing the map tiles for more space, anyways. Won't you?

Cloud20

Don't worry, all "security" yellow/black diagonal lines will be placed in the same orientation  :^_^:.
I duplicate tiles to avoid symetric problems when I rotate a tile sample. Repointing? Normally, I don't need it now, because much of map tiles are unused in this hack (format of each room are does'nt bigger than 2x2 scroll blocks)

X-tradyte

Actually, this is just an opinion but I would keep the security ones for the way out, like, the exit path, you know? It would make for a good kind of "Restricted" area. Kind of like fire doors that people can't use unless there is an actual fire?

but yeah. I noticed most are just 2x2. And in regards to that map that danidub made, if I haven't commented already, that looks amazing man, hope something like that will happen to Retaliation when it's out.

Cloud20

I see the idea :)
The only problem is that this security tile will be shown at the very end. I'm planning to erase the mini map finally, and people won't make pause to see it. For the moment I will continue to work my first idea, see if it's work and if it need to rework for put it only on exit path I will do it.

It's funny the idea of fire doors, because I've got it in v2.0 (under the name of emergency door)
So yes, danidub is great, and I confess that his work inspires me in my turn

EDIT : a way to show exit path in map? Look it :)

SirAileron

It certainly looks... busy. I don't know if it's just me, though, but the stripes on the map are a little taxing and distracting to my eyes. Is that gonna stay that way? o.o

FPzero

I agree.  The idea is very cool, but the business of the pattern makes looking at the map for prolonged periods of time a little eye-stressing.

Cloud20

Okay, the concept is a litle bit reworked, I think this is better.

danidub

Cloud12 gave me more info on the game to make a Darkholme Hospital 2.0 Mystery Map.
Here's the result:

[spoiler][/spoiler]

X-tradyte

The map is, honestly easier to read like that, since there isn't a lot of restricted lines that get in the way. Plus you included a door key this time too, which is good.

And I'm just going to take a wild shot that you took out the expansions but left in the actual upgrades? Only replacing them with item squares so it would indeed be a mystery?