News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

attaching images

Started by MultiK1llZ, November 01, 2010, 10:08:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MultiK1llZ

Hey, sorry to get of topic, but I,ve been searching the forum and i wanted to know, how to upload visible photos and videos (are they attachments?) so that i could post a topic for my hack.

- Cheers  :grin:

Zhs2

You can't; attachment image hosting has been outlawed here. What you CAN do, though, is use a photo hosting site such as Imageshack or Photobucket or Majhost and place a direct link to them in a post here surrounded by [img] tags!

zephyrtronium

This was obviously in the wrong place, but I can't think where the right place would be now that I have split it. Thus it shall go here.

SlyPork

Hey I've been trying to get my picture to load and be visible for awhile and through many different methods with no luck so far. I figured this post would help, and I even did what Zhs2 said to do and it didn't work. I've been using Dropbox though. Has anyone found a way to direct link a picture using Dropbox?

Quietus

Yes.  You just open your Dropbox folder, right-click the picture, and select 'Copy public link...'  You then use tags, like so:
[img]link-goes-here.png[/img]
Also:
Quote from: Quietus on November 11, 2014, 05:04:58 AM
I don't think you're able to link it like that, because you've saved it as a .pdf.  Saving it as any form of image would allow you to do so.

snarfblam

Quote from: Quietus on November 11, 2014, 05:11:01 AM
Yes.  You just open your Dropbox folder, right-click the picture, and select 'Copy public link...'  You then use tags, like so:
If you get www.dropbox.com/blahblahblah links and they don't work, try changing "www.dropbox" to "dl.dropboxusercontent".

SlyPork

Thanks guys, I actually converted it to a .jpg for file space and I figured it would be easier for the site to load. I'll try it again with a .png version and do your methods.

(edit) Got it to work, thanks guys  :grin:

ThatSpoiler

I am unable to see pictures from Dropbox. Does anybody know how to remedy this? When I click on the image link it brings me to a Dropbox 404 error page. This may just be a problem with my PC but if anyone has any suggestions that would be awesome.

Quietus

Dropbox have just changed their policy, and public folders that we used to use no longer work. If you want to add any images, you'll need to use a different host, such as imgur or whatever. For any existing links to pictures, it's up to the individual to fix any historic links, but I doubt many will be done, so don't hold your breath. :neutral: