News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

TheBeardedCavalier artwork

Started by SlyPork, November 10, 2014, 11:02:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SlyPork

So I finally got around to creating my deviantart account, TheBeardedCavalier, and thought I'd post some of my artwork.
I have some metroid-based projects finished and in progress. This particular one was designed in Adobe Illustrator and Processing.
I'm also thinking about doing some more works like it, but maybe with other tilesets. I haven't thought of a name for it yet either.
Any ideas?

Let me know what you guys think!

[spoiler][/spoiler]

Link to original post on my DeviantArt

SlyPork

So as some of you on IRC may have heard from all my complaining and moaning, I have been working on a sculpture for the past month (instead of hacking/streaming/streaming hacks/hacking streams :cry:) but it was worth it though! :^_^: This is one of my class projects, we were assigned to "draw something in space" and I decided to "draw" a Super Nintendo controller. It's handmade entirely of black wire, all buttons are pressable just like a real SNES controller, it is 9ft x 3ft x 16in, and took roughly 70+ hours to make. So whatcha guys think?

[spoiler][/spoiler]

[spoiler=Link to original post on my DeviantArt]http://thebeardedcavalier.deviantart.com/art/Super-Nintendo-controller-wire-sculpture-566457242[/spoiler]

Quietus

I like it. I'd say you did a good job, since it's instantly recognisable, even if you didn't tell us it was a SNES controller. It's also pretty evocative for me, since it's a huge chunk of my childhood. I also still think it's one of the best controllers. It was so ergonomic, and I never recall any discomfort despite whole days spent gaming. Ah, the good ol' days. :grin:

Mon732

I wanna push all the buttons!
*pushes the middle of the d-pad*

PonchGaming

Man, this looks so real, it looks like it was drawen. That's good