News:

Don't forget to visit the main site! There's lots of helpful docs, patches, and more!

Main Menu

ROMMBA

Started by dewhi100, March 31, 2024, 09:46:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dewhi100

From the mind that brought you Super Madtroid...

I saw that Biospark released MAGE 2 last month, so I thought I would try it out. Long story short I'm a GBA hacker now. If you don't like it, you can forward your complaints to my clip data folder. Anyway, I put a lot more effort into this than I expected or really was good for me. Long story short I'm retiring from hacking. I'll never top this hack anyway so why bother.

The Story: Years after the "Adam Incident", the Bottle station has been converted to a school for misbehaved monster girls. There's just one problem- the student body may have been infiltrated by X parasites. Samus must go undercover as a student in order to investigate this new threat, but the X won't be her only problem. At Monster Battle Academy, Samus must face her greatest challenge yet- unresolved high school trauma.

RETURN OF METROID: MONSTER BATTLE ACADEMY has the following changes:

• A brand-new map
  • New characters
  • Reworked dialogue system
  • New combat and traversal upgrades
  • And more!

Instructions: Decompress patch and apply to a Metroid Fusion ROM file.
Link to download (It was too big to host on mainsite even after compressing it lol)
Good luck, Samus. We're all counting on you.

H A M

but gba roms max out at 32mb and there should be enough size to host a bps/ips on the main size

dewhi100

Yeah That was odd to me too. But the message said that ~4MB was the limit for some reason. The patch is 6 MB compressed so IDK.

RT-55J

Hot dang this is the highest effort Metroid Fusion hack I've ever seen. Seriously impressive work. Eat your heart out Oil Spill!

Metroid3D

Almost as good as weezer's 2014 masterpiece, Everything Will Be Alright In The End. Almost.

SpineShark

This is without a doubt the biggest plot twist in Metroid romhacking history.

Metaquarius

Patched ROM doesn't work. Help! I need my misbehaved monster girl fix rn.

Zhs2

Quote from: Metaquarius on April 02, 2024, 05:02:51 AM
Patched ROM doesn't work. Help! I need my misbehaved monster girl fix rn.

The joke with this patch is that it overwrites Metroid Fusion with Pokemon Emerald. You're getting a white screen because the save type in your emulator is set to some silly default like SRAM when Pokemon refuses to run unless the save type is Flash 128k (or you could let it be smart by picking automatic save type.)

RT-55J

it's hard to tell, but I think meta-sama-sempai-san-kun was playing along with the joke in his own way

dewhi100

Agreed. I trust Mister Quarius to know enough about ROM patching that any issue reported is most likely also a joke.