News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

Super Metroid: Current Hacks

Started by Zhs2, May 15, 2009, 11:22:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zhs2

This topic just has links to all hacks in Super Metroid that are completed and in progress.

Completed Hacks:
W.I.P. Hacks:
This topic is a work in progress. Some hacks may not be listed yet. I plan on updating this as quickly as I can. If you find a problem with this thread (didn't double check my work) please let me know so I can fix it. Thanks.

Original post by Shadow34370.

TIP TO ALL POSTERS HERE: If you are requesting a new listing, please include a name AND a link to the topic beforehand, else it may be ignored! You have been warned!

Scyzer

I don't think you'll get a hack on this list with only 1 or 2 screenshots.... you have to have some kind of substantial visualness with a kinda large chunk of it done. If the list contained every hack that was ever startd it would be well over 200 hacks =/

Zhs2

Quietus

I've just downloaded the ROM, so can you add mine? :heheh:

Reaper901

smx: investigation has a new thread on this forum, could you possibly change it for me?

Zhs2

Done. I fixed Rainbow City's link too. :D

Halo_Payne

thx but how do i use the ips to activate to the smc

Quietus

You can either:

Give it the same name as your ROM, such as Super Metroid.smc and Super Metroid.ips, and then put them in the same folder.  Your emulator will then automatically apply the patch when you load it.

or

Download Lunar IPS, run it, and follow the instructions.

Oh, and make sure you're using an unheadered ROM, as the majority of hacks use it.  Your ROM's size will be 3,072KB.  If it's 3,073, it's headered, and you can just open it in SMILE, select Tools > Header, and remove accordingly.

Edit: Sorry, too late. :razz:

Zhs2

Silver Skree

Sigma++ needs to be taken off the WIP hacks and Sigma++ Demo placed under finished hacks.

Qactis

welp, https://dl.dropbox.com/u/16496280/Super%20Metroid/Super%20Metroid%20Hacks.7z there ya go. 58MB of IPSes and as much info as I could gather or be assed to grab for hacks we didn't already know about. EVERYTHING is in this folder. ALL completed hacks, categorized by Overhaul, Full, Half, Mini, One-Room, One Week (comp), Christmas (comp), Halloween (comp), and Dead&WIP hacks, which need some lovin' too, because some of these dead ones were super cool before they disappeared for all eternity.

Edit: Oops, sorry, forgot to mention; all hacks that have a header are denoted with an [H] at the end of the name on the .ips file, unheadered hacks are not marked.

Quietus

A few notes, Qactis:

I think the unnamed project under Dead Full Hacks should actually be labelled to clarify that it has no name.  Perhaps square brackets or something, so it's Super Metroid [Unnamed].  Otherwise, if we're accepting its misspelling, then it's actually Super Metroird Unamed. :wink:

Also, I note that you have an .ips file for Magma v1.1, which I could only (after a quick search) find as an .smc file.  If you've created an .ips to have in your archive, then I couldn't see T Metroid, which is the same (only an .smc).  There's a link on Eppy's (I think?) page here.

Qactis

http://m2k2.taigaforum.com/post/super_metroird_unamed_demo.html Thread for the unnamed hack. Yes it is indeed called Unamed because he could A) not spell and B) not think of a name.

Yes I created an IPS from Magma's ROM because ROM distribution is illegal (why does Eppy have ROMs hosted on his website?), the download link for T Metroid appears to be dead. If it's not, feel free to host it somewhere and PM me the download link, and I'll release a v1.1 of the hack archive.

Quietus

Quickly sorted out an .ips.  Try this.

Metaquarius

Big thanks to Qactis and the site managment team, the Hacks page looks way better organized now !  :yay:

Qactis

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/16496280/Super%20Metroid/Super%20Metroid%20Hacks%20v1.1.7z

Changes in 1.1:

Hack by 8 Thrack:
T-Metroid, a half hack

Hacks by Boost Guardian:
Metroid Fullrun and Metroid Marathon, minihacks
Metroid Resurrection, Metroid The Darkness Spreads, and Metroid The Darkness Spreads 2, half hacks.

bradzx

Hey Qactis, I notice some letter you put.  H stand for header, right?

Quietus

Yes.  It's to highlight those few hacks that require a headered ROM, most notably those from DMantra - Cliffhanger and Eris.

bradzx