News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

[SM] Metroid Super Zero Mission

Started by Scyzer, April 16, 2011, 05:53:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Scyzer

Quote from: SMILEuser96 on April 29, 2011, 11:09:46 AM
[spoiler=A slight correction to the above post]You don't have to use a Power Bomb. It's highly probable that you don't even have them yet (you'll get them soon though). Any weapon will break the glass wall.[/spoiler]

I forgot about that :| I did have PBs at the time. I'd already completed the game before even going down the eastern side of Tourian when Mother Brain is.

Also, Chozunsda:

Metroid Super Zero Mssion - Avoiding The Tripwires

Prime Hunter

And having to do all sorts of tricks like that is why I'll never be as good as others at Metroid games. Having to do things like that, or at least expecting the player to figure it out on their own the first time around, is downright insane from my perspective, which is why I'm glad that avoiding the lasers is an optional path and not forced upon you. Of course, the fact that hitting the lasers sets off my least favorite part of the game because its so brutal on you isn't exactly the option I'd choose either if I had any choice in the matter.

Chozunsda

Thanks Sadi! I got stuck because I went the wrong way lol, but I actually got the Diagonal Bomb jump on like my 5th try.  :grin: But when I was trying to be sneaky later I could not get it no matter how much i tried.

54% I accidentally found the last boss!

Now for 100%! This hack is amazing. Nothing more needs to be said.

EDIT:Nevermind Im dumb. The alarm resets if you go the entrance.

DonnyDonovan

15:09, 56%.

All things considered, I'd have to say this is the best Super Metroid hack ever made.  After about a week of doing little else during my free time, my wife and kids will appreciate my return.  So addictive and epic is this one.

Scyzer

Super Zero Mission - Tourian X-Ray Scope

The rewards of dodging those lasers first go just keep coming :D

bot01

wow thats amazing, when i finish my second walktrough i will avoid the laser to get power bombs earlie,  too late now , but i gonna do it in the third walktrough *challenge accepted*

btw, this hack is so epic, my only real complain is that it lag a bit too much in a few situations, one in particular is anoying, doe to involve a shinesparks trick with lava erupting in Ridley norfair, making it REALLY dificult.

Steyiak

Are there any required hell's runs in this hack? If so, do not tell me when they are as I want to find that myself.

MetroidMst

Chozunsda

Im pretty sure you have to do one to get to [spoiler]Grapple, but i just went and got Varia early.[/spoiler]

Quietus

Steyiak

Actually, one is required.
[spoiler]Before you get grapple you have to do a small one room hell's run because getting Varia normally and not early requires the Grapple.[/spoiler]

MetroidMst

But since you can get Varia early it isn't "required," which I believe is all he asked for.

Digital_Mantra

Just started this one.
Was never fond of the 'comic book style' tiles, but I'll give it a chance.

Steyiak

Can someone please tell me where can I find the lvl-1 door mechanism unlocking divice thingy? :razz:

Edit: Never mind. I found it.

JAM

Meanwhile, version 2.00 is done. Check their JP page. Don't sure, what was changed.

Quote from: Steyiak on May 12, 2011, 10:50:18 AM
Are there any required hell's runs in this hack? If so, do not tell me when they are as I want to find that myself.
[spoiler]I have got several Super Missiles, Speed Booster, High-Jump Boots and Ice Beam. To do all this, I've performed a hell run through lava. I've killed bomb Torizo, Kraid and Crocomiro, but I still don't have a Varia Suit =)
[/spoiler]

Crashtour99

If you use google translate on their JP page, they have a list of changes made with version history.  Though due to poor translation it's hard to read/understand.

Qactis

Yeah Japanese and English are very different. There's no direct translation for a lot of Japanese words. I know a guy I went to high school with who moved there to translate Jap games to English, he said it's hard work fitting an english translation into the little text boxes sometimes

Quietus

From this:
Quote5 / 1 (V.2.00)
Fixed minor terrain changes misplaced some of the measures the topography of the buried room grapples
I would read that the creator:
Fixed some tiling errors
Altered the shape of the ground / rooms in the Grapple Beam area.

Perhaps it was 'hidden Grapple rooms', but it would seem strange to have hidden Grapple rooms, as opposed to item rooms.

Digital_Mantra

Huge hack. Gets better and better.
I've only just got powerbombs.

Derakon

I'll admit to not having read this thread, since I don't want to be spoilered. I'm currently here:
[spoiler]
Items: Charge/Ice/Spazer
Missiles + super missiles
Grappling beam
Varia
Morph ball + bombs[/spoiler]I had to take a dip in the lava to get here, and now it seems like I need wave beam (to get back out -- one-way blue gate) or speed booster (to progress)...neither of which are in this very small area as far as I can tell. Am I stuck?

Up to this point, the game's done an excellent job! I've had a lot of "Oh man I'm not supposed to be here...but hey, I haven't roadblocked!" moments where it seems like I need X powerup but a moment's searching has revealed an alternate route.

EDIT: realized right after posting that the gate's one you can green-gate glitch, so that's one way out, I guess. It's a bit disappointing to have to use a glitch to get out though, especially since I didn't have to glitch my way in, so I'd still like to know if there's another way out with my current equipment.

EDIT 2: it's possible to get out without glitching, as I found out once I came back with the proper equipment. So there's a sequence break here if you want it.

X-tradyte

Well, having beaten SZM, By now you should be getting Wave beam, I'll tell you where to get it if you don't find it within the next post, if you've seen spring ball, you're very close.

Derakon

Yeah, as I said, I figured that area out. I've now been through Tourian and back, which was excellently done, and have found myself here:[spoiler][/spoiler]It was really painful getting this far, so I'd like to continue if possible, but despite the fact that the area seems specifically designed to enable what I'm doing, I can't find any way forward from here that doesn't require the equipment I'm rather obviously missing.

I'd guess that I'm supposed to have come in from the top of the map, probably by way of the pirate ship. But that's a long ways away now...

Digital_Mantra

While I liked several parts of the game, and some of the graphics, overall I hated this hack.
And this is why.
[spoiler][/spoiler]

X-tradyte

Well, if you've been through tourian, have you gotten Lv. 3? Also, Where you are now, your next boss shall be very close to you, keep going south to a room with "BANG"s in it, kill all of them, avoid the beam though, it takes about 3-5 E-tanks each. and after that, a lit up flashing door shall appear. Enter it. Shoot the chozo's in the face with a charged shot, and the continue on to the 2nd, do the same. Within there should be a room with Botwoon in it. He guards your fully powered suit. (Gravity with Plasma, Screw attack and Space jump.)

Hope this helped. :)

Digital_Mantra

I'm in Chozodia fighting GT, the floor gave way and I've less than 20 health.
I get a feeling I wasn't suppose to fight him yet but I passed the red laser pretty easily considering you can go back into a roll for walljumping.
I'm guessing there's lots of Chozodia and Pirate Ship left ahead.