News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

Room of the Week 2014 - Archives

Started by Quote58, April 19, 2012, 09:40:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Smiley

[spoiler][/spoiler]
No background due to hardware limitations. (Yes, that's the actual reason)

Cloud20

[spoiler][/spoiler]

Troll room from Darkholme :D
I can't say more about it, it's a surprise. Just imagine a red haze on it.

Also Happy Birthday Smileuser :D

Digital_Mantra

I really love the gradual degradation of that shaft. So much attention to detail. Eerie.

Vismund Cygnus

Welp, so much for getting three wins in a row. I was hoping the week would roll over so I'd actually get a chance to enter, I've been on holidays all week and didn't prepare anything before I left!  :cry:
Anyway, this week's rooms are looking rad, keep up the good work all of you.

Quietus

BF for me this week.  Neither of the other two rooms really grabbed my attention, and I liked some of the custom tiles. :^_^:

Smiley

BF wins by default. No doubt about it. It's not my opinion either. It's a fact.

Lady_K

Wow at that night sky! Love it! Definitely Black Falcon  :razz:

Plutia

Voting Cloud just because I'd be preeetty scared as fuck if I went down a shaft like that in a hack. Adding some darkness to it would help it a bit, I think!

Edit: have some more words
While Black_Falcon's high tech thingy stuff is really nice and all, if there's more than one room like that it wouldn't be as unique, wouldn't be as memorable in my view. As for the shaft, something like that would absolutely be something that you probably wouldn't forget.

Quietus

It'd probably be more effective if the trip down were slower as well.  We quite often see people speeding lifts up, but something like that needs time for players to digest what they are seeing. :^_^:

Mon732

Voted for SMILEuser. We need more rotated tilesets! :P

Quietus

[whisper]Just rotate your monitor.[/whisper] :^_^:

Vismund Cygnus

If I post this, Quote has to remember to update it!  :heheh:
[spoiler=This is far less confusing in game, I promise][/spoiler]

Quietus

It actually looks pretty cool, even if it wasn't a room. :^_^:

Vismund Cygnus

Everyone is too scared of my room to enter, so I guess it's going to have to be me that takes me down.
[spoiler=Really though, someone else make a room, mine is lonely][/spoiler]

Quietus

That's pretty good, Grime.  The (I presume) broken doorcaps add a nice touch of atmosphere too.

Quietus

As artistic as Vismund's room is, it's Grime for me this week.  My only suggestion would be to keep the dots / bars in the grey tiles symmetrical, since it looks more structural, and fits with the rest of what you've built.  Having the double (joined) dots either side of the single dots may look better than having the single dot on one end. :^_^:

Nikoshiba

craighypheno

I voted for Vismund.

It reminds me of Yoshi's Island for some reason...

(I like Yoshi)

Quietus

Craigypheno's personal text reminded me of an old joke:
[spoiler]A boy is in his textiles class, and he accidentally stabs himself in the hand with his needle.
He rushes up to the teacher, and says "Miss, please, I've stabbed myself in the hand.  Have you got any cider?"
His teacher replies "Why on earth would you want some cider?"
The boy says "My sister said that whenever she gets a prick in her hand, she puts it in cider."[/spoiler]
:^_^:

craighypheno

Quietus that was brilliant!

Cider is really common in southern England, it's really strange! Love the occasional one (or several)!

(Sorry to go slightly off topic!)

Quietus

Jordan5

It's 'cause we drink away our troubles of flooding :wink:

craighypheno

Ahh yes these floods and rains are starting to aggravate me slightly! *grabs snorkel*

Why can't it rain cider instead?